Should women be incorporated into infantry or combat roles in the military?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Apr 12, 2014.

1. #41 lilro, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Women aren't as good with weapons either. Watch a few 3-gun competitions. Their times are ALWAYS slower. So much so that they don't compete directly with the men.

Same in basketball.
    Same in track and field.
    Same in pretty much every occupation that involves physicality of any kind.

In terms of a military, you don't want "fair". You want totally kickass unfair advantage. You don't get that with women.

It's just reality.

Not saying that women are worthless by any means, but they don't belong on a battlefield.

2. Pay isnt at question in this thread. Why not start one of your own if you want another feminist arguement.

3. im guessing you didnt watch the video op posted. 

4. I don't agree with the pay part but I agree with the woman at the end saying equality should also include equal standard of entry and responsibility.

5. While this is a thread on military infantry, I feel it necessary to clear up some false information regarding female firefighters.

Every person entering Fire Academy must past the physical and testing certifications, regardless of gender. This includes certain height and weight requirements in some states. My father was a Firefighter for 30 years before he retired from the station. His only qualms were with the countless number of men that had either cheated on certification examinations, or the number of male Fire Instructors that had allowed this behavior to slide.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread, but as a female, Paramedic EMT in training, it should be known that I am required to do everything my male counterparts are expected to do. If you can't make the cut, you don't make the squad. Period.

"Picture you and me in a cabin by the sea, sit up on the porch and we can burn a couple trees."

6. I'm not trying to cherry pick but this is too cute.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=25b_1386841027

Honestly though there's plenty of dudes in the world who would act like that too if you tried to make them shoot an AK :laughing:

8. #49 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

Guns are really loud and will blow out your ear drums, especially rapid firing weapons. 

In fact my right ear is still ringing from poor hearing protection from firing my AR with a buddys ears.

9. LOL.

"Control discharge."

Most likely meant the weapon, but knowing Russia, they probably meant her tears haha

There's a video on youtube of a Chinese female soldier learning how to throw a grenade, she throws it at some sandbags right in front of her and it bounces back to her feet.

10. i used to go hunting with my dad all the time. this i know. lol 

im sure shotguns hunting rifles and revolvers dont compare to an ak though, since ive never shot one of those.

11. #52 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

It is about the same, just matters in terms of caliber. Shotguns are about the loudest but there are some very loud handguns and especially large caliber rifles that even surpass shotguns.

But yea poor woman cringes at the first shot because that shit hurts without ears. It literally feels like they are going to burst because they will. I have felt it before.

12. yea , the only reason i could see her reacting like that is when she pulled the bolt back she must have hurt herself or something. ive clipped my finger a few times with the hammer on revolvers

13. Oh shit comrade. My sides went further than they should.

14. this would make sense in a perfect world. Just cause you join the military doesn't mean you go to war, people make food, wash dishes, clean mess halls..etc to think a women would be as physically strong as a man is just absurd. Imagine being a 200lb unconscious solider with 80 pounds of gear on and relying on a woman to drag u out.

Maybe, either way poor girl. Ashame they were not nicer and more helpful because open ranges like that are the best, no stupid range rules. Just do what you want and maintain safety.

16. What's your point, this is specifically about combat roles and this is part of the point we're making.

As I said before, put them in an armored division. Then it can be just like my Chinese cartoons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ

17. So they should have all of the rights that men have but then again should get to pick when they get those rights.

18. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AGwrcqGXE

19. Honestly I agree with most of the points Sentry makes in this article. Maybe there should be exceptions made for the very few, but having a female quota would, in my opinion, would be detrimental.

Despite what the bleeding hearts want us to think, there are just some things that women can't do as well as men, and vice versa - close combat being one of them. As Sentry said, there's a reason men and women don't mix in fighting. A male boxer would destroy a female boxer. Not necessarily because women are less skillful/adept but because when it comes to brute force a man has a natural advantage.

There are just some things that evolution has done that can't be changed. A soldier's work demands more of natural male traits than natural female traits. There will definitely be exceptions but for the most part a quote would be a bad move.