Grow Show by Rancho

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by RanchoDeluxe, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Hey everyone. I'm new over here. Although, I do know some of you. Anyhow, I've got a new grow that's just getting started...so I figure I'll share. Here is a pic of the bed I made for the girls. It will hold roughly 150 gallons of soil.

DSC01268.JPG

2. Here is a pic of the bed after I put approximately 120 gallons of soil into it.

DSC01276.JPG

My soil mix, if I remember right.

50 gal peat moss
    5 gal composted bark mulch
    20 gal homemade EWC (well over 1yr old)
    10 gal Whitney Farms Compost (unsure of quality here)
    21 gal of uncrushed lava rock
    7 gal of pea gravel
    1 gal alfalfa charged biochar

To this I added approximately 100 heaping tbs of neem, kelp, crab, oyster. 300-400 tbs of glacial rock dust. Around 200tbs of some local clay/basalt. 50 tbs of camelina meal. I couldn't find a measuring cup so I used an old spoon and a salsa jar to measure with.

3. If anyone knows why my pics are so small ...please let me know...thanks. Here are some seedlings.

DSC01272.JPG

4. Ok...strains.  The One x SC99, NL5 x Neville's Haze, Pinesol x BMR, PurePowerPlant, Cherry Bomb

DSC01273.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

5. First!!! :smoke:

Welcome to GC Organics Rancho!  Nice to meet you!  When you say you made that bed (that holds 150 gallons) for the girls.... are you planting multiple plants directly in that bed?

Mix looks good!  Is this a mix you have experience with?  Have you used biochar much in the past?

Did you add 100 tbsp of neem, kelp, crab, and oyster mixed together, or 100 tbsps of each?

7. Here's a pic of the bigger TOxSC99 right before transplant.

DSC01279.JPG

Just to get an idea how big the main stem is.

DSC01281.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Gandalf_the_Green, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014

The pics look good to me.... once you click on them, they open up.  Dude... .your plants look great!  Extremely uniform..... clearly they are tended to by a gardener with an experienced hand.  Congrats man!

You must know some of GC's finest if you got a cut of The One..... is that a cross you did yourself?  And what is SC99?  Something based on C99, I would assume?

Nice!  Extremely branchy..... is this a clone taken from a flowering girl?

10. Here's a pic of PPP (indy)

DSC01280.JPG

Here is a pic of the boys.

DSC01283.JPG

The ladies that are going someplace else. I kinda mucked them up by not transplanting early enough and using those little 6" containers.

DSC01284.JPG

11. Hea rancho what happened over at los?

Sent from my N861 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Hey thanks for the welcome Gandalf.

Yeah I've got some experience running this mix before. I've used bio-char before that has had some compost and worm time. Never charged it w/ alfalfa before...not really much of it in my mix. It's 100 tbs of each neem, kelp, crab, oyster...I was shooting for 1tbs per gal. Heaping tbs, no measuring cup...so not really sure.

I was a Mod on another site...had a falling out. The TOxSC99 is from seed. I did not make the cross. Sweetest Cindy 99. I'd rather not say how I acquired this strain...at least for now.

13. Ok ...top left Cherry Bomb. Top right smaller but healthy TOxSC99. Bottom left big but pissy TOxSC99.
    Bottom right. PPP.

Pic was taken right after transplant and supercropping...damn I'm mean. DSC01282.JPG

15. Cool....I'm not a newbie anymore...lol.

16. Smalltime

17. Smalltime- Hey what's up man? Hope you're doing well. Check your PM box in a minute here.

To everyone else...please don't mention the other site you know me from...I meant to say that in my first post. PM me if you'd like to.

18. Cool, lookin good RD!

19. ^^^^^
    Hey thanks for stopping by man. Almost time to take some more pics. I'll probably send them to flower in a week or two.

I've got a thin layer of bark mulch and some fenugreek as the start of my mulch. I added some native grass and some red clover after the fenugreek came up. Left lots of room for mulch/topdress as I plan for this to be no-till.

20. Gonna be beasts