Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it ok to smoke 9yr old weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TryNstopME024, Apr 11, 2014.

1. So my wife's dad found his old one hitter box and gave it to me. There was quite a bit of bud left in there but the weed is black and has no smell to it. What would you guys do?

2. Let us know how that goes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Make sure it's not moldy and smoke it

4. are you guys all 13 and/or broke? i thought this was an 18+ forum lol

Unless it was kept in a good glass jar away from light and burped at least once in a while so it doesnt get moldy there is no way that weed will stay fresh for even a month regardless of whether u have it in a bag or not. now even with a jar you would have to take very good care of the weed and have a pretty good knowledge of curing to keep it fresh for 9 years(which i've never heard of by the way although i have heard of buds cured for a few years), but if you succeeded the buds should be alot more potent and smoke better overall than uncured buds, its like aging a wine or a cigar if done correctly. Since you said its black and was in a box that is obviously not the case, also you might want to do a bit of research on THC because in 9 years im pretty sure that weed doesnt even have any anymore, THC does break down over time if you didnt know that already especially when exposed to oxygen which is the only explanation for the condition of that weed. So if you want to smoke a horrible tasting joint or bowl that wont even get you high then yea go for it

5. I smoked a bag that my grandma held in her passion for like 24 yrs. She used to mix it with my tea to calm me down when i was younger.. that's why i smoke mean and bleed green.

sent from your bosses laptop

6. Thank god i thought the title said "is it okay to smoke a 9 year old on weed"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app while high as fuck

7. trash that shit 

8. :bolt:

Lol i thought it said is it ok to smoke a 9 year old's weed haha

10. I think Id throw out the old weed and get new weed. If you are asking what I would do.

11. thats what i thought too haha.

you can but it will be harsh and wot get you very high

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Haha this is how I read it. I say OP smoke it and give us updates

13. If it was black I'd most likely throw it away... 

14. Why would you want to?  You say the weed is black.....yeah use your common sense and throw it away.  

15. yes but only if youre 9 years old

Not fresh does not always equal not smokable though. 

If it has been dried/cured properly and isn't stored in a way that would collect moisture, all that should happen is it will get really damn dry. 

But, that said, weed shouldn't be black and I would not smoke that. 

17. Ha!

Thanks, haven't laughed like that in an age.

18. I'd do it

19. Dang! I just read the thread title and not the post! This is new info.