Do you agree with abortion?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Incommision, Apr 11, 2014.

1. And women can't do the same why? I thought we were equal...

But it's my child as well so I DO have a choice in the matter. If I don't have a choice my rights are being infringed and I am being oppressed. The same applies vice versa, that's just the way it is.

So how many kids have you adopted?

3. #23 Spliff Shady, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    Females are going to hate me for this, but if you want the baby or not murdering it is wrong. Keep your legs closed if you don't want a baby. On the other hand if she was raped I still don't believe it is the best option you could put the baby up for adoption, but I would be more understanding in that case. When it comes to me though I believe murdering animals aka euthanasia is wrong too. So yea I don't like killing.

...they can also make that choice. 

Your rights are not being infringed because it is not your body. 

At the end of the day, the only person who should have a say over what happens in my uterus is me. 

5. Then don't let other people with equal rights into your uterus? Shrug.

6. Yes for irritating wee brothers!!!

7. #27 Rainy Daze, Apr 11, 2014
    Not really I do think it's morally wrong and I think it's cheating in a way. but then again I'm not gonna protest and make it so other people can't it's completely a personal decision that nobody besides you should have a say in but there's goods and bads to it. I'm a dude if that matters at all.

Whatever decisions a woman makes leading up to a pregnancy do not diminish her right to her own body. In opposite land where men are the ones who reproduce, I'd say only the man should decide what he does with his own body. That's the end of the argument to me; your body, your choice. 

9. It's fucking ridiculous living in a country where abortion is classed as murder. If I go abroad for an abortion, I could be imprisoned.

Fuck the government and this ridiculous catholic country

get your rosaries off my ovaries

10. don't go into a woman who doesn't share your same value's? shrug.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Lol

12. #32 VapeHime, Apr 11, 2014
    I used to be "pro-life" but have since changed my mind. 
    My birth mother chose adoption over abortion, so I've obviously always been very supportive of adoption. After all, that is why I am here. 

However, I'm a very career-oriented woman. Even just being pregnant would mess up my career, let alone having to raise a child. It'd be great if we could support woman who choose adoption. It's often a difficult, lonely, drawn-out process. Could we see a reduction in abortions if pro-life people decided to adopt more instead of having their own children? What if they said, okay, we want to reduce abortions so why not make an incentive to choose adoption over abortion? What if we really help these birth mothers? Then again, I don't think I'd want my child raised by some christian fanatics. So perhaps adoption should just become a more natural option when any couple thinks about having children? Adoption is such a difficult process right now for all parties. 

Pregnancy can happen to woman who even take precautions to not get pregnant. Pregnancy changes a woman's body and mind forever. My birth mother used two forms of birth control! I don't think women should be punished if they get pregnant! Being forced to remain pregnant while trying to maintain your career is punishment. Being forced to go through the physical changes and roller coaster of hormones and emotions is punishment. Being forced to accept the dangers of pregnancy and birth is punishment. Being forced to live the rest of your life raising a child you may resent, or thinking of one out in the world with a different family is punishment. 

Does society really think woman are so awful that we can't make the decision of whether to keep a child or not ourselves? Do they feel we are evil beings who just want to rid ourselves of babies because it's the easiest option? Well we aren't. So why take the option away? Why not trust woman with their own bodies? Woman choose abortion because they feel that is the best choice for their circumstances, not because they are all evil or selfish. 

Don't tell me "Woman can just use birth control that is nearly 99% effective." Woman shouldn't be forced to take birth control just so they can avoid being force to have a child if they get pregnant. Many women cannot tolerate the side effects of birth control. Why force them on a drug that can have serious short-term and long-term side effects? I've been on several types of birth control and have finally just chosen condoms. I've got Plan B under the sink in case there is a break. All other methods completely took away my sex drive, bloated me, and fucked with my hormones so badly it was hard to even function at times. Not to mention there are dangers with all birth control, even non hormonal IUDs.

13. #33 Xenzin, Apr 11, 2014

If anyone male or female does NOT want a baby it's simple, you already said so your self. Use birth control.

No parent no matter their gender should have their rights diminished. A woman is just as responsible as a man for getting pregnant (When not raped or similar). Just because it's your body it does NOT give you the right to keep me from my unborn child regardless of gender.

I disagree. 

If there were some compromise where the woman could get the fetus removed and it could be incubated for 9 months or something, that would be great. But there's not, and I don't believe anyone should be able to force a woman to carry and deliver a child. 

15. You're entitled to your opinion, but when it comes to rights we're allegedly equal.
    No one forced either party to have intercourse, so no one party should have all the say in the matter, period.

The problem with equal rights here is that the situation is not equal. You're not equally carrying the child, you're not equally delivering it, that is all the woman, 100%. So she gets all the say in whether she wants to do that or not. 

I guess this is something we just won't ever agree on though. 

17. #37 Xenzin, Apr 11, 2014
    I guess not, because without my spunk you're never getting a baby.

Edit:
    It's not actually "my" spunk per say, but spunk from a male in general.

lol well thank god because I definitely do not want one :p 

If I got pregnant, I'd be at the abortion clinic faster than you could say "but wait, equal rights!" ;) 

19. I don't agree with abortion, if you're a girl and you get preggo you gotta deal with that shit, not just take an easy way out and take a human life. You're not just throwing a baby in the garbage can you're also physically taking another humans life away from them all because of what you want; sad. That's just my opinion though. Abortion isn't right.

To me, it's similar to refusing to give someone a kidney. Yeah, maybe they'll die if you don't do it but it's your body and your choice whether you want to do that or not.