Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Refrigerating edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sir Catbread, Apr 10, 2014.

1. I'm going to be making some fudge pretty soon, the only edibles I've made prior were firecrackers and they made my house smell dank for a few hours. I plan to start cooking around 6-7 hours before my folks get home, so cooking isn't a problem. Where I run into trouble, is refrigeration and the smell.
    1.[SUB][/SUB][SUB]Do brownies(or in this case fudge) smell distinctly like bud after they've cooled? If they do, would some tight tupperware conceal it? If all else fails I think I'll just have a friend hold onto it.[/SUB]
    [SUB]2. I'm gonna keep them stored for 2-4 days to share with some friends throughout the week. If I kept them in a cooler with some ice er something, would they stay good? I don't want my family to unwittingly eat them. My dad wouldn't mind, but my mom would flip her lid. :hide:[/SUB]

2. they'll be fine in the fridge or in a cooler in a Tupperware thing and shouldn't smell at all..

and yeah man, be careful that no one eats them.. that wouldn't be cool.

3. Thanks, that's why I'm putting them in a cooler as opposed to the fridge; I don't want my brother or mom to eat them cause I'm damn sure they'd eat it all. I'll write a warning and put it in the cooler just in case someone does find it. I'd rather my mom find out i cooked in the house than to have her have an anxiety attack.  :D

4. I can tell you one thing for sure all edibles made with cannabutter will always have a odor. I put them in the freezer for weeks at a time and as soon as they defrost they will let you know they are there. I have a couple real tight snapware containers that keep smell in and will keep the smell a long time after the edible is gone.

5. Aww! You're a good kid! :happytear:

6. Edibles can smell a little if made with strong smelling bud. Tupperware or some other container will contain the odor.  :hippie:

7. #7 bitchinbecky, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    They shouldn't have any stank once there frozen. Whenever I do edibles I use one of those machines that suck the air out and then seal it shut (the proper name is skipping my mind). Those things not only keep the smell but also keeo the freshness and quality. Customers also love the way it looks

8. Yep, so I just made my first batch of brownies and they turned out great! Since I don't have anything that would vacuum seal foods I just wrapped them up individually in plastic foil and into a sandwich ziplock bag. Then I put those into a Glad trashbag, filled it with ice and put it in a cooler in my room. The trashbag actually made my room smell good , :hello: it never smells like anything in the kitchen haha.

Thanks for the help everyone.