Gain knowledge from a 73 year old smoker

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by VTX1800, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Well thank you. At the time I was just having fun on the Governments dime.
    My friends that know my history are always telling me I should write a book, but I don't think anyone would read it.
    I'm not that good a writer. Besides anyone could write a book about any day in their life and it could be interesting, why would mine be any more interesting.

What's next,,,,, well at this point, just spending the rest of my life enjoying retirement and being with my wonderful wife.
    I still ride my bike ( motorcycle) work out, play sprots, golf, Pickle Ball, eating right and staying fit.
    If you don't stay fit, you can't enjoy the things you worked so hard for.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. #122 shaddytheman, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    I can't lie, your mature perspective on death and the cycle of life sort of evoke an emotional feeling in me, just the thought of seeing and hearing my loved ones reaching their demise deeply saddens me. Sorry if that sounded too depressing, its just that I overthink a lot about this. Thanks for the advice though.

3. If you are a religious person, and believe that people go to Heaven when they die, then you should be happy for them, that they are going to a better place where they will be with their own long lost loved ones.
    So if you are still sad, you are being sad for yourself, that you will not have them around for you to be with.
    If this is the case, I suggest you spend as much time with them now while you can.
    I know old people can be cranky and smell bad, but that's because they are in pain, or just pissed off that they not as young as they were.
    But they love the attention of younger people, and will tell you all kinds of interesting stuff about their life.

4. When did you consider yourself in your physical prime and mental prime? What years did you enjoy the most?

5. I don't think I can point to any particular time in my life that I can say "this was the prime time" physically or mentally.
    We change so much from year to year and day to day that to say " I was in my prime" when I was 22 or 25 would only mean a certain kind or type of prime. Yes when I was 20 I could go all night and not need any sleep the next day. So I guess you could say that was a prime time in my life, but was I in the best shape compared to when I was 48 and working out every day and was twice as strong as I was when I was 20. Theoretically we are in our "prime" when we are 18-20 because back in the day (10-20K) years ago) we were only suppose live to 30, so you had to get all the propagation done early.
    Now we are living much longer than we should so theoretically we should be going down hill after 25.
    I personal think I was in my physical prime at 48.

Mentally I was at my sharpest in my early 20s but at the same time, I didn't know shit.
    The shame is that by the time you learn all the things you need to know to be a great person, you are not as sharp as you would like to be able to take advantage of what you have learned.
    All that being said,, I'm the happiest right now at 73.
    Hope this answers your question.

6. Sorry I missed this one.
    I smoke almost every night.