growing autos 24/0 then 12/12, like photos .. ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smithyboi123, Apr 10, 2014.

1. I am growing 4 photoperiod strains and 2 autoflowers . I forgot I had any autos in my grow so everything was vegd for 3 weeks under 24/0. Then I put everything in 12/12 and on the first night I saw 2 plants had shown sex by the morning . I then remembered I bought 2 autos. My question is , will the yield on the autos suffer being on 12/12 for flower ? They got huge on 24/0 before they started to flower , about a foot tall with 12 nodes and many side branches , so to clarify I am not talking about 12 12 from seed which would have resulted in instant flowering and a tiny little plant . Yield not much effected or effected a lot ?or yield not effected but take longer to flower ? Thanks you stoney creatures . First auto grow so I'm new to this however been growing photos for years .

2. I have looked all over the internet for a similar thread and found nothing but I am sure other people have had same problem so replys would be useful thankyou .

3. 12/12 lighting on auto flowers will give you a much smaller yield then say 24/0 or 18/6, but it sounds like you havnt got much choice since you are running photo period flowers aswell, ive read a fair few threads of people sticking a few autos in amongst their photos to add a bit of weight to the final harvest, if you have another tent id suggest moving them there and switching to 24/0 or 18/6.

4. Alot of helpful auto growers and threads around the city. Poke around if no one hits ya rite away..... I havnt grown autos so i can not comment and can only offer a guess.... Good luck

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Good idea . I will look for someone who knows what they are doing with autos and send a message . Ty . Still , if anyone can help then please post here .

6. Will the autos not hermie or go back into veg if I move from 12/12 to 24/0?

7. #7 Kush cookies, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    Not that im aware of im only on my first auto grow, but from what ive been told and have saw light shedules will only affect the yield not the flower or anything to do with the plants sex.

Edit: hold up ill try link you the "auto infomation thread" Some smart ass blades on there!

8. Thanks for the help man I just sat down and had a few beers and looked around the internet and have decided that I will keep them in 12 12 . From what I can see , 12 12 on an auto is only bad if its from seed. If you see people do 12 12 from seed the buds themselves relative to the small small size of the plant are not much if at all different than if that same bud was on the same size branch on a bigger plant . It seems 12 12 doesn't really effect bud size but hugley effects plant structure when its doing most of its veg. For example on uk420 a person posted pics of a auto 12 12 from seed and it was just one main stem with no side branches but a huge 20+ g main cola ,and seing as my autos already have a lot of budding sites and are large then I'm hoping they will do well . I've put a reminder on my phone calender to post a picture of them once they are near done for you to see .

9. And something I forgot to mention , I've heard a lot of people say some autoflowers are true autoflowers and will flower on 24 0 but some will only flower when they have atleast some darkness such as a 20 4 cycle . I guess this is why my girls only showed sex the morning after the first dark period they had ever had . So it should have more photo traits left in the plant so 12 12 won't effect it so negatively . That's what I have read anyway . Info on the internet is so hit and miss I guess ill just have to try it

10. Less light = less yield, autos are no exception.

11. I completely agree but I can't see the yield being drastically different . Seeing as some people argue 16/8 is better than 20/4 and that's a 4 hour difference and say they see no difference , then 12 12 is 4 away from 16 so I agree the yield will b smaller but I think it will be negligable

12. You kinda agree or not at all ?? I'm just speculating . And with the size of the plant I just can't imagine it being a small yield . Then again I'm going by my experience of photos of similar size I suppose

13. And if more hours of light meant more yield then breeders would recomend 24/0 but this strain is recomended 20/4 . It is world of seeds afghan kush ryder if anyone is interested

14. Another question which more explains the way I feel is that does the simple fact that it is an autoflower mean it will yield less than if you had a photo of the same size with both under 12 12 ?

15. Any follow up on this experiment?!

16. Your losing out on the autos I run my led 24/7 and I also grow photoperiod and autoflowers since autos flower faster

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum