Eric Holder Says He Wont Go Further On Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by IrieChristian, Apr 10, 2014.

1. #2 Uncle_Meat420, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    Just more stalling. Figuring out the way he can make the most money off this.

2. Up to the states for now then... interesting.

Maybe they're waiting to see how well Uruguay can cultivate those herbs, to be used for the mainstream "medical" market.

Also remember the Prairie Plant Bill of Michigan.... upon rescheduling, national chain pharmacies will be able to sell cannabis (instead of disps and caregivers). But they have to leave current MMJ program to do so. The bill already passed and got signed, but doesn't get enacted until cannabis is rescheduled.

Perhaps CVS and Walgreens are still working out the kinks, preparing to receive cannabis sourced from Canada.

I think it's BS of course, but these delays could very well be related to the "powers that be" are still shuffling around their high profit schemes for the emerging legal markets.

3. But I thought he was the man after his memos. LOL What a bunch of suckers.

4. Whatever dude. No one thought he was going to reschedule or do really shit. But what the memos did do to some extent was allow the state's to go forward, whether you like it or not, and that is a positive. Now its up to the people of these states to not allow the governement and regulatory agencies to fuck it up.

5. His memos are only temporary fixes and Congress knows that,,the next regime can shred them and go back to square one and no marijuana business could keep it's property or profits,,,as the Congressional Research Service reported March 30th ,,it is a ripe melon waiting to be picked.

""The present and potential consequences of a CSA violation can be substantial. Cultivation or sale of marijuana on all but the smallest scale invites a five-year mandatory minimum prison term. Revenues and the property used to generate them may merely be awaiting federal collection under federal forfeiture laws.""

6. We got a clown of a politician like that up here in the great white north. Everyone's falling for his shit hook line and sinker. He's scamming votes from the stoners then when it comes time to make with the promises it'll be some bullshit story of how it's not right for the nation at this time. Politicians are the worst liars around. Never met an honest one who actually backed up their promises with actions. 

7. It reeks of 2008. Did we forget already.

8. Every once in a while, they let a half-truth slip out.

All part of the plan, says Holder. Why would he do more when they are satisfied their patents and corporate partners have all gotten closer to being aligned? Its right there in your face, folks.

9. #10 IrieChristian, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    At the end of the day, it is all a show to continue with their personal agendas. They have zero respect for those who they should be serving, WE ALL! We can see clearly the truth, problem is that most people are pro politrics and prefer to follow along rather than voice and rally. How many polls on average do you come across daily in favor of legalization? Take into account that whereas in the past we had people pushing based on their experience, today we have that PLUS scientific evidence. The thing is that at the end of the day cannabis being a cash crop with so many different uses they know that there will be hardly any pharmaceutical, law enforcement, drug enforcement, addiction treatment, political enterprises controling and generating revenue from those who are "enlightened". They will continue wanting to control us based on our choice to use what God rightfully gave us, so there you have it. So much for democracy and freedom...

10. And their plan has worked perfectly. Wait it out. Then the whole legalization movement will split, and it has, big time, between rec users, medical patients, legal growers, and the black/green market. Black market growers make up a huge majority of the medical market that are almost completely against legalization, while the general public thinks dispensaries are a joke, yet patients find them important because of access and price. This tactic worked in the 70's and is working now, IMO. The only thing preventing a complete fuckjob is the internet. Information is spreading, and fast.

11. Jury nullification goes nation wide.

12. #13 Green Wizard, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    States just need to keep legalizing. With enough states legalized, the feds won't have a stick to shake with

I am concerned about the next administration putting those "memos" through the shredder.

13. Yeah I've been concerned about that too. If our next president isn't weed friendly, there could be a crackdown and all the progress that has been made could be reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Why? What safeguards did they accomplish for anyone?
    Of course the next admin reverses course. Full on attacks on dispensaries and parsing out production licencing to their closest friends. Dems have only put a stop-gap in place to insure this potential industry does not fall to the people and so that pharma has all their bases covered for a legal landscape for their cannabis "solution."

The legalization movement you see before you IS being put on by the feds and their friends. Now what?

15. Whatever bud....you may be right on some of this shit as far medical and pharma goes, but states are going to form their own form of legalization just like they have with alcohol. Why you want people to be continued to be locked up for cannabis is beyond me....

16. Get off it and stop putting words in others' mouths. What better way to hand it all off to corporations than to stop progress at the state level too where the last hopes remain?  Think about it. Think about something. Think about it on your own and not some article telling you what to think. Got it?

17. I can think on my own just fine, thank you. I never said the states' progress is being halted, far from it. If anything I believe that is how cannabis will be legalized virtually nationwide and EVENTUALLY lead the changes to federal laws. Last time I checked, voters approved legalization, even if not perfect, bills that passed quite easily.

18. #19 BloodBooger, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    Eric Holder is hamstrung by the REPUBLICAN PARTY that would shut down sites like this, put us all in jail and make marijuana possession a capital offense. They will soon control two thirds of our federal government and federal legalization is dead until either the democrats or libertarians take overall control...but what with the Tea Party hicks out there growing, things dont look like change soon.

19. I tend to agree with those that argue that the State momentum might make it a fait accomplis so that the feds are just dragged kicking and screaming along.....seems the most probable route. The enourmous tax incentives for the States is huge.