Custom roor

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CelticSmokingCrew, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Hi every one first post.

I plan on getting a custom roor in the next few weeks and was wondering if some of you who have done this before could give me some tips?

I am going to start with a dealers cup 5mm glass witch will cost me around 220 but I want to add a crown mouth peace, flame polished logo, coloured ice notches and a sand blasted hash leaf on the side.

Any one know how much these add on's could come to or give me a ruff idea?

Also can roor make me a bowl to match the crown mouth peace ?

2. That's £220 just to be clear.

3. I'm guessing 6-700 dollars.  Basically I just looked at different customs they had on a site, 400 ish is the dealers cup and crown, flame polish, colored ice pinch might add 2-3 bills I think.  I know the selection isn't as great over in Europe but man, that's kind of a steep price tag for a 3 piece water pipe with a poked downstem.

4. Thanks mate yes it steep for a bong but I have had my hart set for ages and finally have the cash.

5. IMO you would be crazy to drop anything over $200 on a roor. That's still steep too, I think you pay for the name.

6. I paid £220 only two weeks ago for the standard 7mm roor every one thinks I am crazy but I love roor's.

I think it's one of those things ware you get it or you don't.

For those who are involved no explanation is nesasery for those who are not no explanation is possible!!

I love the qoute first time I have ever got to use it. =)

7. Be careful with roors as a lot are fake knock-offs. I would just browse brotherswithglass.com because they only sell american made glass and have good customer service. They shipped me a one footer in about 2-3 days.

8. I don't think YS sites ship glass to the uk.

And I will be getting it custom made by roor no chance of a flack my man

9. I think it's more so the fact you are wasting so much money on a roor when they refuse to evolve with the glass world. the only people I know who buy roors are people who haven't been introduced to the glass world yet

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. If by the glass world you mean all these Percs and things you guys in the states are big on then I will pass. I do have a perc bong I am just not a big fan of them.

And if I didn't have the cash to spend I wouldn't spend it so no I don't think it is a waste of money but please remember this is more than just a tube for me to smoke from. I have a thing for roor and it's not going to change.

11. #12 1Oceangrown, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    My first post too as you seem eager to love a Roor as much as they should be loved. Roor.de can do anything you want.  May I make some suggestions that would make your custom sicky?
    - 18mm everything
    - facet cut top solid color, not crown for example all white or black top with facet cut
    - colored ice pinchs
    - flame polished logo
    - one worked section (of your choice look on their website to choose)
    - sig in the middle (not left or right side), or back of the pipe.  (design a sig yourself for the artist to do, it IS YOUR custom)
    - if beaker, worked bottom color/s of your choosing
    - if straight shot get facet cut bottom not crown bottom
    - dedicate the bong to something and have an artist Ti-Pen sign your dedication
    - matching flame polished ashcatcher with matching signature of the same on your pipe
    - for your pipe get a flame polished or fully colored worked downstem diffused
    - for your AC get a flame polished or fully colored worked downstem diffused
    - 1 marble may I suggest "pure smoke culture"
    - matching bowl with your color choice but facet cut!
    - (imho let the blasted hash leaf go, above are plenty of options...in fact let me share a secret no very well known option.  "Match strike" Instead of having a hash leaf blown into your custom, ask for the match strike option - they will blast little bars on the side of the bottom of your piece which you can use to light matches with)
    - get ready to spend at least a grand for sure for just the pipe, with matching A/C and worked diffusors probably $1500 at least.  The facet cuts are expensive as well.

Cheers, I have a thing for Roor's myself I understand where you are coming from.  Look at the Roor.de website and download their PDF catalog and decide your options.  Call and order from MARC, the son of the owner of Roor Martin B.  Call Roor.de from their website, and ask MARC to skype with you.  Draw your custom on paper having all your options ready.  Have that cash ready and lots of patients, last time I talked to MARC personally myself he said about 5 month back order but that was back in feburary.  That's all the help I can give.  Good luck, this should save you time and money just getting a custom the way you want it, instead of buying a collection of multiple peices.  Get one, get everything, and be done.  This is what I would do if I had the cash for my own custom piece. 

12. I know glass blowers in la that do custom work for 100 to 150. If you're around here. I have a 9 mil straight shot no ice pinch i got for 65 custom because it's almost impossible to find real straight shots anymore.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thanks for that mate. I am finding the roor web site really hard to navigate and for some ression not all the custom options are comeing up.

Also wen you add a customisation how do you say were you want it placed or what couler ect?

Ie) say I add a sand blasted hash leaf how do I then chose to have it on the beaker or the tube?

Think your on the ball with regards to phoning. I will give them a phone when I make up my mind but I keep adding things on then saying to myself ... Mabe I should wait a extra month and add on x or I could wait two months and get y and z...

Don't get me wrong It's an enjoyable dilemma.

And I live in Glasgow in Bonnie Scotland I don't think we have any glass blowers here that could make me what I am after. Expshaly since I am after a roor =)

I understand with quality scientific and heady glass but Roors are just downstem tubes.

16. I buy and sell a lot of glass, sgw, sov, dg ect and guess what I brand I use every day??
    Roor 7mm 2ft straight pipe.

It's about taste man not what's better because it's newer. Everyone likes different styles of clothes, cars , music and whatever else so why would glass be any different?

I bought a pair of jeans the other day for $220 and the motherfuckers had 2 pockets! Now some kid told me they make jeans with 17 pockets!! 17!!
    Can't believe I got ripped :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Best option as said above op give roor a call direct and have a chat. There's not much they can't do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Grasscity Forum mobile app