Outdoor - Purple Haze, OG Kush and Silver Haze

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by EpicAhren, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I've started a grow journal on a diffirent forum but got little to no respons so I'm going to post the whole thread here and keep everyone up to date! OPINIONS APRECIATED!

I'm trying something diffirent this year, I usually grow one strain but I've chosen to grow 3 strains. Just one plant each (without room for error so to speak).

I'm from Holland so here its totally legal. I'm expecting a good summer this year.

I started germinating 3 seeds yesterday using the "just throw them in a glass of water" technique. I used to germinate on a paper towl inbetween two plates so wanted to try this one (heard good things about it).

The Kush and the Purple are doing great, got them in some fresh soil today and put them in my little ass home made grow box [​IMG] when they're big enough they'll go outside.

I started off with 2 x 20 watt spiral halogen lights but it got to hot and the tape melted.. so I replaced the tapes with screws (should have done that in the first place) and the two lights with one till I get a fan for the heat.

The drawer, for now, is for the germinating seeds but I want to put the fan in there. Nice stealthy little grow box [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm planning on putting the plants in 50 liter pots (if the landlord will let me).

Made my grow box light tight, my mom came over and didn't notice a thing [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I finally got my pics on the computer so I got some nice germination pix

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

From left to right, OG, Purp, Silver.

And here they are nice and warm

[​IMG]

The Kush and the Purple are doing great, got them in some fresh soil today and put them in my little ass home made grow box [​IMG] when they're big enough they'll go outside.

I started off with 2 x 20 watt spiral halogen lights but it got to hot and the tape melted.. so I replaced the tapes with screws (should have done that in the first place) and the two lights with one till I get a fan for the heat.

The drawer, for now, is for the germinating seeds but I want to put the fan in there. Nice stealthy little grow box [​IMG]

Day 19 and things are going well.

I've been updating the box every now and then but no dramatic changes have been made. The plants have all been growing like crazy and the silver haze has made up for lost time so it seems.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The kush is really getting tall and she seems to be growing to close to the light so I've hung the lights a little higher. The kush is going outside next week I think and then I'm starting with nutrients.

The other two I'll re-pot soon and as soon as the reach the light, they'll go outside (hopefully soon).

I'm going to rebuild my grow box to facilitate one plant because I want to try the 12/12 technique I read about. I have a friend with a spare Blueberry that I want to grow in it.

2. I was thinking about potting the plants in a simple cocosoil with perlite mixture so I can control the nutrients and really give the plants what they need individually, what do you guys think?

3. why are the pics linked to roll it up? 

4. Hi,

I started my journal on rollitup and just copied it to grasscity, should I upload them again?

But what do you think.

5. Looks good, if the one is stetching quiet a bit I would try to keep the lights nice and close. Im using cfls for my plants going outoors and I keep the lights like 2inches away max and my plants are only like 8inches tall but there little bushes, one has 8 tops. Lol

Sent from my C5215 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I've opted for a nice All mix from my local growshop and this week (or the next) they are going outside! Pics soon!

7. @[member="MIguerilla"]

The growbox they are in gets the perfect temp (25 celsius) but if I put the light any lower they start to curl from the heat

8. Here they are, I've been super busy with work so keep forgetting to make pictures so these were taken with my phone.

DSC_1466.jpg DSC_1465.jpg DSC_1464.jpg

From left to right, OG, Purple and Silver.

DSC_1467.jpg

The Purple is turning Purple [​IMG]

I might have over done the feed so they have a tiny bit of nutrient burn but I've just been giving them regular water (tap PH is 6,5. EC is 0,3).

They love being outside though and they should take off soon :3

P.s. I've topped them already, too early?

9. I hope you dont mind bending your neck

10.  turns out, they are purple due too the cold weather

11. New
    <blockquote class="">Damn its been a while. I'm posting an update tonight</blockquote>

12. damn forgot again, I'm [pposting tonight!

13. #13 EpicAhren, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    _DSC8602.JPG _DSC8603.JPG _DSC8604.JPG

From left to right. Purple, Silver and Kush. I've topped them once and am planning to put them in bigger pots.