thegardeners spot

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by gardnerthegardener, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Mix looks awesome, dude! The alfalfa won't hurt nuttin. Although the mix does sound a lil over the "2-3 cups per cf" dealio, I'm sure it'll work out fine. :D girls (and boys) are looking great too man. Everybody is real green with a nice structure :) are you still running FFOF and bottles too? Or only homemade soil?

2. Yo case, I hear you on moving soil. Sounds kinda crazy, but I wouldn't leave this stuff behind either. Lol

Thanks TJ, what up bro? I didn't even add up the total cups per cf, I was figuring 1/2 c per amendment, but went with 1 c on the kelp and I read that CC suggested 1 c on the barley meal. Guess that one put me over because i just decided to use that one recently. No mas on FFOF, only did 2 rounds with that and hated it every step if the way! Lol

3. Doin a little test upload here.
    20140817_223927_HDR~2.jpg
    Got a new phone, checking out the camera functions.

4. The chemical nightmare
    20140817_224002~2.jpg
    20140817_225554~2.jpg
    20140817_225539~2.jpg
    Not too bad for being taken right under the hps.

5. What's up dude? I hope all has been good on your end. Plants are looking good man and that Chem nightmare is looking like it's gonna be some good medicine!

Hey whats up with the barley meal as an amendment? I saw Tree mention it in the lounge as well not too long ago....but i heard it referred to as row 6 or something like that. Is this the same thing as malted barley flour? Does it bring anything in the regard to NPK? Or is it for the same process of SST?

6. What up DDD! Doin well here man, and you? All the kids are back in school today (insert me doin the happy dance) I am getting stocked to pull this chem nightmare. Its been 10 weeks, but I think the heat stunted it or something. Check the trichs yesterday and they are just cloudy. May go another week and see what she does.

I'll be honest, I made kind of a knee jerk move with the barley amendment. CC mentioned it Bluejays thread and I decided to add it since I had just picked some up. I am sure there is some nutritional value but I believe you are mostly adding those enzymes right to the soil as it cycles. I got the new soil mixed last week and it is so soft and fluffy...can't wait to get a plant in it! Hopefully some of the issues you see, or all I guess lol, will be gone. 3 weeks is a long ass time though.

7. Here are the other 3 girls.
    Sour D
    20140818_102208~2.jpg
    The other Sour D
    20140818_102227~2.jpg
    Bio D
    20140818_102218~2.jpg

8. #128 3Deez, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    I'm good man. My kids have been back in school for a few weeks now so I know exactly how you feel, lol! We're almost back into the routine. School/work, homework, dinner, bed, repeat...except I get my nightly toke in before settling down. :)

I also caught some of that in Blue's thread. Maybe that's where I saw Tree mention it. So I'm guessing that the expected result is more along the lines of a slow releasing enzyme reaction? My local market has malted barley in the organic foods aisle. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Maybe even as a top dress?

Btw, definitely diggin the sours man! Can't wait to get mine going here very soon!

9. Da clones
    20140817_224311~2.jpg
    GFBA's that really need to be tp'd. I was hoping I could get them to sex before that but I don't know. Kinda got myself in a pickle with space.
    20140817_224305~2.jpg

10. We must be the last schools to start in the country. Wtf

I think your right in the slow release, just a guess though. I couldn't find any local but it was pretty cheap to order. I got the 6 row.

Thanks on the kind words. I'm lovin them as well. That bio d has trichs forming on the bigger leaves. I'll go see if I can snap a pic.

11. See man....now ya got me thinking again, lol. My fall line up for the greenhouse keeps changing. I definitely have something diesel going in. I want the sour d so I can seed some girls...but at the same time I want to get the bio d going in also...and don't even get me started on the Heavy Duty.

Hey do you think that the bio d has a much different taste/high from regular sour d?

12. How many can you do in your green house? I want one real bad...

I wish I could answer that for you. I smelled the bio d at the dispensary where I bought the seeds. That sure reminded me of the sour d I have had. I'll let you know as soon as I have some.

13. Okay....I think that I just changed my mind again. Maybe I'll go with the bio d for the first run. Can you say "undecided like a mofo" haha!

Hey the greenhouse is a portable set up that I got for papa's day. It's got approx 4.5 ft of floor space with almost 7 ft ceiling height. I don't see them getting that tall though since I will be vegging them indoors and then shifting em outside. The change in light exposure will set them into flower no doubt about it. So ill get em started inside...if I can make room for that many plants.

14. looking great in here dude!

bio D?

is that a local thing? sounds good...

15. What up AW! Yea, I guess it's a local thing. The breeder is 303 seeds, by Denver it think. Here is their description:
    Mother\tBio-Diesel
    Father\tHigh Country Diesel
    Genetics\t[(Sensi Star Star Pheno x Sour Diesel) Denver Relief] x [Original Diesel x New York City Diesel(Soma)]
    Grow Difficulty\tModerate - Some experience recommended
    Sex/Seed Type\tRegular - Photoperiod
    Phenotype\tSativa/Indica hybrid
    Indoor Flowering Time\t65-75 days
    Germination\t92%
    Availability\t
    In Stock
    In Stock
    The coveted and award winning Bio-Diesel (Sensi Star x Sour Diesel) from Denver Relief was worked with our High Country Diesel (Original Diesel x East Coast Sour Diesel) to bring the public this elite strain in seed form. Super potent, super pungent, high yielding diesel goodness like you've never experienced before. Some phenotypes will show purple, red and black color combinations increasing the bag appeal to the top of the scale.

The smell and taste are very similar to a day at Bandimere Speedway...high octane fuel and burnt rubber dominate over light citrus and cola. A very highly recommended medicinal strain.

One of the top selling diesel strains in Colorado is now available for you to add to your garden!

Seed Awards:
    2013 Overgrow Cup Italy 2nd Place

http://www.303seeds.com/seed.php?i=1

I'll post up some individual picks. I wanted to pick your brain on my sour d's anyway.

16. @[member="augustwest"], check out these diesels. You seem you have a lot of experience with them, so what do you think?
    Bio D #1, this one is on the door side of the tent so it's kinda shaded.
    20140825_222235~2.jpg
    Sour D #1
    20140825_222225~2.jpg
    Sour D #2
    20140825_222216~2.jpg

17. Did some transplanting yesterday. Finally got a female GFBA, possibly 3 more this morning.
    Bio D clone
    20140829_091537~2.jpg
    Sour D #1 clone
    20140829_091548~2.jpg
    Sour D #2 clone
    20140829_091543~2.jpg
    GFBA female
    20140829_091555~2.jpg

Some flower shots. The Bio D is looking the best imo. The sour d #2 is a close second. Those 2 smell very similar when you squeeze a little nug and smell your fingers.
    Bio D
    20140829_091235~2.jpg
    20140829_091221~2.jpg
    Sour D #1
    20140829_091139~2.jpg
    20140829_091131~2.jpg
    Sour D #2
    20140829_091124~2.jpg
    20140829_091114~2.jpg

18. Got some perty gals in there brotha! I don't know jack about SD as I've told you before but it's easy to see why it's crossed with so many other strains. I can't wait to finally have her in my tent. B)