Does anyone have the Mars 2 LED lights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rayteck, Apr 8, 2014.

1. I want to see a grow journal using these light and someone that is well known, not someone with 2 or the posts.
    I could create a bunch of different accounts and say how great they are but only have just joined with 3 or 4 posts.

I'm playing the bullshit card till I see a well known grower or a complete start to finish journal, well documented with pic's and no supplemental lighting from CFL's or small HPS's.

2. so icemud would you recommend the mars 2 400w?

or would u recommend the reflector? or both?

4. I honestly would recommend these new LEDs I am using by intelligent gro.. They put out much more light and better spectrums than the top led lights. But if I had to only choose from top led then it would be the mars 2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I would honestly recommend the new Intelligent Gro LED's I am using, I am getting more dense buds, more penetration, better spectrum and more trichomes. Much more Umol than the Mars II lights.  I mean if you only wanted to get either the reflector or the mars II, I probably would suggest the Mars II, but overall I would reccommend the Igro panels. More advanced design and features.

6. #28 jonnathaniel, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    I'm using MarsII 400 right now. The fans are loud, but the plants love the light, much better than cfl. I'm about price/performance and low energy usage and so far this is much better than envirolite cfls I used in the past. Communication with $@ra is hard sometimes, there is a language barrier, but they DO try really hard.

Sent from my W-5000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #29 Atmo, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Hmmm, do you guys think the Intelligent-Gro Intensity Series II 135w would be a better option than the Mars II?
    My box footprint is only 1.5' x 2' - will be doing SoG, probably 3-4 plants (depending on what fits)

I know technically it has less wattage than the Mars II, but if it will outperform it I will go with this instead.

The 270w Intelligent-Gro also looks very nice.. I know might be overkill for my small box but maybe good to get that to have for future larger grows?

My only concern is that these need to be a foot or more above the canopy, and I only have like 3 1/2 feet in height for my SoG flower room - do you guys think that will be ok?

8. Compared to the Mars II 400w that is.

9. #31 ckycampmember, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    IceMud is legit. Google the username. Dude has these led grows documented on YouTube. Pretty sure he's on another forum as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I have bought and owned the mars 2 led. i bought the 1200w to ensure i would have alot of light. great light while it worked. I believe about 4  months into owning it and lights started to go out. i have had the mars for about 10 months now and basically have half a light. not suitable for growing at all. they have a 3 yr warranty to back you up... doesn't really mean anything. i have contacted them over and over again and they just told me they don't have the resources to repair/replace my light. when my first couple lights starting going out they would just send me garbage little parts and expect me to take my lights apart and do the repairs myself. im a grower, not an electrician. I am looking for a stable light, not a home project. making aeroponic systems is tiring enough without trying to repair lights and whatnot. I am serious about leds and want to prove their results as much as possible to the growers that still dont believe but still deserve savings. so far the best company i can find is blackdogled. they have a lifetime warranty, claim you can have a light as long as you want to grow and send you a loaner light when you need repairs done, if you can pay the high ticket value. if anyone can find a better led i am very open to suggestions. reliability is the biggest thing i'm looking for.

LED IS GREAT, MARS II IS TERRIBLE.

11. Lies all lies. I've had my first Mars since 11-8-2013 it's still working. Are you a Black dog sale rep?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kessil h380 is awesome but money

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. not one lie in my mars II statement. i bought mine 1-03-14. im glad the chinese leds worked for you, but they are def not cutting for me. i have had multiple light outtages. i am not a sales rep for blackdog as im looking into california lightworks as we speak. I am just a dedicated led grower that wants some durable lights. if i drop 5 bills on mars 2 and it doesnt even last me a year where is the savings of leds vs hps? isnt that the whole point of leds? lower running costs in the long run? i am all for sharing experiences but im not a liar if i recieve faulty equipment and they refuse to replace it. i hope your mars 2 lasts as long as you need it and you have a far better experience. 

14. No that's not the whole point of led. There's something called par. Spectrums. Usable light. Less water.

15. #38 m0ngoos, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    I have 2 240 blackdog panels. Use a 2x4 tent. Had them since June and 1 Of them has a few rows of diodes go out. Sent the light back yesterday. Rep said turnaround may only be 2 weeks total. We shall see but so far they are on the ball. They better be for the price. And by the way blackdog is based in boulder but still Chinese made.

16. Cofinest on YouTube uses mars lights and tests them witheters in his videos. He also grows what appears to be DANK! haha.