How can someone be both Christian and racist?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Champawattiger, Apr 8, 2014.

I think an even more confusing one is pro death penalty and pro life...just wtf??!?

You should distance yourself from that whole thing OP...that asshole could really give you problems..a record..etc

2. I have often asked pro life folks this very question, but I've never received a satisfactory answer. Go figure.

3. the answer to that is easy and obvious (and i'm not pro death plenty or pro life)...

One has wronged and is deemed a problem and needs to be taken care of...

The other is something that hasn't had a chance yet...

but once its born, its actions can land it right on death row...

There's a flaw there though is always my thought-Either you think its only God's will to give and take life or you don't...there's not both-they want to have their cake and eat it too..

5. Because religious people are notorious for extracting tiny portions of their chosen fairy tale, manipulating it in a way that suits their lifestyle or advances their interests, and forgetting the rest. For example, Christians love to quote Leviticus as justification for the hatred of gays. However, they conveniently ignore the part of Leviticus that forbids haircuts. It's all a bunch of horseshit.

6. something tells me the dad likes to spout christianity but has never read any of the bible.

7. The bible supports it, even has many many laws that are finished with stoning somone to death...

Its completely within their beliefs, but only when the actions support it, hense why an un born child is different...

8. #48 iAmBetty, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    There's also the whole forgiveness/turn the other cheek thing. You'd think as a christian someone would be more supportive of prison reform that encourages rehabilitation and betterment of offenders rather than locking them away for life, or executing them.

Also, just slightly related, solitary confinement is basically torture.

9. God gives the ultimate death penalty for his potential followers, of course christians will support it. As long as it's whites vs browns christianity vs that "other" religion, capitalism vs communism. The ball of death just keeps on rolling. As long as it looks like they're defending their faith its okay to kill whomever whenever 

10. My girl's dad is super racist toward all all races except white people. Luckily I'm white, but the things he says are just super ignorant and plain stupid.

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.