How can someone be both Christian and racist?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Champawattiger, Apr 8, 2014.

1. #21 lisamc, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    It's easy- some ignorant Christians believe the mark that god put on Cain was that he made him black. ( maybe it's already been said)
    I don't believe it or agree or even believe the first people on the planet were white. But some fools do
    I guess I should elaborate on the story- when Cain killed Abel god was not pleased so he put a mark on him so everyone would know he was a murderer who killed his brother and then threw him out of his home and land.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 leodicapario, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    indeed i stay out of churches..l.. also christ says when they get to heaven we will be judged by how we judged others only magnified by 10 fold... and that my friend is where the magic happens

edit: luke 37.. others in mark matthew dnt really feel like looking for atm..

3. Do you think it would be unfair to cut her off from friendship because of that though?

4. Yo whaaaaaaaaaat

5. No, however don't make yourself known to him as a weed smoker if you haven't so far. It'd be a very easy way for him to arrest or blackmail you.

6. If you are a true Christian you cant be both.....but because of a person being human then you can be.  Its what is in your heart but one doesn't always fallow their heart like they should.  That is why you are always asking god to forgive you of your sins.  Because your human you are going to sin!

7. Lets go ahead and label all Christians because some of them are racist.. ffs...

Just like cops right because some of them are assholes they all are.

Stoners are the same because some of them are lazy good for nothing slobs then we all are right.

It amazes me how so many folks want to point fingers and label groups based on a few people.

That makes those people no better then they are.. IMO.....

8. The same way that you can be both Christian and pro death penalty.

9. #29 Timesplasher, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014

Attached Files:

10. #30 Champawattiger, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    So I should try to fuck the racist cops daughter...?

11. Absolutely yes...twice...

12. Slavery is very prevalent in The Bible as it was a common practice of those times as it still very prevalent throughout certain areas of the world today.  If your country won a war against a proponent, the captured prisoners became slaves.  As far as slavery in the Old and New Testament according to Jewish Law, you were to free your slaves after 7 years unless the slave(s) asked to remain in servitude.  Slaves were to be treated well unlike current times.

Christianity and Slavery.  According to the teachings of Christianity (Jesus and his apostles) all persons, slave or free, were to be treated with love.Unfortunately, humans are not famous for treating others (slave or free) as they themselves would like to be treated.  As far as recism, humans are also "famous" for being racist.  Every single culture or society has rascist elements present.  Many christians as in many other religions don't know squat about what their religion requires.  How many christians do you know that have actually read the entire book cover to cover and actually study what is written?  Not many because that requires effort and we humans are famous for not putting effort into anything unless it is non-essential to our souls. 

During the times of slavery in the U.S., as an example, the christian churches in the south for the most part did not take up the obvious disgrace of slavery.  This was done because the preachers and church officials knew it would negatively effect the tithes they collected.  Hypocrisy at its finest.  Who runs and operates organized religions?  Humans who are famous for being hypocrites.

13. Its a must do.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster

15. The bible has instructions on the proper way to beat your slaves soo....seems like it goes perfect with being a racist

Doesn't the jewish book say something about it being ok to keep non-jews as slaves also?

16. Without trying to be too offensive, both fundamentalist religion and racism are born of ignorance, which is why the two are so easily connected.

17. we need more people that think like this in the world

18. I dont see it either. If you claim to be a racist and christian you are either truly one or the other IMO and it's usually racist

19. This douche i know admits to being racist and knows it's ignorant, but just doesn't care. He is a christian also, and I maintain his bigotry stems from his holy book.

I don't understand how black people can be christian, ya know, condoning slavery and all... always thought that was a bit odd

20. It wasn't about black slaves though, it was just you could own them from other nations....

The people I don't understand can be christian are women...that's part of the slavery deal (sell your daughter into slavery)...but women are treated and looked at as items to own in the bible and biblical times...

do not approach a woman on her period, a woman shall never assume authority over a man or teach, she must remain quiet...if a woman isn't a virgin when wed she may be stoned to death...

That's just a fraction of the anti-women stuff...I just don't see why any woman would wanna sign up for that