How do you control your munchies?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by wadenstoned, Apr 7, 2014.

1. well, every night that i'm stoned, ends up in me, in my bed stuffing my stomach while watching movies..
    i usually wake up the next day feeling like shit and thinking "i wish i didnt eat so much last night" but when im stoned, i get really hungry, and it actually makes me gain weight, even though i read somewhere that weed boosts ur metabolism (myth?)
    so what do you guys do to control zem munchies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Try eating healthier alternatives.

A lot of food with fiber will also make you full.

Eat a lot of fruits.

3. The thing that has worked well for me is planning what I'll have when I get the munchies. That way I'm taking the "blind drive" for food out of the equation. Then I just make sure the food I have is "more healthy" for me.

Rev. William Benjamin Jäger
    Ordained Dudeist Priest
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. i try to get super stoned right after i have dinner...that way im full as my munchies coming on, even though it doesnt slow it down, but itt does help me pork out less ahaha.

5. Control? impossible for me lmfao

6. Try to do an activity that's so engrossing you don't think about hunger. I find when i'm high and i notice i'm hungry, i concentrate more on the feeling, so i've trained myself to just think about something else. Play video games, go for a walk, just don't think about eating(avoid watching cooking networks).
    If you absolutely can't control yourself, then prepare munchies that won't make such a dent in your calorie consumption.

7. If you're just eating because you're high and bored, then the best thing IMO is to do something that distracts you and keeps you busy and interested during that time.

A videogame, reading a really cool book, drawing, writing, practicing an instrument, comics, video chatting with people, whatever it is you can think of. Just keep your hands and brain busy doing something other than stuffing your face.

Or brush your teeth really well. When your mouth feels all clean you won't want to mess it up. And it makes everything taste weird and gross anyway.

If you actually are hungry, eat and then bake, eat healthier foods like fruits and veggies that will make you feel full.

8. I dont, the only time i dont eat with munchies is when there is nothing to munch on

9. 1. vape

2. munch on healthy food

3. drink moarrrr water!!111

10. The struggle is so real with this lol. 
    I try sticking to water and fruits/nuts. I refuse to buy any "bad" munchies when I do groceries. As long as its not in my apartment it won't be a temptation.

11. Munch on fruits! I always munch on mangos, oranges, peachers, etc. They are honestly magical once your baked, very refreshing. One of my favs is apples with peanut butter topped with granola or coconut flakes.

12. I drink a protein shake I put bananas strawberrys a vanilla protein powder and it fills me up

13. Honestly when I get the munchies I look through my house like a scavenger in an apocalyptic wasteland. I search for the most healthiest and organic food my mom buys. Usually I drink a nice glass of organic tea and have a peanut butter bagel toasted.

14. 1. box of cereal
    2. big bowl (for cereal not bong)
    3. milk

works everytime. :yummy:

15. That sounds fantastic.

16. lol the only thing that's going to work is self control.