How do I get a stable oil tempetures while purging?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by bricksta, Apr 7, 2014.

1. I'm using a vac-it pro and a electric griddles at the moment but the tempetures from the griddler are very inconsistent; jumping from 105f to 200f . is their a heating element out on the market to use to keep a constant oil temp while purging bho without checking it every 30 mins.?

2. anything?

3. You need something like marble that heats up and maintains temperature on top of the griddle

. I use double boiler. I get the temp of the water a certain temp and that heats up the pyrex and my dessicator to where I like.

I dont have a vac it pro so id think maybe a silicon mat under it.

4. You just need to buy a better griddle. There is no reason for it to change 100 degrees for no reason

5. Every household electric griddle I have experienced are made to cut on &off. 

I have a presto griddle with some thick cast iron. it can hold a surface temp of  -240 +/- 10 degrees constant so it forces me to use a double boiler.

The low temps my griddle are 240 on the warm setting but it drops to around 220 when the heating element cuts off. I use the setting under warm and the temp gets to 140 +/- 10. It holds fine but If I was doing it overnight I would be worried so again I have to use the double boiler @[member="240"] degrees. Inside the dessicator it holds at 120 +/- 5 degrees.  

My griddle says 200 degrees - 400 on the dial and its funny when I set it to 200 the actual temp is 280-300 degrees.  

I have found the best choices are 

3. Thick cast iron griddle with a medium that holds temp, and a good temperature gun

2. Scientific griddle that maintains digital temperature. http://www.southwestscience.com/Hotplates_and_Stirrers.html

1. Vac Ovens on a good pump. http://www.hitechtrader.com/detail.cfm?autonumber=55516

6. I recently purchased a percision nuwave induction cooktop for this reason, as long as the vac it is made out of a material induction cooktops work with the cooktop will keep it at the exact temperature you want.

7. I just bought an induction cooktop, but my chamber is aluminum. I was thinking three different options and was wondering if anyone knows if either of these will work,

The first is to line the bottom of my chamber with magnetic material(vehicle magnet off a roll ) and place the oil on top of it.

The next is to find a steel pot to use as my chamber as long as the lid fits on it and holds an a nice seal which is sort of un likely

Lastly, they sell interface discs for about 50 bucks that you put on the cooktop and I guess it transfers energy so that you can use aluminum. Any experience in this matter or know if any of these options will work. The cooktop was only $99 and goes from 6 to 240 farenheit so I feel that this was stupid not to buy after screwing around with griddles and skillets shitty dials

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Get a steel plate to put inbetween the pot and heat element

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum