If god descended from the sky

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Heroic Dose, Apr 7, 2014.

1. if an etheral figure descended from the sky, claiming to be god in a booming voice heard around the world, raising the dead, miracles everywhere, etc.... would you believe it was god/the creator of the universe?

personally, i would not. my skepticism is too fundamental for it to be anything more than new questions to ask.

2. No, that's not how God works.

3. #3 Heroic Dose, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    its more a question for those that view god as an entity of some sort, not the universe/w.e.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'd believe it was a higher power but the creator... I believe he/she/it left us to our demise a while ago.

I'd probably say something like, "Gee whiz God how utterly cliche, glad I'm an atheist."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Could be the devil though. Devil can perform miracles too, ever seen Little Nicky?

• Like Like x 2
    absolutely not.

*And I'm not prepared to say any entity created the universe.

8. I would think that I was hallucinating, or had been given a very powerful mind drug.  I would not bow down, or worship it, in any case. 

9. I'd tell him he sucks and then thank him for this opportunity and then question whether or not I slipped a pill the last couple of hours. And then invite him over to my place.

10. id think something like that....or idk. aliens? government?

lol are we all really so skeptical raising the dead wouldnt convince a single one?

is there anything an entity could do to prove himself in anybodies eyes?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would challenge him to a smokeoff. If he is the creator, his creations shouldnt be able to best him, yes? :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  12. prolly that it was some epic penn & teller/david blaine/who the fuck ever else doin' some crazy new shit to fool everybody or some shit...

13. I'd kick him in the nuts and tell him to fuck off. He's let to much shit roll by...

• Like Like x 4
  14. #14 Boats And Hoes, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

God can transmit a sound across the earth, raise the dead, etc., without the need to be "seen" by our vain eyes.

My friend, how do you know how God works? Snoop is right, your usage of the word "god" is totally wrong when considering its etymlogical rooting within the English language. A supreme agent, which most monotheists refer to as God, is not literally equivalent with the totality of physical things and the phenomenon of the universe; accordingly, we call that the apathetic universe and not "god". Waheguru can alter the patterns of the earth by will.

• Like Like x 1
  15. But he doesn't because his will is already manifest. Every that is manifest is manifest of his will. The patterns when altered wouldn't be altered because god exists outside the realm of time. Our existence will not ever see the influence of an outside force changing our reality beyond the patterns that are already in the works.

No manifestation of the senses will reveal god to you. It reveals the power of god anr that is all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 Boats And Hoes, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014

Agreed.

"Our existence will not ever see the influence of an outside force changing our reality beyond the patterns that are already in the works." -- Yes, great point, when altered, we will not see, that is to say, sensorily-perceive, an outside or external force precipitating such a succession of events... we would just experience the succession of events. But, my point is, the mind can mentally-perceive, i.e., interally compute, that such an occurence is at the whim of the "hand" or will of Waheguru, i.e. Īśvara.

• Like Like x 3
  17. if basically what youre askin is if the proof was shown to us clear as day that there is a higher power would i believe? yes.. 

if i refused not to id be just as dumb as the people who refuse to see the logic as it stands today.. 

• Like Like x 2
  18. There is not anything that is not his will. To understand him one muat understand that nothing exists of itself. Since nothing exists of itself, then either nothing exists or one thing exists. This one thing has a way and there is no way but this one way. That way is the will of that from which all thibgs stem and take root. Percieve not through the senses and emancipate yourself from thw phenomenal world.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fuck all that nonsense 

• Like Like x 2
    The organic leaves and branches are naught without the single foundation.