Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe to vaporize coffee beans?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by James Corcoran, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Ok, so I know that this sounds like a fairly idiotic idea, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to vaporize coffee?

I looked up the caffeine vapor toxicity and it was potentially (but rarely) fatal at 40mg for an average adult.  An average 8oz cup of coffee contains around 95mg caffeine and 8oz is made from 70 coffee beans.  That gives each bean approximately 1.36mg caffeine per bean, well under the (potentially) toxic limit.

In comparison, caffeine toxicity from oral ingestion is over 10 grams for the average adult.

So I decided to crush up half a bean and vape it.  Contrary to what I've read in a few other posts, it actually tasted decently like a good cup of coffee (slightly overcooked, but barely).  Within seconds, I instantly felt the effects of caffeine around the level of around 2 drinks per hit (I only took 2 hits lol)

Honestly, I rarely drink coffee (1x/month) as I often get a caffeine headache, so I probably won't do this again.

But I was just wondering, is it safe to vape coffee beans (perhaps 1 bean?).  Thanks.

2. Uhhhh...Why not just drink it?

I mean you could try. Science starts somewhere. I highly doubt anyone on this thread put coffee beans in their vaporizer.

FOR SCIENCE

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I read on Fuckcombustion of someone doing the same. I have always been fascinated by this as well, it would be convenient not to stain your teeth and have to drink it. Just toss like 3 beans and hit it once or twice. However, the safety of it all is what worries me. It would be a wonderful excuse each morning to follow up with some bud!

4. I like this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. So I've added maybe a 1/2 of a ground up coffee bean to my vape packs a few times recently, and I've gotta say, it is really energizing, just like a cup of coffee, never seems to be too much at this amount.  It also gives the vapor a nice, coffee taste/smell, which is definitely enhanced going through a hot-water water filter/bong.  And no headaches!

The only thing I don't like about it is that it masks the fresh, outdoorsy taste of the first few bowl hits.  The caffeine is good for energy, but I prefer the straight herb taste.

6. gona give that a shot with my mflb

7. Lmao. This made me laugh a lot

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Caffeine is really bad for you so I wouldn't recommend it.

9. yeah just smoke some of that potent kush lel

10. its definitely possible...but i seriously dont think its more than placebo. and even if it isnt, pointless.

caffine has poor bioavailability when smoked/vaped. half a bean even if it was 100% available (smoked/vaped is something like 20% available iirc compared to like 95%+ oral) would be nothing. you wont feel 2mg of caffeine no matter how you take it.

it also isnt euphoric or pleasurable regardless of ROA....so why even bother?

i hear caffeine freebase can indeed be smoked with some effect (your beans arent freebase) although again, why bother?

11. If it means i dont actually have to drink the coffee then I'd do it. This thread has inspired me to have a cup though.

12. You'd probably be awake for days with the jitters 

13. Hippie highs man! Horrible!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You're probably right man, but even if it is majorly placebo, if I can have a way to keep myself awake late at night to finish my work without pissing all night long like from coffee, I'm gonna try it :p

15. Only if you have your helmet on...just sayin

16. Damn kids these days

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Why? I just don't understand