Surprisingly good iso hash

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AbusiveGrandma, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Saturday night I decided I'd try making iso hash. I've done it before but only with my grinder, but this time I did the coffee filter method

I took about .8 of some pretty good bud and grinded it up more than usual, and put it in a little container. I poured the first wash of iso in and shook it for about a minute. their was only about 2 cm of liquid in the cup, since i only used .8. Then I poured it through a coffee filter onto a plate.

It was all liquid but looked like it had kief in it. I put it under a fan and it dried in about 2 hours. I scraped up about .08 (lol) of some brown sticky oil.

I kept the same .8 of bud I used earlier and repeated that shit like 4 times dood. I ended up with about .5 of this really gooey hash oil which surprised me. I was always told it takes an ounce to make like 2 grams of bho/iso, so how the fuck did I end up with this amount of oil?
    I'm guessing its not super dank though haha
    I ended up selling most of it for 20$ so it all ended well. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396835462.665874.jpg

2. wait.... I SEE IT! It's another news headline! It reads; "Teen dies from marijuana!"

In all seriousness though, Did you make sure all the iso was out? or at least try it? Ive heard Iso can leave you feeling pretty sick! Just curious on how its done! sounds like a cool process

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah looks like you just extracted a bunch more then what you needed, chlorophyls and waxes and what not. Cant imagine how you got .5 from .8 unless there is still a ton of solvent in it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hmm. When I made iso hash, it was powdery and light brown colored, looked nothing like that.

5. he says it was multiple washes done on the same .8 of bud.. i only wash 2 times because it takes too much plant material after the 2nd wash..

6. Is there a negative in having too much plant matter? Do you lose any potency? Id rather have a dime sized amount than a pinhead amount. Assuming I smoke it all in one sesh. Just for the more mass amount of product.

7. yes lost potency due to impurities but as far as smoking what comes off a bud you might as well have just smoked the nug imo.

8. How lost potency? I know pound for pound yes of course. But individual doses. Basically what I'm asking os am I gunna lose any cbd/thc by doing a longer was or will I (what I assume) have same thc/cbd with added plant matter/waxes that are simply a filler or bulking agent no?

9. the idea is to get the thc without the plant matter... but if you dont mind it sure you can make shitty hash for yourself...

10. If its green its because of the chlorophyll if im correct?

11. well the end product should be powdery almost as fine as an unmentionable powder substance.. and yes chlorophyll is what makes the plant green but i would suspect even other plant materials got through... you dont want a gooey substance at all..

12. isn't it gooey if its hash oil

13. i was referring to this post... lost sight of what the op said...
    vvv

14. the more washes, the more impure the product will be...

best bet scenario is very high gravity solvents, and 1, maybe 2 quick washes... that will net you most purest, potent, cannabinoids, and very little impurity/plant matter.... 

quick way you can check your chemistrys........ say you use pot that's ~10 percent thc content........ 1 gram should turn into 100mg of hash (BEST CASE SCENARIO)   of course your not gonna have a perfect extraction, so this will vary.

15. You shouldve kept the first two wash results seperate from the last two though. The last two washes wont be very potent.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app