Cant lose weight..

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by whatamidoing5294, Apr 6, 2014.

1. So j need some blades help here.
    I am pretty familiarize with with weight lifting and the body, but I have a tough problem.

So for the last 6 months I've been trying to lose weight, but more specifically fat. I have two months now to drop 5% bf.

Due to injury after injury I found it almost impossible to get in exercise. I still ate right and leaned out a bit, but I want to drop the final 5% in two months.

I have my eating set, plan on running everyday, weight lifting 4 times a week and low carbs.

What else can I do that will help drastically ?? I really need help blades.

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

2. Anyone can lose weight. Its simple.

Cut your calories, workout hard to preserve muscle, do cardio. If you do all of the above and do it right it will be IMPOSSIBLE not to lose weight. If you are in a caloric deficit it is literally impossible for your body to not shed pounds.

Depending on your current bodyfat percentage losing 5% may not be a reasonable goal. At the end of the day you gotta stop worrying about how much weight your losing by which date. Thats stupid. If you want to actually look good and be healthy you need to make a lifestyle change. Not just try and lose bodyfat for summer. That won't work.

Figure out your BMR. Cut that by 500-1000 calories depending on how much willpower you have, run for 30 minutes daily (start out walking if you can't run), find a weight lifting program that is well reviewed and works all your muscle groups, stick to it so you don't lose muscle and BOOM your body will start to look better.

You gotta remember its a longterm commitment. Not a two month and done kinda thing.

There is substances that will speed up your metabolism but they aren't worth it unless you have your diet and exercise in check. If you take the drugs and don't have the rest of your program in check your weight loss will be minimal and you'll probably drop a lot of muscle.

3. It's all about calories in verse calories out, stop eating so much and do more exercise, simple.

4. I appreciate the help and all, but this is nothing new to me. My matinence is at 3,000 cals. I've cut it to around 2,000 a day and <50 carbs. High protein to preserve muscle and do cardio. My diet is in check and has been, but injury has prevented the exercise quite a bit. And no matter what I lose a tad bit of weight, lean out a bit but the fat just doesn't seem to cut.

And this is a life long thing for me lol not just two months as I made it seem. I've been lifting for 3 years, I had just set a goal and now that I'm healthy I'm trying to actually hit that goal, which isn't impossible.

I was just seeing if there was anything I was missing, etc.

And what kind of things speed up the metabolism ? Besides stuff like green tea and B vitamin. Supplementing all the vitamins and minerals I need, and drink green tea .

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

5. You claim its nothing new to you, but you're asking this question lol? Losing weight isn't hard. Its simple science. If you already know all this stuff you should be losing weight.

What is your current height, weight, bf %? 

If you are already below 15% bodyfat losing another 5% in two months may very well be impossible for you to do. Genetics play a huge role in this as well. If you cut your calories too low you'll just lose muscle and probably end up binging. Thats why its best to do it right in the first place. Like i said stop focusing on cutting 5% in two months and start focusing on eating right and exercising. If you do those two things the fat will shed.

I honestly don't feel comfortable telling you about the kind of drugs that speed up metabolism because you seem to be really impatient. Don't want you hurting yourself just because you think you have reach 5%. I'll tell you cuz its your life and i don't really care. But i'll also warn you, be careful and do it right. Research. Listen to your body. And don't hurt yourself / over exert yourself trying to make impossible deadlines. If you set unreasonable goals you'll always fail and probably won't lose any weight at all. 

6. Height- 6'
    Weight - 225
    Bf% - 17% area.

I do know this and that's why I'm asking. Because it should be happening which is what's stumping me.

7. Exercise + calorie deficit = weight loss. Nothing much to it. You're probably eating more than you think because exercise increases your appetite.

8. You are below 20 percent body fat.  If you were higher body fat then just simply adjusting your diet would would help you lose fat but now exercise is key.  

9. If you have had that fat for a long time, like 5 years plus, your body won't want to lose it. Your body wants to stay how it is. It is easy to lose some (even lots of) weight quickly, but keeping it off is tough because your body will try to return to its "normal" state. Just keep at it though and you will see the results you want over time.

10. 5% in 2 months? ... that's a little nuts.

research: pagg stack,  cla (Conjugated linoleic acid)

what are your daily meals like?

11. High protein, low carbs. One cheat day a week.

Breakfast is usually eggs and a bagel.

Lunch is a triple peanut butter sandwhich and milk

When I get home I snack on yogurt, peanut butter, or stuff like celery. Some times a combo.

After working out I eat a can of tuna with some milk.

Dinner is whatever the family has, unless it's unhealthy.

Lots of water throughout and take vitamins + minerals.

12. #12 lisamc, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    Water green tea fish
    Lots! Water with lemon and tea no sugar :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Already part of my daily routine :D

14. Good job! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Lose 15 lbs with following routine:
    -Lemon juice with mild water(Early morning)
    -Drink 8-10 glass of water
    -Cut sugar and fat from diet
    -Avoid processed food.

Some more tips here about weight loss.

16. If you aren't weighing the peanut butter, you should be. It claims a table spoon is 15 grams, but it's not

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Less than 50gs of carbs a day?!?! Dude that's definitely not enough fuck what people say you need carbs for energy if you're running everyday and working out 4 days a week. But that's my opinion. I say you almost need more carbs than protein but again that's me

What I've been doing the past few months that's helped me is intermittent fasting. I eat all my food from 2pm-8 or 9 pm. It's all good food but it's pretty much the same thing each day so I know how my body reacts to it and I've adjusted according to what I think I need.

That and drink a lot of water. You didn't mention how much you drink but it should be upwards of a gallon each day.

Everyone getting on this guy saying calories in calories out its just that easy hurrdurr well everyone isn't the same. If i just cut my calories I'll lose all kinds of weight including muscle. When I eat the same calories but only eating during that window I just lose fat. I've stayed around 165 while leaning out.

My body likes to hold onto fat it's a bitch haha

18. I am 6'4 and got super lean when i went on a raw foods diet for a few weeks. I did it to heal a knee injury, real bad inflammation and lost weight in the process. But energy was still great because i ate quality fruits veggies nuts seeds all day.

If you didn't want to lose any muscle you may still need some meat. Saturated fats for hormones. But doing quality meat + raw diet/good fats oils, plus your planned routine is your best bet to shred responsibly. Starchy carbs like bagels, bread, pasta, say goodbye until after your cut.

You know about calories etc but as far as diet this is the healthiest and fastest way to cut. All your other plans are legit, best of luck. Btw because i did it for health reasons and then to experiment, i went to vegan after doing raw and did it for about 3-4 months and went from 235 to 190. It was at that point i started eating meat again, have gone back up to 210 but still have real good definition. It's all in the diet.

19. #19 Ganja ☤, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    As long as you are on a caloric deficit you should lose weight.

20. I saw someone mentioned a lifestyle change, I agree with that. No diets, but this is how you want to live your life. Of course we all go through fluctuation but as long as you get back to it when you stray away you are set.

I'd strongly recommend a vegan or vegetarian diet and bodyweight exercises. Bodyweight exercises can be superior to weightlifting in many cases. Just look up videos on youtube for exercise examples. Look at a gymnast's physique and you will see how ripped and strong they are. Without looking huge like a bodybuilder. But their goals are also different. Bodybuilding is more of an art and gymnast moves require skill, balance, flexibility and total body strength. So if you like their body type, then incorporate their moves into your workout routine.

You will see the difference. Not only will you be working intrensic muscles, but tendons and ligaments. Its a different world than just lifting to look big.

Good thing is that you can also do most of this at home with supplemental workouts at the gym.
    Try it for a month or two and see how you feel about it. Make sure you look up what moves to do and do them properly and most of all be consistent. You will get results I bet on it.

Take the planche for instance, that move takes years to develop the strength and skill to perform. Front lever, back lever, core is something you shouldn't skip out on working.

If the moves are not enough resistance, you increase leverage and when that is no longer enough you increase the load using a weighted vest or backpack full of shit.

Diet definitely plays a huge role though. Look at Frank Medrano and see how its all possible.

Good luck and make the decision you want it and dont give up.