Need your advice on temporary light schedule for seedlings.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Hxcplayer, Apr 6, 2014.

1. #1 Hxcplayer, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Hey guys, i started 3 Autos (Green-O-Matic) and 2 Photos (Applejack & Dinafem Cheese) 6 days ago. Now i know i started them too early to plant them outside, but over here the weather is fine (22 to 28 Celsius in day time, 14 to 18 Celsius in night time).
    Since i started them too early, the only issue i'm worried about is them starting to flower. I read a post somewhere here that if you add an additional light, it will prevent the plants from flowering.

So i had an idea of keeping them on my balcony during the day (4 hours direct sunlight) and placing them back inside at night time for 3 extra hours under a kitchen light. But this is just temporary, i'm waiting for the days to get longer and the plants to grow bigger before placing them outside in nature.

Here, the sun rises at 6 AM and sets off at 7:30 PM. So my plan is to keep them outside till 7 and then place them back inside for 3 additional hours under the kitchen light.

Here are a few pics describing my indoor lighting and balcony:
    IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4381.JPG

2. 400+ views and not 1 reply?
    Thank you

3. Read up some more. The light is not adequate at all .to germ seeds they need more light then dark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Are you TRIPPIN read up and research on here that is not an adequate light at all. Be smarter read harder.

everythings but an illusion

5. Thanks for taking the time to comment, as of now 4 seeds have broke the surface. I already germ'ed them 6 days ago and all showed roots.
    I still have one more question before i put this thread to rest; would 60w cfls for each pot be adequate enough, or just "lets say" 3x 60w cfls?
    I have tried searching for similar threads and have read some outdoor grow guides, but i can't seem to find one related to my subject (Outdoor/Indoor setup).

6. I don't know much about cfls I don't use them. 1 lumen of light is usually equal to one gram of flower. That being said you're gonna need a lot of light if you want a decent yield. Read some more on lighting for cannabis. What it needs to grow there's millions of threads on here, you can even Google it.the 60 watt light might be good only until you get a stronger light.but I would put that bulb pretty close to the plant. As I read cfls don't get hot and shouldn't burn the plant.im running 400 watt for my babies.

7. look up forgot to quote

8. Yea i know a bit about lighting for indoor grows, but that's not what i want really since this is more of an outdoor grow combo-ing with temporary indoor night grow. I don't really care if it barely grows under the artificial light since it's just for 3 to 4 hours under it during night time. I just want the plants to stay in veg.
    It's gonna be getting 12 hours of sunlight during the day, the only thing i'm trying to counter is the flowering period. I just want to know if whether or not, by placing it under the light for 3 hours (total of 15 hours of light in a 24 hour cycle) will be sufficient enough to prevent it from flowering.

9. Yes but the plants might not live. And if they do they will probably be super stressed. When a plant stresses it doesn't grow to its full potential.

10. oops I did it again

11. I use 18 6 seedling thru veg. Then 12 12 for flower.