Anyone else annoyed by the people who just have kids because its their right

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Sc0pe, Apr 6, 2014.

1. A few things here.

Bad is subjective.

Genes are tied into eachother for the final.product. there is no one gene one trait. Therefore it could have undesired consequences if you remove a gene that causes a "bad" trait like agression.

Have you seen the movie serenity? Similar idea. Theu tried to remove the populations "agression" but ended up removing.all ambition and motivation. How do you know agression isnt just part of normal human motivation

Autism is a good real life example of my point. Some autistic people are insanely smart. They are capable of so much. Why remove them?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. There's a shit load of open space in the United States. I thought the whole US was conjested like the east coast untill I took a road trip out west. I don't see population control any time soon here.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ahhh.  I love the smell of eugenics in the morning!

4. So you propose a scenario similar to the opening scene of the movie 300.
    Are we to then kill paraplegic babies? Or babies born with asthma or whatever?
    Oh but you're talking of intelligence. 'Weeding out the unintelligent'. That's quite simply awful. So we just inject a sweet but dumb kid of maybe ten with cyanide and tell him "It's for the future of our race, child". I'm sorry, but this is simply too horrible an idea and I hope such an eventuality never comes to pass.

The human race has done reasonably well in it's short timespan of existence. And we did it with relatively rare atrocious culling of the sort you propose. If 'culling' must be carried out it is to the greedy selfish asshats who run the world. On a regular basis; make it like a law or something: you want to rule, okay. But toe the line or lose your right to live.
    And even that sounds a tad violent :D

5. woah again with the killing, im not saying kill them i said just ban them from procreating

6. Intelligence is a polygenic trait, so good luck with that. I'd support quality education far before I supported polluting the gene pool with someone's fallacious generalizations about which genes are more likely to produce intelligent offspring.

7. That's only a little bit better. A tiny teensy little bit :D
    A Forrest Gump having a smart kid happens quite often in the real world. If you're wondering why, look at Ï—ℯ୩ჭღϞॠഌ१'s post.
    Dat username, btw :D

8. Ken works for short. It's supposed to read KenjaminK, but I think it comes off as a bit too eccentric to read. ^_^

9. I'm automatically reading some of characters there as non-english, I think that's the problem.
    ॠ, १, à´Œ, à­© are all characters in various Indian languages and â„¯ is the base for natural logarithms :D

10. And yet if you squint and turn your head a little, you can see the English. :laughing:

11. I'm sure intelligent children have come from stupid parents. And I'm sure stupid kids have come from intelligent parents.

Once this solar system has humans on every habitable area and space ship traffic is occuring, then i will agree to over population ,

12. Well said.

Abd even once we reach a cap, population control is moraly inferior to survival of the fittest.

Murder? Eugenics? Or allow people a fighting chance at life?

13. too be smart is not just being born smart....knowledge can be learned and understood by everyone.......so is ignorance!

Humans are very slow learners.  We'll understand eventually that unchecked breeding is far more devastating to the planet than the "nuclear winter" we mythologized in our dumb dumb visions of an apocalypse....

15. The planet doesn't care, bro. It's gonna keep following it's elliptical path like a rock with OCD long before we blow each other up, fuck ourselves dead or whatever.
    Unchecked breeding is devastating to us, the creatures that live on it. Anyway, even human breeding is not unchecked. Live in a third world country and you'll see why. There are piles upon piles of dead children every day due to overcrowding, etc. Nature's method of population control. At work since the dawn of life on Earth.
    Not to mention the fact that we ourselves help by killing each other in various creative and colourful ways.

I disagree. How is using a condom morally inferior to killing a guy to free up a patch of land?
    Also, 'fittest' here would mean financially/politically most powerful.

16. A. Condoms arent population control. They are voluntary birth control. I am talking about forced population control. Things like limiting how many kids you can have or requiring a liscense to have kids.

B. It doesnt matter who you personally think is fit. The point is that allowing people to reproduce and try to survive and actually LIVE their own lives, is moraly superior to forcing them to not have kods for their own good.

Id rather be born and starve to death then not even have had a chance at life

17. #97 Al XE the Bud, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    A
    I don't think requiring a license to have kids is at all worse than allowing a drunken retard to have eighteen children and then commit various atrocities on them and the spouse.
    I know this woman who has seven children and a hardworking labourer husband. She spent every bit of money she could wring out of the poor man on illegal gambling, leaving her family to starve. He committed suicide last year. The children's fate is unknown.
    Another man who thrashes his wife, takes what money she earns and drinks it all away, leaving her and three kids to starve. He even has a girl on the side with whom he has another child. She too suffers the same treatment. Puzzles the shit outta me, but there y'are.
    Oh and by the way, he thrashed his previous wife to death due to her inability to give birth.
    These are all too common in my country and not isolated incidents, by the way.
    Those were the poor and impoverished examples. And just two out of the crap ton I know of.

I know of numerous rich couples who have in excess of five children for whom they have no time. Those children grow up to be obnoxious assholes armed with piles of cash and sometimes guns. Three friends of mine have been affected by persons such as these. One was almost shot dead, another raped and the third narrowly escaped rape with the tip of her nose bitten off.

As for limiting number of kids, that too is perfectly reasonable, provided the limit is reasonable. The one child per family rule is stupid, but a maximum limit of say five children per family sounds alright to me. Remember, we are humans, we live far longer lives than nature intends for us and must therefore be mindful of our fellow earthlings and not crowd them out.

B
    I certainly do not consider fat, greedy businessmen to be fit or even healthy. It's just a very real fact that in the corporate jungle that we have made of our world, money and politics have replaced physical ability as criteria for 'fitness' in the jungle terms.
    See answer A for why population control is better than initiating what will certainly be thoroughly hellish lives.

As for your last statement, remember that a life that has not begun is not a life to be considered at all. Is it not more fruitful to consider the welfare of existing instances of life than to fret about the non-existent ones, at the cost of the existent?

'You' did not exist before you were conceived, so your preferences were completely irrelevant at that point in time, simply because you didn't have any, due to not existing.
    Now if you're a believer in souls etc, then your soul would have merely chosen another vessel to inhabit or whatever, so your point is moot in that case too.
    No offense :D

18. #98 p42082, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  +rep I am actually really gutted we dont have it anymore cos that for sure deserved it.

I cant believe what im reading in this thread, i hope none of you ever run for leader, who made you lot God.

19. I got a really stupid idea, why dont we all start putting our efforts into our communitys and help those that need it. who puts food on the shelves, pepole, who builds your homes, people, we do it all. So why dont we do it for our own communitys in stead of the governments and corporations and letting them regulate it all. Why dont we stop letting governments hold our hands through life and nanny us.

But no its much easier to fend for ourselves and go and limit those who are less fortunate. You sit their like Kim Jon fucking Hun or whatever his name is, and tell people how to they should have their hair cut or how many kids they can have, or better still, sorry miss, theres a high chance your child will have down syndrome so we will have to terminate you baby, are you hearing yourselves.

Theres a thing on facebook, a guy who is dying of a disease and wont be with us much longer, he has the biggest smile. He posted a long message to say thank you to everyone that has been in his life cos he wont have time to do it personally and everyone on FB that sent him a good message. Then he went on to say how much he loved the short time he had and how greatful he is for it. Do you really want to take that away from people.

20. i dont believe this, im being compared to hitler because i dont want people having kids for selfish reasons

do you guys honeslty have no problem with billions of kids being born, fighting for food everyday, getting sick, and then dying sad all because 2 people just wanted to have kids

i dont see how "we should bring another life into this world because i want it"
    can justify "im cold and hungry, there isnt enough space in this creaky old shack for me to sleep and i have been sick for weeks"
    not to mention all the other shit kids are subjected to, bullying, rejection etc also put on this kid
    and then what, you might think ok thats fine when the kid grows up and finds his place, what if he never does, what if this one just struggles for a few decades then dies alone and sad
    a soul dying without happiness just because 2 people couldnt realise there wasnt enough shit to go around, how is that not worse than stopping 2 people from procreating