Two marijuana cigarettes are equal (in toxicity) to .....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MJsGirl, Apr 6, 2014.

1. #1 MJsGirl, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    ... a pack of cigarettes. States are lining up to legalize something that is going to cause them harm."

This is quote from Phil Walls, chief clinical and compliance officer with Tampa-based pharmacy benefits manager Matrix Healthcare Services.

-----------------------------

One of the many hats I wear at work is checking and sorting through the mail. I read the article from a magazine called "Risk management  -  Marijuana THE IMPLICATIONS OF LEGALIZATION FOR INSURANCE IN THE WORKPLACE

http://www.rmmagazine.com/2014/04/01/marijuana-the-implications-of-legalization-for-insurance-and-the-workplace/

Phil should of added where he received his information on his comment above in red, don't you think?

:mad:

***read the link above, the section where it says "The Straight Dope"

View attachment 137251
    View attachment 137250

LOL you'll notice that it's usually the ones aligned with private interest groups who are devoutly against rightful, open access to cannabis. IE people aligned to pharmaceuticals or the prohibition groups (DEA, "addiction" and recovery, etc) that actually receive financial gain from the lack of access to cannabis. In the case of pharmaceuticals - of course they want you to think cannabis is dangerous when inhaled/smoked/used at home, because if you use it at home and grow it yourself/local access, why would you go to the pharmacy for their 5x more expensive cannabis extract?

Silly stuff, really. This type of misinformation has been disproved years ago. You can learn volumes about a person's belief system, intelligence and true motives by watching them make such ridiculous accusations.

3. Damn. How are we all still alive, huh? Incredible.

4. #5 well highdrated, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014

which basically makes him a nobody. his opinion is about as important as that of a wal-mart compliance officer of produce department. 

maybe he should watch that cnn special by a real dr. instead? or maybe that's what people should be paying attention to. 

5. Gupta? Real doctor? Come now.... he's a pitch man.

6. Just like your a pitch man for paranoid, anti-legalization, conspiracy theorists...

yes. Gupta finished medical school... at least. at some point in time they made him read research papers, he probably had to do one of his own.

the guy quoted in the article works for some random company remotely related to medical and/or medical insurance industry .. 

8. I ab-so-lute-ly agree! I don't know who I'm more pissed at, the yellow journalist who posted this crap, her editor for allowing it or the asshole blowing smoke out his ass. Either way, It's all BS to me. I say let those who smoke decide!!!

9. Two marijuana cigarettes is equal to a great fucking time.

10. At least I read the laws. You should try it. Then you might have something to discuss.

11. #12 1Love1Life, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Yeah

12. You should listen to him guys I injects several marijuanas a day just so I can get the adrenalin to beat my wife and over the years I've acquired five cancers in my brain ,foot ,heart ,lungs ,and testicles. Sometimes I deflate and talk to my dog as well.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EkHuHkFvA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh8GbPnoqCI

13. That would be best for sure. Will this happen? Probably not. Direct comparison between marijuana and cigarettes when talking about health effects should not be. The only comparison that can be made, are the known facts: one has medicinal benefits and the other.. nothing.The law and viewpoints of those who do not understand cannabis use is/are very backwards. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. No matter how wrong they are. Or at least they think so  :p

an opinion is based on facts, not known lies...
    if they proclaim a stance and use known lies as their only reasoning...they are not telling you their opinion, they are simply spewing propaganda. :p

15. #16 dankness420, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    ''... a pack of cigarettes. States are lining up to legalize something that is going to cause them harm."

I have to add that they must own the tobacco company or something, they amount of chemicals in cigarettes is ridiculous.  Ciggs obviously cause more harm then marijuana...doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Edit :  I can get lung cancer from ciggs and cure it with pot...

Edit :  And lol so 2 joints is as bad as 25 ciggs...anyone else see the flaw in their logic.

16. I respect that others have different opinions. Even if their opinion is known lies.. I just know whats right for myself. Propaganda or not.

certainly, respect real opinions.

just don't mistake what a person says is an opinion when the person speaking knows it is a lie...that is propaganda, not opinion.

18. It's amusing how people who have never smoked weed always got some shit to say. & calling them "marijuana cigarettes" is the funniest part.

19. Understood.

Edit: I respect that people can have different viewpoints on a subject, even if it formed from filthy propaganda, lies, and illogical facts..