Electricity Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ChambaMonsta, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Ok so the carbon filter is at the bottom. The air is coming in from the bottom and exiting the top?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What if there's an air leak between the fan and the filter? You'll be blowing that stinky air all over. Best option would be to put a filter inside and an exhaust fan outside with a single ducting run of CLEAN air. Most setups are Filter>Light>Fan>Out because it's easy to exhaust your hot air and cool your light at the same time.

3. That sounds more efficient. Now I can understand why the fan needs to be that much stronger. One fan doing the job of two or vice versa

4. #24 morange, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    Yeah I've heard of the possible downfalls of blowing air through the filter, however I don't have enough space in my tent to set it up the other way, and for a few years now I've had no issue with odor or anything like that.

It's true however if you have the space <FAN<LIGHT<FILTER is better.
    EDIT: here's an example of my current grow you can see how my intake and lighting is set up.

DSCI4542.JPG

Intake is bottom left by the open flap, it's got the blue painters tape on it. There's also another in the back you can see. The cooltube is pulling air right over the bulb out the tent and out my fan and filter.

5. With my space I think I can go filter light then fan. The piping will have a lil bend in it do to the shelving in the closet. So I'm going to go filter ( close to the door ) light which is higher as well as in the middle of the room ) and the fan on the shelving above the flowering area ( the shelving only covers two feet of the flowering section so I should be able to almost pipe on an incline ) If that's the case it'll benefit me both ways. I'll only have to make one hole for exhaust with this setup right?

6. Thanks for the visual. It helps a lot to see the setup now I can fab one off of that idea

7. If need hole for duct work I wold remove door temp and hang panda tarp they make zippers for them and could cut your holes in it then put door back after

Sent from my Clear using Grasscity Forum mobile app