My first Monster Crop

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MJsGirl, Apr 6, 2014.

1. That's ridiculous! I haven't been here in a month!!!  -  Sorry...

So far this is where my 3 girls are. I started the 12/12 cycle on June 30th. I'm banned from my bedroom, where the closet it, from 8am - to - 8pm. I have to make sure everything I need is out every morning before the lights shut off. It's been tricky but I'm strict about it. It has to remain pitch black in there. Where I live it's starting to get really hot. The other day it was 90's something ... and it's only early July! 

I chose lights off starting at 8am because that's when it starts heating up (reminder, I live in my landlords remodeled-into-an-apartment- attic... and attics get hot!  and besides that, my plants are in a sealed off closet which would make it even hotter in their little area! 

I bought an A/C a few months ago so temperature hasn't been a issue. Oh, I don't have any more gnats... the dunks totally worked and you're right guerilla45, it did take a few weeks!  Thanks again B&W ;-)

2. Wow.. That month has done those babies good! Looking really nice mj!

3. White hairs already? It's only been 2 weeks this Monday...
    I didn't document enough information on my first experience with "buds blooming" to see when it started showing little white hairs. It just seems that 2 weeks is early. But hey, I'm not complaining. I was checking out other weed sites and found a little something that I liked:

The plants have grown a lot in the first weeks of the flowering period and underwent a real transformation, after which the formation of the buds began. More and more white hairs were growing and the separate little buds steadily grew inwards to form one big bud. After about five weeks of flowering, there will now be hard, crystal-rich buds on your plants. They should still be beautifully green and the buds should still be growing, even though the major part of their development has already been completed. Production of THC is now at full speed. The leaves around the buds will become increasingly sticky because of the many THC-rich resin glands that are growing.

For some reason, I like reading that. :rolleyes:

View attachment 142357
    View attachment 142358
    View attachment 142359
    View attachment 142360
    View attachment 142361
    View attachment 142362
    View attachment 142363
    View attachment 142364
    View attachment 142365
    View attachment 142366
    View attachment 142367

4. Things are indeed looking good.. Glad to see your gnat issues cleared up..

5. I'm here to post my update. I'm looking forward to next Monday, the 25th...that's when I start the harvest process per one of my many favorite GrassCity posters, Rumpleforeskin:

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

I must say, this grow has been my favorite so far. My hopes are to clone 3 more but not keep them here at my small apartment. I'm giving them to a trusty girlfriend who'll look after them. My next project is starting on those auto-flowers that I bought a while back.

I'm VERY proud of these 3 girls!!!

View attachment 144117
    View attachment 144116
    View attachment 144115
    View attachment 144114
    View attachment 144113
    View attachment 144112
    View attachment 144111
    View attachment 144110
    View attachment 144109
    View attachment 144108
    View attachment 144107
    View attachment 144106
    View attachment 144105
    View attachment 144104
    View attachment 144103
    View attachment 144102
    View attachment 144101
    View attachment 144100

6. #27 MJsGirl, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    I still have a lot of learning about growing. #1 - my lighting. You can tell the bottom portion of these 3 plants could of used more lights. I imagine if I circled the plants on the lower part, with a few cfl's, I would of had fuller buds all the way down. #2 - my trimming (or lack of) I'm still working on not being so intimidated about plucking those sun leaves!!!!

It takes a while for the footage to load (it's Quicktime)... and once it does, it's choppy and blurry at first (sorry) it wasn't until later I found the focus button....

View attachment 144120

:smoke:

7. With cfl try lst works wonders

8. I am impressed! Nice work. My friend looks to try it with his bagweed seed that is experiencing a nice grow. 

nice to see ya postin in here......how are you?

10. :wave: Hey! It's been a while  -  I come and go like the wind but I imagine I'll always come around eventually because I'll always grow, ya know!

Thanks for checkin' in on me  -  :smoke:

11. I've only read about LSTing and watched Youtube videos but never confident enough to do it. Hell, I have a hard time just pulling off the spare leaves. I'd like to try it some day when I get more experience (and more room!) :smoke:

12. Lst will maximize your grow space keeps the plants smaller

13. #35 MJsGirl, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    View attachment 144265 plant 1
    View attachment 144266 plant 1
    View attachment 144267 plant 1
    View attachment 144268 plant 1
    View attachment 144269 plant 1
    View attachment 144270 plant 1
    View attachment 144271 plant 2
    View attachment 144272 plant 3
    View attachment 144273 plant 3

I'm posting these images because I've been noticing, on one plant specifically, the base still has bud growth... that far down - the other plant doesn't have or look anything like this and the 3rd plant is totally different. All three clones, from one plant! Go figure!  :smoking:

14. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2179604
    11 bucks at the shack.. I take several tiny snips from the different parts of the plant and go inside to the table for inspection.. Average the look of them
    I harvest at about 15% amber..
    I usually strip off all that really low stuff as even outside it'll never amount to much for me..

15. \tIlluminated Microscope!!! 
    I don't have one of those and I'm hoping the Radio Shack near me has one!  - we shall see tomorrow!

Perfect..... Thank you! ((((B&W)))
    :smoke:

16. #40 MJsGirl, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014