Small Budget grow.FEM DP Blue velvet.250w Cfl

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by organic123, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Update. here are some pictures from yesterday , the 22/4. she is fattening up really nice and i think she has about 3 weeks to go maybe. sorry for the quality of the pics, its from my phone, its crap.. they are very crystally but hard to see in the pictures, the buds are really really solid, like rock hard

Attached Files:

2. here a little tiny plant i keep in the background, it havent got so much attention from me cause i didnt want it first but i didnt wanna kill it either so i squeezed her in the back. shes very small but pack a hell alot of resin man, like snow.. wish i had my camera here to take good pictures

Attached Files:

3. as you maybe can see in the pics, shes a little bit heat stressed but not much, its my fan behaving weird, after its been on for a while it seems to slow down for some reason, like its getting tired or something and then it doesnt cool so good, gonna move her down a bit from the light till she recovered a bit, im also getting a dehumidifier to run the last 2-3 weeks

4. Today i gave her her first dose of organic blackstrap molasses along with nutes as usual. she has hade a quite low odour until a couple a days ago, now she starting to kick out an amazing smell, really strong and pungent, very sativa, I think its 50/50 ind/sat but she grows like a indica for sure

5. bought a camera today in the pawnshop.. 12 euro! not the best, just 6mpxl but it works, heres some pics from today, gonna try tomorrow to take some pics in daylight to get rid of orange light in the pictures.

Attached Files:

6. Thanks mate, how your grow going friendlytoker? Looked good last time i stopped by :)

7. Is there anyone else here who have grown blue velvet before? Its from dutch passion

8. The grow is going well. Just got into day 56 as of today. So I'm about near the end of this cycle. Though i do have a Tangerine Dream thats about 30 days behind the rest, but thats all good in my book. just means ill have more ready to go whenever this batch runs out. All of them look so good for their size too. I wish I had some photos to accompany this post. Ill get some though very soon. I think the plants I'm most proud of are my White Widow, and 2 of my Ice Grapefruits. I have 6 IG in total, but 2 of them are just like damn...

Other than that, working on my mother plants. Took clones awhile back of Mendocino Purps, IG, White Widow(x2) and MK Ultra(x2), And they are roughly a foot or so tall at this point. I've been super cropping them and just topped each of them over this last weekend. All have already started their new shoots from the topping.  

Clones, there's clones too. 5 Tangerine dream clones... wait... 6 tangerine dreams. And seeds! 3 Mystery seeds1 OG green Lantern7 Nebula x White Russian6 Nebula, and 5 Cinderella 99 x Blackberry. Tried to bold and color that so it was a little easier to read the list. That makes roughly... 6 fresh clones and 20 some odd possible spouts. All that is currently sitting in a Humidor Dome at roughly 90% humidity and will continue to do so for roughly 1 week. The seeds were soaked for a few hours and then put into rooting cubes, Been checking on them daily, but no change has occured in the last 2 days. I figure, I have about a 40% chance that half of them will pop. Some of them were small, or old, it was more about getting a variety of plants to choose and grow and clone. Oh, almost forgot, i also have a well rooted Chocolate Kush clone thats looking really lovely. She's in an air pot which naturally "air trims" roots and since it dries out just about every 3 days, your plant gets a lot of oxygen to its roots. Really nifty design and works great if you dont mind upping your watering schedule by a good bit.

Like i said, ill try to get as many "quality" photos as i can.

9. Wow that sound wicked, love to be busy with lots of plants, only got one now so its not so much work but still i can get stuck in there for 1 hour or so hehe.. Sounds like you gonna have a nice variety of medicine ina while. Yes ive heard about the airpots, i actualy drill about 500 small holes in my pots, i water every 2 - 3 days now as they get really dry just after 3 days. I think my plant is going for the final swell soon as most of the hairs was brown but now alot of new ones coming pushing thru,im still waiting on my magnifyer to come i ordered to see how the thricomes are doing, ill think im gonna continue the nutes for about 7 days then flush for 10 days then dry out completely,36h darkness

10. Sounds like a legitimate game plan to follow. I have never used a magnifier myself to scope out the trichomes. I usually just go by time passed, how the buds smell and look. I know trichomes studying can really make a difference on the effect your going for, but I feel comfortable with how I'm doing it. When i start getting bigger into it and what not, im sure ill invest in a little loop or scope or what have you. Im only growing so many plants because I have people looking for them. People are already putting in orders for plants that haven't even been sprouted yet lol. Plus ive had all these seeds forever and figured it was time to fdo something with them. If even 5 of them pop, ill be happy. My cloning % is way better than my sprouting %

The chocolate Kush was a gift, same as the Tangerine Dream, and both came in airpots, only reason i have them. I like bags myself. Or rather "smart Pots" fabric and stuff. Still allows for air trimming, but i feel holds water better. I plan on getting about 50- 60 new bags here soon when my funds come in for this weeks paycheck.

Im really hoping that i make bank at Summer Camp Music Festival, selling my prints and what not, anything to fund the continuation of my favorite hobby ever!

11. yes i also go with how long they been flowering and look and so, but i also looking on the crystals just cause i dont wanna harvest to early, i like it mature, i like a heavy stone, but i enjoy a mix of both up and down but i really love the hard hitting indicas couchlock effect, even though ive heard thate blue velvet smokes like a sativa. but anyway i love them all, but when i have weed thats quite light up high i tend to wanna smoke much more so it feels like its not lasting for so long, cuz i only grow to smoke so i want something in between..ive got one more seed of blue velvet might plant it when this one is done, or do you have a tip on a high yielding early finnishing photo strain? not to tall though.

12. #33 organic123, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    some more pics from today, in the future i will invest in a good camera for sure..

Attached Files:

13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7MFnlA3JUw

14. As far as that goes, I'm not really sure. I know my Iced Grapefruit finishes just at 60 days, or 60-65 which is still on the early side of photo's. Or normal... I cant tell. I think for photo's 55-65 days is about average. What you can do to continually maximize your grow rooms potential is get yourself into a "Staggered Crop" or "Perpetual Grow" system. All you need to do is space out the time at which you put your plants into flower. Start with 1 plant, wait two weeks, put in another plant, wait 2-3 more weeks, put in another plant or two. Just keep spacing it out by a couple weeks and you will literally be harvesting every week so long as you always put in a new plant for those you take out. This is the plan i want to follow for my next grow, even more so now that i have the room for a larger grow. You will also want to create a quality mother plant, so choose wisely on that one. Pick a lady that shows very strong growth characteristics, preferably one you have worked with before. Veg her for a month, train her like a mofo, that means tons of super cropping, tying down, and topping. Get the thickest bush of bushes that you can with her and then clone clone clone. Just make sure to let her recover before the next big clone take.

15. #36 organic123, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    yes true i have always wanted to do that, but i cant now cause i only have 1 grow box and have to grow it stealth, maybe in the future i will make a grow box just for veg, ive just started to grow again, its a few years ago i did it last, i started to grow again cause i was tired of buying weed all the time..

16. arnt we all though =]

17. some pictures from today, i can see purple and blue colours appearing

Attached Files:

18. crystally

Attached Files:

19. flushed her today