What happens when you get really high?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by MotleySabbath, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Share your stories :). I'm new to smoking so I need some tips and stuff. And is it rare to vomit while smoking weed. I ask alot of questions. Thanks for the answering brothers

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Death

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If I get REALLY high my legs start to twitch. xD

4. #4 Storm Crow, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Most folks just go to sleep and wake up hungry!

The vomiting you are referring to is called "cannabinoid hyperemesis" (CH). It is fairly rare- in over 45 years of toking, I have never had it happen, nor do I know anyone personally that has had it happen. I read a couple posts a year about it happening, and PubMed has a bunch of studies on CH, so it IS real!  The cure is to cut back on your use of cannabis. The temporary fix for the nausea is to take a HOT bath!

Here is what happens with CH is that you are really overdoing it. The usual way for an animal to ingest cannabinoids is to eat them, and the way to deal with an overdose of an eaten substance is to vomit it up!  (Our "animal body" doesn't get the idea of smoking.)

So why does a hot bath get rid of the nausea? Cannabinoids are anti-inflammatory drugs. Both the phytocannabinoids from plants (THC, CBD) and the endocannabinoids (anandamide and 2-AG) that your body makes reduce inflammation.  So your skin gets red and inflamed from the hot water in the bath. Cannabinoids are rushed to the skin to soothe it and get bound to cannabinoid receptors. This takes them out of circulation, and the overdose goes away.  Here's some of the most recent info-

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome   (#4)       (full – 2013) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3847982/

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome with extreme hydrophilia      (link to PDF – 2013) http://www.dovepress.com/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-with-extreme-hydrophilia-a14072

Compulsive showering and marijuana use - the cannabis hyperemisis syndrome.
    (abst – 2013)      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23997851

Cannabinoid Hyper-emesis Syndrome: An Enigma.           (abst – 2013)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24379506

Marijuana, Real or Fake, Can Lead to Unusual Gastro Problem       (news – 2013)
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=164227

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome: An Emerging Drug-Induced Disease.
    (abst – 2014)            http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24413371

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome: A Case Report and Review of Pathophysiology.
    (abst – 2014)             http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24667219

A  second way to start throwing up is just plain old nerves! You just psyche yourself into getting sick! Noobs are the ones who get sick this way. Happened with a boyfriend of mine. He was always rather high-strung, and when he tried pot, he took 2 puffs and ran to the bathroom!  Said he thought he'd stick to liquor from then on.

He died a few years back. I do genealogy and have access to the Social Security Death Index. About once a year or so, I (morbidly) run the names of "lost" friends. I wonder if it was the booze or tobacco that got him? He smoked tobacco heavily even as a teen.

Since you are new to cannabis, I would like to help you educate yourself about it! I have a HUGE collection of medical studies and news articles about the studies. those links above are from the "Cannabinoid hyperemesis" section. You can learn just about everything related to cannabis by just skimming on through the titles until you find what you want- except for how to grow, and this year I have even included a section on Cultivation. It is not a grow guide, but it has interesting stuff that growers may appreciate.

To get your free PDF of "Granny Storm Crow's List", just PM me your email address, or you can check out the bottom of my sig for my email address. It can answer a lot of your questions!

Granny

5. I know someone who got really sick but idk what it was. But it was a rare sickness from smoking and he told me his esophagus started to bleed somehow and he started coughin up blood. He was rushed to the emergency room in an ambulance and they had to do some kinda not surgery but somethig like it I think on him that costed a lot of money. But since he was the first person in that hospital that had this happen they didn't make him pay. So now he only smokes like not even a dime cause he's scared to get it again but he like would smoke like half a J or I think 1-3 hits on a blunt ad be high since he doesn't smoke a lot anymore.

But other than that usually just sleep, munchies and/or you become super idiotic if you get really high XD

6. weed is to relax you and take away all stress and just chill. You can't be afraid or paranoid about getting high if ou wana get high haha.. I'm just saying mon don't worry about it. Get some munchy food, grab a movie or some video games(or go do stuffs outside) and hve fun bein high XD oh and also if you feel paranoid at all(some people do) it's just a lot of people that get high get paranoid like I'm in New York so it's illegal up here so if I smoke and wana go do something in public I used to get really paranoid haha

7. you feel really tired then you have to make a choice between going to sleep and finding a snack to eat.

8. Thanks guys Yall are the best haha.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. One story: I worked as a custodian so I was the only one in the building. I just recently purchased a special cookie too. Now I was new to the concept of edibles, so me being a dumb ass ate half of it, and Half an hour later when I still wasn't feeling high, ate the rest. What ensued can only be described as an out of body experience. I was fucking flying around the classroom I was cleaning and could see sound waves bouncing everywhere. All I remember after that was waking up in a puddle of sweat and feeling nauseous. So I rolled down the street to my house laying on my longboard, and once there, crawled inside and proceeded to hurl. I've never had an edible since.

10. I just sit there while my face is pulsating and wait til I come down a little.

11. Well if you inject at least five marijuanas a day you can get the sudden urge to kill people and you may even overdose.

12. Does anybody else get high and hit a point at which you just can't get higher? I feel like when I smoke I keep going until I hit that point. I've tried to get "higher" but it doesn't work.

Rev. William Benjamin Jäger
    Ordained Dudeist Priest

13. Edibles deem to be the only way to "overdo(se)" it. There's a huge difference between baked off some bowls and having tunnel vision, unable to move/walk, barely able to talk, etc

I've only had the 2nd set of symptoms when I ate like 10+ homemade cookies at once.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Only just woke up from being really really high. I started getting paranoid a bee was going to sting me and I was trying to dodge it. Then I thought my parents would have found out that I am high because I was at the point of collapsing to sleep, and it was only 5pm.

15. When I get super high, I close my eyes and lean back, and I get what I call "The Heart Attack High".  It feels like a surge of energy is going from my body to my head.  That's when I know i'm good and baked

16. I get a little dizzy if I smoke way too much, but that almost never happens except for the first smoke after a t-break if I forget to pace myself.  Only time I've really felt sick was my first time, but I was so high that it was as intense as a 3 letter unmentionable, so it was just self-induced from freaking out and thinking I'd never come down.  Now I never wanna come down  :smoking:

17. I just saw my friend milk a bong and then got sick and puked like she had been drinking all night. Blew my fucking mind

18. #18 smokeE, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Last year, so this was after a Friday of smoking when I hadn't smoked in a month. Friday I was fine but on Wednesday I smoked two nice blunts of blue dream really potent shit during lunch at school and I was really dry mouth and jumpy as my tolerance was very low. Then I got robbed for $25 from people I was smoking with I believe. Being sad I went on the school bus and went home after being at my friends house a little bit and my eyes were fucking red as hell and I went on my bed practically dying because I can't go downstairs my parents know I'm high and I'm dry mouth.

Guess what my mom comes in asking if I'm high an I told her no I just don't feel so good but she told me I had a barbershop appointment and so we went mind you I still didn't get a drink so I was in the chair and this was during winter it was cold as fuck but I was in the barber chair sweating my ass off and my barber gets a wet rag to wipe the sweat and I'm finally done and I get a drink from his machine and my mom was like what is wrong with you when we were about to get in the car and I told her I didn't eat lunch and the most ironic thing happens...

I fucking puked on the sidewalk for like 10 seconds paused and breathed heavily an puke for like 10 more seconds basically crying and my mom was like I thought you didn't eat and I'm like... Well fck

I went home passed out for 2 hours woke up confused and ate some food I swear when I was throwing up I lost all of my high and the whole time I was thinking no matter how bad it gets I can't die from weed.

I typed this on my iphone sorry for Long ass sentences and I'm just waking up from passing out on the couch after smoking a dub a couple of hours before

19. I have had this happen once, but to be honest I felt really crap after I smoked the weed and I felt like I was going to die.
    The guy I bought it off I had never bought off before and I didnt really trust that much, I honestly think it was laced or something.
    I have smoked for lets just say 10+ years and have never had an experience anything like it before, it was the worst high I have ever had, and if I had never smoked before then I probably would have never smoked again.

20. The one guaranteed thing to make me vomit when smoking weed is to drink alcohol. It's an automatic. Which is fine with me now because I don't care to drink anyway. Is much rather smoke weed than drink ANYTIME. I'm not even talking getting drunk. 1 beer or a couple cocktails while toking will do it

Rev. William Benjamin Jäger
    Ordained Dudeist Priest