omnipotence/pre-destination vs. free-will/hell.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by idkwatimdoin23, Apr 6, 2014.

1. One thing I don't get about Christians.

They believe that God is omnipotent or omni-present, but at the same time we have free-will and you can go to hell for choosing the wrong path.  I believe in pre-destination as a way of acceptance, but omnipotence through a deity just takes pre-destination to a whole nother level.  Yes we do definitely have free-will but an omnipotent/omnipresent god creates criminals just as he/she creates saints.  idk it seems like a walking contradiction to me.

im not gonna say whether im atheist, agnostic, religious or whatnot. 

i just think hell and omnipotence contradict each other.

i do believe that your destiny cannot be changed though.  100 years from now has already been determined, so we should use that as a way of accepting people to understand that your genetics, environment, and patterns in life shape everything.  your thoughts?  what is the christian response to this?  obviously we shouldn't be like "OH HAIL RAPIST, BECAUSE OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD MADE YOU A RAPIST" but....i'm not even sure.

inb4 "thats proof there is no god", i dont wanna hear that, that's not what this threads about....its about the christian response to omnipotence/pre-destination vs. free-will/hell.  it seems christians believe in both.  i have some more thoughts on this subject but waiting to hear responses first.

2. God is like working in mysterious ways.

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. We don't have Free Will. We are Free moral agents which means we are Free to do those things that are within the scope of our nature and power but we do NOT have Free Will.

You can jump off a building. You are free to make that decision. It is within the scope of your power and nature. Once you jump though, another law takes over, the law of gravity. Your will is NOT more powerful than the law of gravity and you are NOT free to just stop falling.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. very true. This is kind of how I believe. But this is not what Christians believe if they believe in hell. Hell is only possible with absolute freewill Imo.

5. If everything in life is predetermined, freewill doesn't exist because its set to happen, you have no choice in it.

6. It's your choice to do what you want yes you do have free will, God just knows what choices you will make.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum