Its about to be rescheduled? FUCK YEAH

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Old School Smoker, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Some are currently used as medical applications but we aren't allowed to discuss.

2. Everyone on the DEA eats ass, its a known fact

3. #23 00Hassel, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    Lol!

I want them to show me evidence that it's dangerous!

The DEA is fighting a losing battle. The powers behind the pharmaceutical complex and financiers are also behind the DEA ultimately. These powers decided they want in on the market, legally. Because it's happening regardless now, the people still vote and when issues take majority they have to be heard.

The DEA will be fighting for the scraps left over. They're fighting for their livelihood because mj is huge profits. But ultimately their powers will tell them tuff loss, it's here to stay for profits.

And IMO it's all spelled out in the patents and acquisitions having occurred in recent times. For starters no one can credibly claim there are no approved medical uses. All these corps have been patenting them! Plus mj companies have been partnering with biotech companies lately.

See the Michigan prairie plant bill, Uruguay connection to George soros group, Diego pellicer sourcing from Mexico for nation wide recreational products, GW pharma finishing up FDA trials for sativex in USA, etc. It all points to one thing:

The people said they want legal cannabis. The gov and corp elite said ok, but wait a min while we wrap ourselves around the majority of the market. Big pharma wouldn't d stand for losing billions to local caregivers. For these reasons and more i think the DEA is out of luck on this one. The big players decided they're in, it's happening just a question of who will be controlling and profiting different market sectors.

4. Like someone else mentioned...I'll believe it when I see it.

It's exciting being able to witness the changing of the winds though. Witnessing rec weed in CO and WA is special enough as it is. We are clearly heading in the right direction. We are a part of history. We are a part of all of this.

5. #25 skinny ninja, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    The title of this thread is so damn misleading. Nothing has changed and it's not about to either.
    All it means is they'll consider it if Congress has a majority agree on lowering it from Schedule 1, which yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

6. Just making congress be the bad guys that said no.

7. I don't understand. Who are "they"? Once congress has a majority agreement, and the people are demanding it, then by constutional law, they (congress) have to legalize it.

8. The government holds a patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants. You would think that's evidence alone. Patent 6630507

9. Surprisingly, even here, people are not always aware of this. Imagine the general populous.
    I have no idea why anyone bothers arguing about raw cannabis being legalized when NOTHING is pointing in that direction.

10. You gotta make sure you read it thoroughly, rescheduling it will only make things harder at this point, State level Marijuana reform has already advanced so far that rescheduling it would be a set back, and it would put stricter limitations on access to medical, as well as obtaining medical marijuana cards. What would really set everything into motion would be removing marijuana from the CSA entirely.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. So, out of spite, the feds would control it completely, therefore they control the revenue it generates. Is that what you are saying?

12. Spite, fear, ignorance, greed. Take your pick. Though until something is done on a federal level, the DEA is going to keep picking on dispensaries. The head of the DEA is apart of the Obama Administration, so I don't see it going past rescheduling, personally.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #33 Old School Smoker, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    That's another point: They can re-classify it, but still make it illegal to sell beyond big pharm like dexdadrine or demmorral? They have that power. They can put a million restrictions on it. We would be better off fighting for it on a recreational level in California. State laws are better than federal laws.

14. #34 Galaxy420, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    a plant ( mother nature) will never be recommended by a government. the problem is they have their claws in cannabis and they cannot just let go. there will be damage from how tight the claws are and when/if they let go the tears will need mending for years and years. I do not know how many plants grow in nature but the fact that the government has its sights on this one plant cannot be good and the fact that government is anti nature says it all.

just think if the gov suddenly announces world wide- hey yall cannabis when taken in a healthy way helps with almost every ailment for your human body. have at it we recommend you be healthy and free of dis ease and suffering and want you to be happy and healthy. this plant can do that for you and so much more, nature is the best medicine.

after that announcement the entire man made synthetic drug lab complex would be in dire straits and in need of nature to come in and take over

we have given over our health to an anti nature establishment when nature ( naturally occurring stuff that happens regardless of man)  is really all there is on this planet. we are nature and evolve and grow as per our environment and have evolved grown as per our environment since the beginning of environments etc...

15. If I'm not mistaken after rescheduling it can be then brought under FDA control. I work in health and deal with nutrition, lots of plant based vitamins etc. The FDA and FTC regulations are slanted to the benefit of big pharma, to say the least. "only a drug can treat prevent or cure a disease. "

So, among plants and herbs, many do have pharmacological properties and are the basis of many drugs. But the plant cannot be prescribed by the doc (on the USA) only the drug. This is for patents and profits, clearly, not safety or efficacy.
    Cannabis is unique because it is a botanical, like herbs. But it's classified as a drug- while the other herbs are a "food" according to FDA.

Potentially raw cannabis will be classified as a food, therefore cannot treat prevent or cure any disease. This opens the door for recreation and Marlboro green type markets nation wide.

Meanwhile, under the FDA control, they only show "approved"medical support for GW pharma type products. Pharma grade extracts. Which is a BS statement to anyone who knows better.

It's really all speculation. We know what has already happened - two states legalize, Uruguay legalized full steam and soros et al are laying groundwork to go large scale, Diego pellicer is laying groundwork for nation wide recreational products sourced from Mexico, etc etc.

The GW FDA trials are about done i believe. The prairie plant bill of Michigan passed, is signed and sealed and can only be activated upon rescheduling.

If we were all sitting around having beers, smoking js and making dollar bets... My wager is that the biggest corporate elite decided they want in and on national scale with the rest of their companies.

It's coming just a matter of how concerned the people will be to conserve our right to grow, to share, disps caregivers etc.

16. Hello, maybe some of you can help with this, I am a new MMP, I learned in Jan 14 that marijuana relieves my disabling chronic back pain, now I got a neighbor asking questions, he's got issues too, I'm thinking I'm gonna share what helps me with him and see what happens, I'm sure they've smelled it thus creating the questions but I could deny and say no. I don't think that's right. Thanks, Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Distracts you with the left hand, smacks ya with the right!

18. Why believe any administrations?

19. #39 skinny ninja, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014

By "they" i'm referring to the Obama Administration (ya know, who the article is about).
    Yes, Congress could take marijuana off Schedule I with a majority agreement, but lets be honest that is very likely not going to happen. At least not in the near future. Too many conservative states that still don't believe or recognize the medical value it can have, mostly because of poorly structured medical states that give it a bad image. 

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think politicians have to do anything simply because people demand it. When Obama was running for re-election, he had a section on his page where you could ask questions and the ones with the most likes would be addressed during the debates. Marijuana legalization/decriminalization was one of the top ten constantly, and it was never even addressed once.
    The attorney general could change the law today if he wanted to. This whole article is just a big spin on avoiding the question.
    Not trying to burst your bubble buddy, but you got my hopes up with the misleading title only to bring them down with the article.

20. I'll believe it when i see it tbh. Too many times have stories like this come up and nothing comes of it..