Its about to be rescheduled? FUCK YEAH

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Old School Smoker, Apr 6, 2014.

1. It is my personal opinion that it should be legal with no restrictions. grow it like a tomato plant, sell it like one, buy plants/seeds at the garden store.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Its finally happening :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  3. I want my stupid felony gone for having leaves I was gonna "sell"..Im sure i can get it expunged anyways since its my only offense but this would def help

• Like Like x 3
  4. I think it's bullshit, obama isn't gonna do jack shit, just more lies like usual.

• Like Like x 7
  5. i hope it gets rescheduled at least to having medicinal properties.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I will believe it when I see it, probably will take years to accomplish and by then, new government.  Hope for the best!

• Like Like x 8
  7. Hmmm... you have a point. I did not think about that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thats what makes me mad.  It was classified as a schedule 1 without any research.  Its still a schedule 1 drug which prevents it from being properly researched.  Fuckit, its up to us the people to yell out that YES there is medicinal properties and YES the government was wrong in making it illegal.

• Like Like x 5
  9. It's ironic that a lot of the scheduled 1 drugs have the potential for medical use.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Rescheduling also means that the prairie plant bill of Michigan gets enacted - cannabis grown from Canada, sold at national chain pharmacies, prescribed from the hospital doctor. (intent to push caregivers and dispensaries away)

11. I'll believe it when I see it. I don't believe anything that the Obama administration says without proof...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Actions speaker stronger than words, but glad that they came to a compromise. Still, it shouldn't been classified as schedule 1 in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seems like an olive branch for political reasons right now.   Off year elections usually support the Republicans on voter turn out.  However this year with so many states having something in the works it could turn out to be in the favor of the Democrats. 
    Since the Attorney General can reschedule without Congress, why bring them into the conversation?   Something else is in the back story. 
    I'm hoping it will be rescheduled at the end of the term with the last gasp "fuck you  I'm outta here".

14. Schedule change still allows the drug war to carry on. Next step to moving it all to pharma. And since pharma totally has its hooks in CONgress, yeah, Holder needs more than signing his name to change the schedule. That is how the laws are supposed to work, but we know how our laws and reality differ greatly.

• Like Like x 2
  15. True, the pharmaceutical companies will shell out many millions to keep this illegal, and so will tobacco and even alcohol companies. And who knows, pharmaceutical's connection to the healthcare systems can make it more difficult for you to get health care if you smoke weed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not more difficult, more expensive. Don't lose sight of their profit goal in everything they do.
    A young person with no preexisting health conditions who smokes weed is an insurance executive's wet dream about now. Highest profit customer in good health with few claims who you can charge through the roof for being a "smoker" or "drug user." And the Affordable Care Act will make us all pay for the testing. You can see how the "Affordable Care Act" was written by the insurance industry in such instances.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I've been doing some research on those drugs, and its a shame that the government would replace natural medicine of all kinds with their nasty drugs... and then taboo nature! :angry:

18. It's called eliminating the competition.

• Like Like x 3
  19. The DEA said they will fight this thing to the bitter end and that they need "more proof and evidence" that cannabis is safe. They said they are "even more inspired to fight this now than ever". It's gonna be a nasty battle