outdoor East Coast 2014

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by cheenkeyed, Apr 6, 2014.

1. #1 cheenkeyed, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    I have purchased 3 speed+Auto and 1 think different seed from attitude seed bank. Relying that the seeds get here I will be planting outdoor in a few days. Since this is not my first grow I don't have many questions except should i plant the sprouts directly into the pots outdoors, or should i try and grow inside for like a week and then transplant outside? 

any advice will help i will post pictures when the planting begins.

2. I'd grow indoors for the first couple weeks then plant them at your grow spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Depending where you are on the east coast, you will need to bring them in on those cold nights that are still bound to come.  In the mid Atlantic states, it's really not safe to keep them outside for good until May 10th or so.  If they get too cold they really slow down in growth and then take a while to recover.  As a rule of thumb anything below 40 at night slows them down.  Good luck bro.

4. okay thanks for your help i will post pictures whenever the sowing begins

5. the seeds are in! ive had them in germination for over 24 hours now and they are still not showing any signs of sprouting. This makes me somewhat nervous because the seeds did not look that great and I really hope i didnt waste my money. Also i read somewhere that dutch passions think different is shitty genetics and is a waste of a seed anyway. let me know your opinions please.

6. Waiting on my order from Attitude... Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Chunk...and Royal Queens Amnesia Haze....here's to a good year

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. north east coast here, I generally don't trust May weather for shit. Always super rainy, too cold at night, random 90+ degree days.... starting indoors is key, unfortunately cant do it myself. Usually wait til end of May to put stuff out.

8. due to my circumstances i have noway to grow inside and I also have to go ahead and get mine started. So ive got them in germination now and hopefully i plant them in a few days. i will be planting them in solo cups at first because these containers will be more portable at first so i may be able to bring my plants in at night. i will post pictures the day i plant. Hope it works out!

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399050693.646782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. The think different didn't make it. I've got three speed+autos you can see in the picture above. They are already five days old and I feel like they are growing slow if. If anybody has any ideas just let me know

11. Subscribed man, hope things turn out well.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399870118.226145.jpg

13. #13 cheenkeyed, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    Here they are at two weeks... I'm really not that happy with the results so far. I need advice why is that leaf on the back plant twisting? Why is the biggest one leaning and about to fall over? And why are there little snail shells in the top of the soil and what can I do to prevent this?

14. Thank God i live in Southern California!  :)

15. Stretching usually means they need more light, twist to get more. I use a strip of beer can with top folded out to keep away pests. Sitting at night just on the ground is very risky imo.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. They are not sitting on the bare ground they are actually on an elevated platform. Thanks for the advice thpugh

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400187770.143881.jpg

18. #18 cheenkeyed, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    The one that was twisting died I'm still not sure why it twisted and why it died it so if anyone has any ideas let me know

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400506440.737324.jpg

20. Here they are at three weeks. I have about came to the conclusion that they are probably not getting enough light but this is the only spot I have to grow so I am making the best of it. If anyone has any tips for me feel free and speak your mind