bad or good quartz nails

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by jpblowclouds, Apr 5, 2014.

1. #1 jpblowclouds, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    So I was trying to figure out if there's such thing as a bad quartz nail. Would the type of quartz matter when buying a nail? Like is there quartz that cant be used to make a nail for concentrates? Im just wondering since I wanted to get a domeless male jointed one like in the pic and I found some on greenbuddahshop and they're the kind I want. This site http://bhoglass.com/Offset-Domeless-Quartz-Cup-188mm-000-710-0024.htm has quartz banger remakes but theyre not design as well as the quave bangers because the hole sits right on top of the cup unlike with the quave bangers that have them uptop and the cup way below. Can anyone suggest a glassblower that might be able to make me one like this or a quave. Info and leads much appreciated! I already know of joe halen but those aren't that great and to season one would be super annoying and glob consuming.

Attached Files:

2. hmm i dont know anything about good or bad quartz, just that theres a difference from true quartz and not just a glass nail. from what i know, quartz is a type of glass, but not all glass is quartz. true quartz will last much longer and prone to less breakage like cheap glass nails. a blower i spoke with mentioned that quartz will hold its shape and will not deform as opposed to the same piece made with regular glass. wish i could help with links, although if the greenbuddahshop is the same ive seen in my internet browsingz, im sure there are some reviews floatin around concerning their items, sorry dont have links, good luck.

3. AFAIK, quartz is quartz. Ti is what I would watch out for and only buy a quality product, spend the money.

I have had many of those ebay nails and they're fine, just make sure to season it and take your dabs at a good low temp

4. Word! I had a pukin beagle quartz cup nail and it worked amazing true flavor after switching from ti. I was just puzzled because some dude was talking about someone having imported quartz and making it sound like it was bad but I know obviously quartz isn't only from the U.S. anyhow I guess ill be buying one of these. Im also gonna try out your method for seasoning the last time I seasoned the pukin beagle I used like 5 dabs while it looked a bit blackned and hazy tried to take a dab to the face and still tasted quartzy. Yuck. Seasoned twice more and finally got it seasoned lol. A good 8 dabs wasted.

5. i wouldnt say there are good and bad quartz nails. that said, quartz is considered the lowest quality and cheapest material you should be dabbing from.

6. yeah man the oven will do it with only 1-2 dabs worth of oil depending on how big the nail head is.

7. jimmys right. quartz is quartz. get a pack or 3 quars nails for $15. thats what i teel everyone lookin for a cheap setup

How is quartz the lowest quality? From my experience it retains heat very well and taste far better than titanium. Its a solid material and is a good material to make nails from. 

Sure there might be thickness and quality issues but buy a good one from a good company. 

9. <3 my quartzes