Black Market still thrives in CO

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by startedat45, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Craigslist is full of folks offering weed for "donations". Must be a loophole?

I would much rather buy my stuff from a reputable retail outlet then some dude selling 1/8ths outside the bar. You don;t know what's in that shit. Could be pesticides, excess ferts and shit. I'll pay the extra bit for piece of mind knowing that the bud I buy was grown safely in a controlled environment.

And from the articles I've read, Colorado's system seems to be working better than expected.

2. I read an article like that and it was all a scare piece
    Mostly bullshit trying to scare Americans about weed

3. I think most of the market is profit hungry regardless.
    Most of todays top shelf is loaded with alot of nutes. Even during flush they add extra shit.
    So whether it be shitty home grown or really pretty nutrient loaded buds. Your not getting medicine grade stuff.
    (Sorry for my rant. I recently found out how shady some legal shops are in LA. Im alil upset haha)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Dude unless u have acces to see the shops grows and you can see that they are being super clean. The shops can do the same as the guys in the alleys. The shops know that theyre selling u tainted weed. The dealer probably is to dumb to know about PM n other shit so he will sell it to you like a used car salesman. And for the most part ppl cant tell the diff. Haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Exactly.

Yeah, I'm sure there are shops that grow shit tainted weed, but if they are registered, then all their activies are monitored via cctv, and subject to product testing. And when I say reputable, I mean like they're known for the best bud, knowledge, and outstanding customer service. That dude hanging out by the bar doesn't stand a chance. Surely not with me.

7. I get mine from a friend who gets it from his friend who grows and also sells the same bud, hash and wax to med dispensaries. Besides, I would trust the shady guy at the bar over government regulation any day.

8. I don't understand why everyone keeps mentioning such high taxes.... when I visited Colorado I paid 100 dollars for a quarter and a decent pipe. I'm from Chicago and quarters range anywhere from 70 to 125 dollars. I'd pay 100 bucks for stellar bud and the relief of it being legal any day..

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. You come from Chicago... What you need to understand is that a 1/4 oz of high grade has been selling around 65-80 for a while before the rec shops opened. So the taxes are high for this region. I understand those Midwest/east coast prices though.

10. #50 Scribbles510, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    It's considered "taxed" because bud doesn't cost anywhere near $100/Quarter to produce. I'm from a state where it's still illegal (though decriminalized) and it doesn't cost half that for a quarter. Somebody is making way more money than they should be.

11. And for 20 more you should have got a oz. so yeah. You got taxed and another out of stater loving it.

Maybe your friend, who knows a friend that grows bud for a dispensary sells shit tainted weed. And buying bud from that shady guy at the bar and feeling not a bit concerned as to the quality or safety and citing it's better than having it regulated and checked for safety for public consumption. That sounds smart.

13. #53 Sgtstadanko707, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    I can promise what ever crazy magic stuff you guys think people use to grow weed is far safer than any of the crap you eat from a grocery store. I live in farm town and we always joke not to go into the canals becuse you might grow a 3rd leg.
    What ever supplies back yard farmers use would be the same shit you use to grow our tomatoes in your back yard from
    Lows or Home Depot unless you guys all just smoke cartel cat piss weed. All the the supplies that these growers use the general growers use them to but most out of staters would not know this.

14. Which is precisely why WA is regulating cannabis at a much stricter level then our food. People will be able to see what was used to grow it because its required to be labeled with much higher standards then food. Don't see too many dispensaries doing this (they should) and the ones that do are clearly in it for the patients. At least that's what I Iook for in a good dispensary. Some poorly grown pot using pesticides, herbicides, or contain mold can be extremely harmful for medical patients or someone with allergies.

15. Why the hell should weed regulations be stricter than food regulations?!

16. #56 Sgtstadanko707, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    If you think those large rec grows are not using pesticides or herbicides you are crazy becuse they are used in every food you eat.

Pretty sure my neem oil is the same as theirs.
    Pretty sure my OMRI certifid organic worm spray is the same as there.
    So what is so differnt. Nothing you guys are just busying into the hype. It's cool. It's happend to me to.

17. Oh not saying they aren't, but they will be required to label as such, so those buying from a rec store will have that option of choosing what kind of "product" they want to consume and what it was used to grow it. One would think all medical providers would do this for their patients considering its suppose to be for medicinal and many of the chemicals used can be harmful to people with medical conditions, but its sadly not the case....

18. Actually our food regulations should be A LOT stricter, but that's not how our society works...

19. Let me guess. You aren't very familiar with the way the dispensary system works?

20. Exactly.
    You would think they would for medical and they don't as you and I both know so I do to understand why people think rec bud would be anything differnt.