Black Market still thrives in CO

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by startedat45, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Yeah lots of counties have banned them and the others have temporary moratoriums against them which might be changed once they expire.  Counties in Washington are doing the same thing and it will probably be concentrated to one or two areas there as well.  I wonder if any of this will have an impact on wether or not other states will legalize.

2. And that will be there sticking point when they try to ban all home growing.

3. I live in Canada, where nobody can grow( not even patients)...we stay high though.

4. To bad cannabis cannot start out like tobacco did being ok and costing low taxes and then after years of being ok tobacco is taxed to shit and costs a lot but is not good for health the way we use it and grow it. the only difference is after years of use of cannabis we will see that it is ok and safe ( as long as we do not go down the highway of toxic growing methods) and should not be taxed high because it is safe unlike mass produced tobacco which is not really safe and the reason it is taxed so high. cannabis is getting hit with the tobacco bullshit taxes right out of the starting gate so with common sense and the fact cannabis is safe the tax cost should taper off- but who in the fuck actually has common sense that matters in these matters.

5. Yeah it's really fucked up. The government is just being greedy and wants to make as much money off of it as they can. They need to wake up and realize that their greed in the form of these high taxes is what's helping the black market thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. They don't care. They are making a killing on the suckers that actually pay those prices.

7. Yeah I rather go for the bargain price, you save more money.

8. #28 Jingo Dookstain, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    “If you can get it tax-free on the corner, you're going to get it on the corner.”

If I could get it legally inside a dispensary and not be arrested... I'm going to get it legally inside a dispensary and not be arrested.

Edit: I'd also trust a dispensary more over some guy on a corner, but that's just me.

9. I have to ask. Do you live there becuse it kinda sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. One of the out of staters that says hey it's better than what i have here in my fucked up state. Why would you not go to your neighbor who grows killer weed and you watched him grow it and get it for half the price and not be arrested.

10. #30 Jingo Dookstain, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014

I have to ask, did you read the article?

I also have to ask, did you notice I used the word "could?"

Edit: I also have to ask, did you notice the quotation marks around the quote?

I live in an illegal state, so I'd be pretty damn happy with legal weed even if it was taxed.

And to answer your question, even though it's not relevant, is because being connected to a grower in such a way is just asking for jail time where I am.

And to further answer your question: weed is pretty fucking expensive already where I am.

11. get mine under the table

12. Give it a year, prices will drop. The samething happened with medical dispensaries. Supply and demand people. Supply and demand. Oh btw Sgt. not everybody knows someone who grows or can grow themselves, so I could see why a lot of people would pay a little bit more then go through a friend of a friend who is about as reliable as a wet napkin and has only one strain.

13. Yes the price adjustment can't come soon enoughbut will be well received. I called a rec disp last week to ask about their pre rolled joints.

1 gram joint.. 25 bucks a piece! Before tax!

LOL

The medical dispensaries sell them for five a piece in this area. Of course 35 for an eighth. Then there's also the community guys.

I've been tempted to get my med card because i qualify but being legal intend to grow my own either way. No way I'm driving a town over to pay two or three times what i should.

14. I mean shit in Washington its like I could hit up my dispensary if I want some edibles, hash, or if they have deals for bud

Other than that, I've got a dealer thats yet to show me anything but beautiful dank and not to mention the plenty of other dealers/friends I know who'd sell to me or even just smoke me out

Weed is definitely A-Plenty in the PNW

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. We see that the problem with legalization is just more government control. There's always going to be a black market for everything, especially when prices are high and the demand is strong. In NYC cigarettes have been getting a tax increase over the years because of health concerns, not sure how fair this is considering the public should be already well informed...but in the case for recreational marijuana these taxes might and should decrease over time as public acceptance increases. It seems to us it is all a failed attempt on deterring people from using, which obviously does not work and will never work because there will always be a black market.

16. Damn straight! I have yet to go to any of the stores just because of the tax. I'll still go to my guy and get the same quality and a good selection for half price and no tax. Fuck the government and their tax.

You're right.  My mistake.  Just glanced at it.  Still doesn't change my point that it is a D.C. newspaper that is read by those in power.

And that is fine and good.  But think about this situation.  You (or anyone for that matter) need some weed and you get in touch with your source.  At this point you have 2 options: 1) Go without until you can get in touch, or 2) go down to the local store and have a nice selection.  Some, but not all, who use method 2 will find it is easier and that they end up with better product.

19. who cares what market you get it from, its your prerogative

20. Why does everyone thing that just becuse it comes from a store it must be good and if you don't work for one you must grow dog shit. Al those shops are giving the better buds to med patient anyways so your still paying out of the ass for decent weed.