first indor grow, cfl grow box experiment

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by strangesmoke69, Apr 4, 2014.

1. #21 strangesmoke69, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Yeah I have only grown outdoors before, I do normally use solo cups but I had none at the time I planted this one, I have a nice seed colection so I might germ a sweet dark devil seed when I go up next, I will use a solo cup and use a slow release water system of some sort lol. I wasnt going to use foil as it directs reflected light in different directions but it's all I had at the time, im going to start working on a new area soon aswell so hopefully its a bit more better. Oh and I have some plant starter / root booster im going to add to the watering soon.
    But yeah its only my first indoor grow and im bound to make mistakes thats why I started with a cheap shitty little setup, loving the advice tho guys keep it coming! :)

2. Poor drainage? Ph problem? Somethings wrong with it

Attached Files:

3. #23 GoldGrower, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    I would say its been overdosed with dissolved solids. What soil is that?. They could probably recover given perfect conditions but it would take a while. It would be much faster to start new seeds. Start them in small pots of 50/50 mix of peat and perlite and use low ppm water and you won't be able to go wrong

4. The soil is osmocote seed and cutting raising mix, it has worked well outdoors previously, but yeah I will start another couple seeds and see how they go, ill defiantly make a new mix with perlite and peat aswell, and ill start them in solo cups, I might also put the other two lights on them aswell, thanks for the advice bro

5. #25 GoldGrower, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    The 50/50 peat/perlite mix will only be good for the first week or two and then you will want to move on to proper soil that can hold nutes better. The plant doesn't need nutes in the first week so it will work well and you won't be able to over water. Use a small pot though

Seed and cutting soils are low in nutes but are often quite heavy and dense. Using a light fluffy airy soil with perlite will allow the roots to breath

6. looks way better than my first setup. and a realy cheap source of Mylar is car window visor. can usually get them for a dollar.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #28 GoldGrower, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014

White paint, mylar, b&w plastic, aluminium foil, those reflective car sun screen things, they all work about the same, you aren't going to get big differences in yield because you used one over the other. As long as the walls are close and not a dark colour you are in for a win

Edit...
    The only reflective thing I wouldn't use is mirrors because the light has to pass through glass. Reflected light may appear bright but that's just because the light is reflected very directly, there's no spread with it