Grow log #3 (Greenhouse Seed Company)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unixhelp, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Well then ! I've started my 3rd grow and This time I'll share more detail on what seemed to work for me with the first two grows. I would have on the first two grows ("Dexter's Girls -first grow"...and "DWC vs. CoCo experiment") but I didn't want to share any success' until I was sure they weren't total flukes.

So here we grow...
    Grow room setup
    4'x4'x6.5' commercial tent.
    400w HPS ( have 400w MH as well but cat loves lying in HPS light )
    4" charcoal can filter
    110 cfm bathroom exhaust fan
    3 gallon air pots.

Grow details
    Greenhouse seed company "White Widow" & "Kalashnikova"
    Botanicare Coco Coir.
    Botanicare "Pure Blend Pro" nutes. ( This was going to be an Advanced Nutrients grow but there was something in their feeding schedule that annoyed me )

image.jpg

Start, Germinated seeds using the paper towel method, when they popped I carefully transferred them to small Grodan rockwool cubes. They broke the surface of the grocube two days later and three days later the taproot poked through the bottom of the cube. I then transfered to a 3" and 4" rockwool cube (would have used both 3" cubes but I only had one so I used a 4"). Today is day 9 since Germination and tap root poking through 3" white widow grocube and I'm transferring to air pots with straight coco coir.
    [ image.jpg

Day 9 Veg 7cm tall under 28w T5 Soft light and 23w Bright daylight CFL until current grow gets harvested in 2 days. Then they go in grow tent under 250w HPS (dimmable ballast).

image.jpg

2. I know they look silly being so small in the airpots already but I wanted them to get in their growing medium while they still had the stability of the rock wool to give them a little bit of a buffer while adapting to the coco coir.

3. #3 unixhelp, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    Day 26 of flowering...

The Kalashnakova seems to be somewhat stunted from birth and is now only 37 cm, I think perhaps it was transplanted to final pot too soon.
    The White widow is doin well..80 cm

Kalashnakova
    image.jpg

White Widow
    image.jpg

Both
    image.jpg

Sorry about photo quality, lights just starting and not up to full intensity yet.

4. Looking good bro! You should make a journal!!
    What lights do you have?

5. 400 w HPS but i did veg with a MH bulb for the first time...they seemed to strech less. The grow cabnet is a little too small for two plants but landlord has work to do so I dont want 4x4 tent set up.

6. They are looking nice, try to take some clear pics of them leafs and flowers!! 
    keep up the good work

7. Harvest time...

Kalashnikova...
    image.jpg
    Grew to 40cm and got pollinated...heat stress was probably the cause..wet yield was approx 100g so the dry weight should be about 20g...and the smell...OMG.

White Widow...
    image.jpg
    Grew to 87cm...was easy to take care of....wet yield was approx 400g so the dry weight should be about 80g...very dense buds and cola's large enough that they needed support toward the end. Tried a 2 day quick dried bud...was strange...no unusual effects for a while and then bang...a strong high that seemed to last forever...can't wait to try a properly cured bud.

photos were taken before 7 day flush.

Will let yas know what they smoke like in a few weeks. :)

8. Yummy Kalashnikova.
    image.jpg