Kronicly Insanes 2014 Outdoor Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kronicly Insane, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Feel free to ask questions. I would enjoy to see how your plants are doing. Tell me more about your grow and your set up. What things are working for you. Tell me about your grow.

2. Do you have any experience with fox farms "marine cuisine" ? Do you like you use it as an amendment in your soil or more as a kind of organic fert. During veg. I believe it is 11-7-7 correct me if I'm wrong. I know your more into your own organic soil buildings with fresh worm casting peat other composts etc. I could go on. But just wondering if you ever used it on any grow. I'm not a big fox farm guy myself. I do like black gold. And pro mix if I don't use and farm fresh composts and manures on hand. Anyways. Sorry about the rambling. Good ...? Bad.....?

You da man

Sent from someone's phone that isn't mine.

3. #23 Kronicly Insane, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    Marine Cusuine is a great organic fertilizer mix. My current indoor grow was grown with just Icean Firrest soil, dr earth top dressing along with MC. It works great and feeds the plants well. It's not complete as uh lacks a few thing I like to add to help my outdoor plants. The main items you need to add are alfalfa meal, kelp meal, crab meal and neem meal. Earth worn castings are a bonus. Bat guano helps a but also.

4. I have most of those in my organic ferts. This year (I've only grown outdoors 3 years) (never indoor no space and the state not a good one lol) I'm going with fox farm products mostly my list :
    Black gold Canadian spanghum peat
    Happy frog
    Extra EW castings
    50/50 perlite and vermiculite
    A small 1/4 layer of pea gravel (washed) on the bottom of my 2x2x2.5" holes-(helps drain, and keep bottom layer from getting Mush)
    Gypsum (treated at end of every year so does not effect plants come spring. Helps with with clay in natural soil. Just incase of very strong root growth)
    Dolomite lime
    2 fox farm ferts marine cuisine,tomato something or other(I'd have to get up and look lol)
    Which includes allllll kinds of meals*

Probably forgetting something I'll update if I go look.

What ferts (organic) do you get best yields with for flower. (Cha Ching....etc.) strain depending of course.

I'll post pics of my baby's later
    It's THC BOMB btw if you've heard anything good of have had experience with that strain at all and advice would be greatly appreciated.

All from seed not fem. good genetics tho.

You ever FUCK I MISSED , or top?

Sorry for this gargantuan post.

Much love, sure I'm forgetting a lot. Advice?

Sent from someone's phone that isn't mine.

5. Used to use marine cuisine till I found out it had urea and some other synthetic components. Stick with green trees or some other balanced dry mix.

6. I have most of the plants in their spots for the summer. In the morning I'm planting my last outdoor plant. Plants are all heathy starts and should grow pretty big. I still need to place the cages, this year I'm going with 6 ft tall wire and using the other wire to run across the tops. Replaced the bulb on the bug zapper and I sprayed the plants for pest. Gonna finish what's in the pump sprayer then gonna start using my fogger.

Attached Files:

7. Wow it's been over a month since I posted photos of this years girls. I have been watering them about every 2-3 days. I rotate between plain water. Kelp, alfalfa, worm casting and either neem meal or crab meal; and a high nitrogen tea, comprised of liquid kelp, fish hydro, dr earth nitro big, Protekt and mollassas. I use the kelp, alfalfa, ect mix to top dress the plants after tea has brewed for 48 hrs. I figure I have about 2-3 weeks to boost nitrogen before flowering begins. I have also fogged the plants twice a week and conducted two flora feeds which will be done again in a few days after I get more liquid kelp. 3 out of 4 auto flowering are flowering and I'm not seeing anything on the Thia fantasy auto. I'm happy with how this year is turning out and plan to improve my starts next year. I had a few late starts which next year I'll start more than enough and get rid of extras. The cages I built are 5 ft tall and I enclosed the tops to provide additional support for the heavy branches.

Attached Files:

8. #28 Organic_Disciple, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    Nice

Sent from my PG86100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Thanks. They would be even better if two if my neighbors should cut down their trees that block my direct sunlight. I make the best of my environment and as long as I pull more than last year I will be happy. My goal is to have a larger plant and yield that the year prior.

10. Still no signs if flower on Thia Fantasy. I'm thinking it's not Auto as advertised. It keeps getting bigger and will yield more if it's photo but it would have been nice to plant her in a larger pot. The green Poison was stunted as a seedling I was going to pull it but I decide to let it ride and will yield the smallest plant ever. I might get a couple bowls worth. It might be the best bud ever with my luck. It make me wishing I had more. The plants are rapidly growing. The late starts are finally starting to hit their stride and I decide to stop supper cropping the plant. Most are bushy and full so it's time to let them stretch out a bit. I'm feeding them every other day and am starting to add a few things to prepare for flowering. I've increased the amount of nitrogen to get that last bit of veg growth before flowering. So far the plants are responding well to the teas and booster feedings. Every last bit counts right now. I am foliar feeding once a week also with one of my biweekly foggings. My garden has evolved over last years and I will continue to look for ways to improve it. This year I spaced the plants out and I will take note where I can more SmartPots next year. I'm happy so far with my placement of my large plant spot and will add more smaller plants next year. It about maximizing my grow space. I will grow a few autos again next year and am taking note if things to do different with them next year.

11. Nice grow kronicly insane, gonna be looking forward to the size of those monsters come fall. I hope when I get too old for guerilla grows it will be legal where I live and I can grow in my backyard. Best of luck to you this season bro.

12. Thank Boogie. It takes slot of work to learn to grow monsters. Mine are small com paired to some of my friends grows. My issue is living in the Town and having neighbors and too many trees and house shade my garden more than I like. I got one neighbor to trim his tree from over my fence but it's still 59 ft tall and shades palets of the garden for a couple of hours. I make the best of it though. I way just looking at pics from last years grow and my plants look as good or better than last year at this time. I noticed my plants started showing flowers about a week or two into Aug. Last year 2 of my plants reached my 1st story roof and I expect most of them to reach that height this year. This year I have 5-6 plants that should reach that size. Overall I am doing better than last year so far and plant look better by far.

13. The Thai fantasy is a long auto, I ran one last year it got pretty good size before it flowered.
    It's looking good in here, I couldn't handle the stress of growing in town. I would always be worried some shithead is going to steal my plants.
    Your garden is beautiful KI.

14. Great job Kronic!!! I am impressed :metal: I would like to show and tell from start to finish but it will have to wait until next season!! One question, Why don't you dig the holes and place them all at ground level? I always dig the hole and place my amendments in it as I dig. I use a mantis tiller like a mixer to blend it then take it out and  continue to dig till I get 18" to 24" deep and then I place some dead fish at the bottom and cover it with the amended soil. I am big on using the fish!!  Everything else is close to what you are doing and mine are between 5 and 6 feet now. A friend digs his holes and uses miracle grow soil  but no fish and he was ahead of me but now I have surpassed his.Maybe next time you can try one hole this way! What you are doing is working  but to get away from smart pots I would just put it at ground level :ey:

15. Hello when are the sativa dominants gonna start pistillating and swelling and how much should three little two footers yield and when is the harvest days like November?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. Thanks Dadeo. I have putting in a lot of work and money into my garden. Every year I strive to make my garden better than last year. Thanks for the info on the Thai fantasy. I think I might have the photo version as it still hasn't shower pistals yet. My other autos should finish come Aug. I'm surprised how tiny my Green Posion is. Smallest flowering plant I have ever seen.

17. #37 Kronicly Insane, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Some of the plants are in SmartPots due to some areas of the yard being unsuitable to dig holes. Plus I wanted to see the difference between pots and in ground holes. I used the smaller pots for auto flowering plants and the 20g are plants I added after the majority of the garden was planted. My goal is to have a garden full of flowers. Smaller pots keep the plants smaller and allows me to move them to get the most sunlight. Plus the smart pots end up with a fuller root system and allows for oxygen to the roots. Each method has it's pros and cons. As for mixing my soil I use my Troy built tiller to mix my soil which I mix seperatly from the holes. After amendments are added I run the tiller through the dirt multiple times ensuring it get evenly mixed and additional amendments get added while mixing. I then fill the holes and pots with my soil and this year I used the extra soil in adding a few extra plants. So that's how I ended up with a few 20g pots. It's better to have more soil than you need rather than not enough soil. My goal us to improve my garden each year. I will make adjustments and invest in upgrades each year which improves my garden and the upgrades makes things easier to grow large plants. This year I spent twice as much as last year but I also have most the amendment I'll need through this year and next. I look at as Happy Plants equal happy flowers and make a happy smoker.

18. Just shot some new photos of the girls. A few are starting to show pistals. The autos should be finished 1 Aug or around there. Still now signs of flower from Thia Fantasy. There's now way it's auto but that's fine. She will be only of the small plants but will yield more than the autos. Plants are starting to stretch and most have swallowed their cages. I have a tea brewing and will be feed to them tomorrow.

Attached Files:

19. Do you plan on trimming?

20. I plan to trim some of the lower growth in a few weeks. I'm taking clones in a few days and will trim anything that will touch the dirt. Besides that as long as it's not dead I leave it be.