CE1122s Backyard Garden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by CE1122, Apr 3, 2014.

1. in ground is definitely the best bet when you can do it but in certain situations pots or raised beds are preferred. When your rocking two and four hundred gallon pots its about as big or bigger then most peoples holes.

2. Yea you are probably the most knowledgeable person on here. I know it is not practical to dig 200 gallon holes all over a property. The soil probably stays pretty cool in pots that big anyways. I,m a lot more of a small time grower so my choices are either 65 gallon smart pots or even smaller and in ground holes. Thanks of all the great advice.

3. yeah for you in ground would be best, I'm also alot cooler up here in the summer up north so having pots helps them dry out faster which is preferred for us. You guys and gals down south definitely need more water retention and in ground help that. I'm far from the most knowledgeable here but I have been doing this growing thing for 14 years and definitely have lots of experience and info but don't know it all by any means.

4. Yea my hillside that I grow on bakes in the summer and small pots get pretty warm. Digging the holes in a rock hillside with a messed up back was no fun though, but I use the same holes over and over again so I just had to dig them once. I hope every has a great outdoor season this year.

5. Why am I taking these to tha dome tonight Idk but I thought of you sis lol

Attached Files:

6. Do a raised bed and a mound into the hillside and have the best of both worlds. I love in ground I have holes about 300 gals each, lots of good reason to do it, all you have to do is put a little work into it, btw it's the only "free" way to hold your dirt ;-)

7. #587 415north, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    I,ll be looking forward to watching everyone's grow. Seems like everyone keeps getting better and more knowledgeable at it every year.  That's why I like growing, it never get's boring and there is always something to learn.

9. that's my style ;)
    1421269960226.jpg smoking right now lol

10. #590 drewdog420, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    Hey just coming by to say hi. Hope all is well with you and hubby. Get your indoor dialed yet?

11. I've been working on it, got a few ideas on how to improve :)
    I just upgraded my veg tent so i can feed the flower room properly

12. What's up girl haven't seen you on for a bit how's things?

13. I've been reading just not posting much. This new job has been keeping me busy but I really like it :)
    What's new with you buddy? School got going again right?

14. is that the job at the oil cartridge place? Glad your having fun at work that's rad. Ya school started last week, taking "world religions" this semester this one will be interesting and challenging lots of reading and such but nothing I can't handle. Happy to hear your doing well :)

15. Just popping in to say hi. If you need anything let me know you have my # ;)

16. I got some papers you can use. Lol. They were the days before turnitin.com.

17. Thanks but I got this on my own, anit that bad just show up take notes and read the book ya know.. I'm a seasoned student these days..

18. Come on. If you seasoned you don't go, don't read and still pass the class.
    That is how us career students do it.

19. #599 Gold Hill Ganga, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    Not here at the JC attendance and participation are 1/3 of the final grade lol but on a serious note why would I pay for a class if I didn't plan to go to it? To me that's kinda asinine and childish, no offense meant sgt.

20. #600 Sgtstadanko707, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    Upper division work you have to go to.
    JC GE work. Fuck that.
    You just have to pass them. No need to even try to retain that useless info.
    World relegions, death and dying , Human sexuality.
    That shit is a waste of time but you have to take them.
    10 years and two degrees later I got it down pretty well.
    I am taking my 2 plant science classes at the JC right now and you couldn't pay me to miss one of those.

Are you going to sierra. I was a Los rios jr college whore.
    Sac city
    Sierra
    Consumes.. Went to them all.