The Third Eye

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by KeepPassin, Apr 3, 2014.

1. yea. I did it when i was like 16 and started to see auras shortly after. The only method i really used was meditation. It took about 2 and half weeks of daily meditation. Few years later and now i can open and close it by will. I could go more into depth about everything. But I would be wasting my time.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Dreams are your brain's filtering of information, both passing it into longer term memory and trying out your reactions to situations, a mental run-through sometimes of situations in the future you might worry about. They coincide with REM sleep, which is very important to humans and allows them, amongst other things, to learn.

DMT is a drug that is known to create what the user expects to see and hear. I has no connection to a fictitious third eye invented by Theosophy except the one she claimed was there.

MelT

3. I don't have a brain. lucky me

4. Back before I joined the marines I was very spiritual. I do believe my third eye was open. I mediated heavily, 3 hours a day. Life was great back then. I'm in the process of getting back to where I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. he didnt say its closed either

6. Neither did I say he did.

7. who said the third is closed? No one said that :) why ask

Green valleys of Kalamata

8. I've tried, just need to get a new prescription for my glasses now

9. #49 loopster, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    We are born with all eyes open, with the help of technology and oversimplification of normal everyday activites, the eye sand/boogers slowly shut our third eye.

some cannot muster the strength to open it back up.
    some didn't have a choice in closing it
    some are just now peeking through their metaphorical eye lashes

10. Why does everybody call it the third eye? It could be the first.. Ab-soul

Your pineal gland Is just that, a gland, that secretes dmt, it does it when your born, when you die or NDE! You can train it like anything else on your body vessel! Like them monks that sit up in the mountains and just meditate all day in the clean air in clean everything trying to reach enlightenment.
    People who take dmt report seeing all sorts of shizz Like, different creatures, loved ones, god, the most interesting one I read was somebody said they saw new colours.
    But dmt is controversial it's hard to prove weather people actually blast off out there body or just think they do,
    My own experiences are I try to lucid dream a lot which requires you to relax and let your body go to sleep but keep your mind awake, but right when your getting to the colours swooshing around I fell asleep!
    The best bit is I woke up to go to the toilet in the night and only when I was standing at the toilet I realised I hadn't opened my eyes but had been able to see where I was going on the way to the toilet. It happened again I was trying to lucid dream and I kinda fell out the zone and decided to just go to sleep, keeping my eyes closed I adjusted myself and moved my arm and could see my arm move In front of my face, it wasn't clear but like a black outline! It was a good experience! There the only 2 though, it is a case of practice makes perfect!

Berry Ryder auto, cream caramel auto, sour diesel photo,

11. I'm not sure if I would say it was open.
    I believe I know how to open it, but I don't feel that it remains open - due to my own doing.
    It's something that I'm also trying to work on though.

12. Melt why even post in this thread?  You are bringing nothing useful.  You speak as fact, and your proof is in other previously discussed threads (as if this legitimise your argument).  But what ever, its cool to speak your mind , but you keep trying to argue w/ everyone and hikjack the thread. 

But yeah, here is a 3rd eye by lizards, that you can physically see, and they can use it to detect birds flying overhead:

[​IMG]

The 3rd eye is mentioned by ancient peoples, from the Sumerians, the chinese, India, etc. 

13. I personally think the third eye could be more about

14. Whoops, about consciousness, yes the pineal gland contains a retina, but I don't think you see with it but perceive with it, like my earlier post about seeing my arm , imagine looking at the sun with your eyes closed and moving your arm in front , you would see the shadow of your arm blocked by the sun through your eyelids, it was like that but pitch black darkness, engine your third eye is radio a receiver and when activated you can pick up new and strange signals that you have not seen before!

15. My 3rd eye opened WIDE one day when I did an unmentionable. When I was coming down, I sat down lookin down at south portland maine for three hours, overcome with the most peacefull, rellaxing almost religious feeling I ever felt.....its possible to do drugs responsiby..open your mind....not with a chain saw though.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #56 MelT, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014

:) Nothing useful? Bringing to people's attention the fact that the third eye is largely the invention of Theosophy and false is, I do believe, very useful. Would you prefer we just accept it without ever having researched the truth?

If you would like to take a look at those 'other threads', as others have here and read why the third eye is not real, then perhaps you can get back to me?  For example, find one mention of it by the Sumerians and post a link here from a valid, non-woo source.

If you are going to believe those who invented the 'third eye', HP Blavatsky and Leadbetter, then you also must believe the rest of what they said on the subject, and of spirituality overall; that man at one time, when the third eye was active, was a four-armed being made of jelly, and that the third eye began in prehistoric times at the back of our heads, migrated to the front, then the top, then became inacfive, and is described by them as being now inactive and 'withered'. Does that sound feasible? If so,then you might be interested in their take on spirituality, where they describe asians and anyone with a dark skin, as spiritually lost and beyond teaching.

This is the source of the third eye, not the east. The only thing that came even close, and really doesn't, is a teching in Kashmiri Shivaism where the meditator is asked to see with 'the inner eye of awareness', meaning, 'with due consideration of dharma'.

The pineal gland is not the 'third eye' in terms of spiritual awakening, but a vestigial organ.

MelT

We've had a number of discussions regarding the third eye here over the years, not one ended in it being proven to be real. Going over these conversations again is, as you must understand, a bit dull, so let's cut to the chase: forget Descarte and the pineal, nearly 300 hundred years ago he simply decided that the pineal was the seat of the soul based on nothing more than the fact that he thought it had only one hemispheres, unlike the brain, that was it, a guess. Everything after that just about is Theosophy. Find authentic, non Theosophical eastern texts that talk about it and we can discuss them - but I have to be honest, you wont find any.

How about the statues then, the ones with dots between their eyes?

These are puja and bindu, anything from marks of blessing to caste marks - but not signs of the third eye.

M

17. Berry Ryder auto, cream caramel auto, sour diesel photo,

18. Then who are you tell me she made it up?

Regardless to her teachings, the ancient world celebrated the pineal 1000s of years ago,
    People who have use dmt report actually blasting off out their body but say they KNOW it happened for real! It's like trying to explain the bond you get seeing your kids for first time, that ultimate I would do anything feeling, you can't explain it till it happens you!

19. #59 MelT, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014

Let's see: 'MelT' I bet you haven't even tried to meditate"

I've been a meditator for about 30 years, am a Buddhist, teach meditation, it, write about it, have studied most eastern traditions.

"Who are you to tell me she made it up"

She said that it came from the east, particularly Tibetan Buddhism. I'm a Tibetan Buddhist, most of what she took from my tradition she misunderstood and lied about the rest. Is it just my personal opinion? No, the general opinion of anyone who knows anything about her. Blavatsky was a known fruad who was involved in other scams that she got caught doing before she created Theosophy, and she was also found in the act of forging letters that supposedly came from the 'other side'.

Her words and works were decried by tens of people even on theri release of her books, including by notable Indian gurus.

If you would like to believe that she/they were telling the truth, that's your choice to do so, my words are for others here who do want to try to gain a balanced view on these matters.

The ancient world didn't 'celebrate the pineal', that is woo. Please provide evidence from credible sources, not just YT movie or a picture of a pinecone and a pineal gland. Texts. Authentic, eastern texts that directly speak of the 'third eye'.

MelT

20. Berry Ryder auto, cream caramel auto, sour diesel photo,