Hazy OG, Blue Dream and Blueberry(auto) - Here we grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hbbum, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Babies! Took some cuttings from the Hazy OG and installed her cage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clones are just in water with a couple drops of super thrive then set in the corner of the tent slightly shaded.

2. Big update today:

Hazy OG is 5 weeks in veg and showing pre flowers all over:
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream is 30 days old, also showing preflowers:
    [​IMG]

Blueberry Auto is 27days from sprouting and showing pre flowers, has grown a lot, but still has a ways to go:

[​IMG]

For laughs, I took the cuttings I had sitting in a cup and moved them to a little hydro setup with bubbles and a circulator . PH 5.7 with a tsp of super thrive.
    [​IMG]

Will be flipping switch soon to 12/12 for about a week with the 400W MH, then the 600W HPS will come out. Not sure what I will do with the cuttings, will probably just put them in with a single CFL so they can stay alive but I don't need to to go very fast :D

3. Where do you live, I may want to buy something from you when those are done?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I've got 3 rules:

1.) Don't tell
    2.) Don't smell
    3.) Don't sell

Keep it legal and low profile. My brothers chip in to cover electricity costs from time to time, but they are also legal.

5. Happy 4/20, time to flip  top feed of 5-8-4 and plain water.

[​IMG]

6. Here are some photos just after lights out. Blue Dream nearly caught up in height with the Hazy OG, but Hazy is WAY more bushy and about 1.5" shorter. Autoblueberry is on a 2G bucket which actually gives a nearly level canopy.

Canopy:
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream:
    [​IMG]

Hazy OG:
    [​IMG]

Blueberry Auto:
    [​IMG]

Pretty happy with the color. They seem to love the Ushio 600 HPS and are already starting their stretch.  Humidity is getting a little high now that I put the extraction fan on a thermo controller, I may need to either get a new switch that does RH and temps, or just stick to leaving it on 24x7. 

7. Nice. Do you have license to grow. And how much did it cost to get all your equipment ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Like I said, I am legal. Its only a couple plants and I grow soil so equipment is really just a light, tent and fan. Pretty inexpensive. My biggest cost is electricity, I probably spend more on power over a grow than it cost me for the equipment.

9. Hydro is dirt cheap too if you do it right. You save on power because the turn around time and yield is better.

I have been really interested in hydro, and I may still have a go at it some time. Since you grow hydro maybe you can tell me if my concerns are unwarranted. 
    1.) Not unusual for me to be unable to check my plants 4-5 days at a time, thus making daily monitoring of pH and PPM impossible
    2.) Power running additional pumps and aerator, not I have 2 fans and a light.
    3.) Nutrients, I literally spent about $20 on some 5-8-4, Mexican bat guano and some molasses and that is good for about 5 grows. Add in about $30 for soil for those grows and it is pretty cheap.

I used to worry about noise and space, but I moved it out of my office so I don't need to work right next to my grow and have a little more space now.

11. #31 snoopdog6502, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014

#1 I check PH and PPM every 1-2 weeks, about the time I need to add more solution. Then I just check what I add and not the tank. It one of those things guys screw up because they do it to much and are essentially chasing their tail making it more work than it needs to be.
    Hydro is low maintenance if done right.

# 2 My commercial air pump is 1150 gallons per hour and uses 60 watts. LOL thats nothing.. 

#3 grow bloom dry soluble 3-15-27 is $50 for 25 pounds but that is enough to make 3,000 gallons and a typical plant uses 20-25 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket in its lifetime. You still need to add cal mag just like a soil grow.

I spent $40 for a TTD and PH meters. The one thing that's super handy is control of nutrients, in soil you blow it and have to flush and have a setback, in hydro new solution and its fixed in 5 minutes. I dont see any nute burn anymore but the solution is tested before it goes to the plants..

Your plants look lovely. cant ask for better than that. :D

When the time comes that you want to get your feet wet I know you will kick ass. There is a good group here to answer questions about hydro.

where did you find those cages? those are perfect for Scroging

I was admiring them myself, his grow looks first class too.

14. Home depot, $5 each and love them since I can still move each plant individually including rotating them every few days.

Thanks Snoop, that is very interesting and sounds like something I could definitely live with. Does the 3-15-27 give enough N during bloom? 

I may start putting together a little hydro build on paper to see if I can get something with a remote tank that feeds into the res, then all I would need to work on is adjusting the lights.

im going to have to go pic some up. thanks! i appreciate the help. your plants look beautiful and healthy btw. lemme know the final yield on that blue dream, i was thinking about ordering some for my next grow

16. Will do, I will put of harvest results. The BD is a little slower than the Hazy OG, but it started a little later and also I did not have a 1G pot for the initial transplant, which in previous grows usually slows down my veg if I cannot properly step up the pot sizes. She should catch up in flowering though since the root mass should be a little better.

17. nice grow :smoke:

18. Attached Files:

19. That was a great LST job. Bush'd that baby right out. Things will start getting very exciting now. Great job so far. Everything looks awesome. I'm seriously considering a scrog in my current grow but I haven't lst'd so it would be true scrog. Good luck. I'm subbed. Looking forward to seeing these flowers.