Hazy OG, Blue Dream and Blueberry(auto) - Here we grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hbbum, Apr 2, 2014.

1. After a bit of a break from my last grows, I have made some updates to my grow space including a new 24x48x70 tent and moving out of the garage (un-insulated) and into my insulated shed.

First here is the new space with the Hazy OG as a newly transplanted clone on 3/14:
    [​IMG]

Wide angle on 3/17 with a solo cup with the Auto Blueberry from Sea of Seeds:
    [​IMG]

2. #2 hbbum, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Hazy OG up close on 3/17

[​IMG]

3. 3/19 Hazy OG and I picked up the Blue Dream clone to help fill some space :D

[​IMG]

And on 3/21 I transplanted the Blue Dream to a 2G pot, put a bag on the Blueberry seed, still not sprouted:

[​IMG]
    I think I went a little heavy on my perlite mix. Growing in Roots Organic mixed with perlite. Only plain water for now, the soil can go a ways.

4. 3/23 - Auto Blueberry popped :D

[​IMG]

Starting to LST the Hazy OG:
    [​IMG]

And the Blue Dream is starting to show some positive growth (wish I would have used a 1G pot)

[​IMG]

5. 3/24 Transplated the Auto Blueberry into her final 3G pot. I also replaced the shorter cool tube that I needed to use for my cabinet with a longer one I had to give better coverage.

[​IMG]

The little sprouting is a little lost in that big ass bag :D

6. 3/27 Re-org the space to get rid of the HD buckets:

[​IMG]

Turing up the LST on the Hazy OG:

[​IMG]

Gave a top dressing on the Blue Dream, she was looking a little yellow and had been adding in some bulk:

[​IMG]

7. 3/31 Update
    Hazy OG is growing great, really bushing out and responding to the LST, was transplanted to a 5G pot 3/27:
    [​IMG]

The BlueDream is also responding well, going from solo cup to 2G did the same on my last grow. 

[​IMG]

Auto Blueberry: This is my first auto, I expected it to grow faster for some reason.

[​IMG]

8. Have you fed any?

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I fed them yesterday morning with an EWC tea.

In 2G of water I put in 1 cup of work castings, 1 Tbsp of unsulfered blackstrap molasses, 1 Tbsp happy frog 5-8-4 and 1/2 tbsp Mexican Bat guano (10-1-1) then aerate with a bubbler until I get a nice little foam on top from the microbes. In the summer when it is warmer it takes about 12 hours, now its in the mid 60's and it take about a day and a half. Picked up an aquarium heater so I can be a little more consistent.

10. #10 DeadLeaf, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    :) looks like I caught you just in time! Nice set up!
    Sub'd

Edit: yeah those Blue dream are good for high production runs..they really suck up the N.
    from what I know, autos grow slow and don't produce a whole lot...seemingly! lol their big selling point is the automatic flowering!

11. They auto was a freebie, so really anything I get is a bonus. I thought she would finnish much sooner than the photos so it should work out to an effective usage of space.

I already gave the BD an extra dose of 10-1-1 on 3/27 so I hope that helps. Growing slower than the Hazy because I went from the solo to a 2G. I had the same problem with my last run of Strawberry dream. I did one from a solo -> 1G -> 5G, and the other from a solo -> 2G -> 5G and the 1G out performed. In the end it was only about 10grams different from 2 plants that yielded 6 zips total.

I am a little worried about my lower temps though, running 61-77F. Turning down the exhaust fan to see if I can keep from dipping to low.

12. You can add Pro-Tekt (silica) to your feedings to battle against cold and heat.
    Blue dream grows tall and usually yields pretty hefty. But I don't know how the SD grows in comparison, sorry! you can always LST or top your plants if they aren't too far along in flower. That way your plants get even light even if they are different structure.

13. The SD is in the link I posted. Both will be heavily trained. The Blue Dream is a little behind the Hazy but probably will lag behind a bit on the stretch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Got something munching on my plants it seems. Though I could not find anything in there and it is confined to a very small area. I got the scope out and could not find anything. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Blueberry is doing well:
    [​IMG]

And Hazy is really bushing out, shows no sign of bugs:

[​IMG]

15. I ended up just topping the BD last night since it was time anyway. That had the side effect of getting rid of the bad leaves, but does not help me figure out WTF caused them. I will keep an eye on her and have some neem oil ready in the event it starts up again.

16. Another adjustment to the space. Added in some strawberries and a tomato plant. Sprayed them with neem before putting in the tent, they may need to come out since it fills the tent up quite a bit. May be a problem late in flower but they will be just catching the outer edge of the light.
    [​IMG]

Plain water to the rest

Auto Blueberry:
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream:
    [​IMG]

Hazy OG:
    [​IMG]
    She is really filling out. I will get a couple cuttings soon for clones.

17. I really wish this blueberry was bigger some she is 2 weeks from breaking the surface. Do these things really finish in 10 weeks? This thing will be anemic.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Ok, things are progressing well. transplanted Blue Dream to a 5G pot and getting really nice tight node spacing. Hazy OG is just a super dense bush, I may have problems this one taking up too much space as I wait for the Blue Dream to be ready to flip. Auto Blueberry is finally starting to fill out some being 18 days from sprout. I gave them all a top dressing with 1/2 Tbsp each of Happy Frog 5-8-4, Mexican Bat Guano 10-1-1 and Dolomite lime mixed with a little soil. Only the Hazy was drying out so the others did not get any water.

Blue Dream:
    [​IMG]

Stem nodal spacing on BD:
    [​IMG]

Hazy OG
    [​IMG]

And lil baby blueberry auto:
    [​IMG]

19. Oh, and least I forget, my momotaro tomato plant :D

[​IMG]