480W LED Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mikeee420, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Day 2 of flush. Great fade going on, little bits of purple popping up here and there. Took a couple pics with lights out
    WP_20140429_001.jpg WP_20140429_004.jpg WP_20140429_008.jpg WP_20140429_009.jpg WP_20140429_010.jpg

2. 48 hrs of darkness before chop began this morning. Kept waiting for triches to start ambering but after 11 weeks still almost no amber so I finally gave up on my search for amber. Quite a few branches are going purp as well, was not expecting it but il take it!

Attached Files:

3. Nice work man. Buds look amazing. Hopefully the dark period brings u ur ambers ur looking for. 3 days in dark wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure it's gonna be some great smoke with or without the ambers u prefer.

4. Any update on the meds?

Sent from my C6606 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Buds have been drying for almost 5 days now. 4 days hanging, and yesterday i trimmed them and put them in brown paper bags to finish the dry. Way more yield than I expected I think. Note to self: less tops next time! Took me about 7 hours to trim it all. Smell profile is incredibly complex. Sweet, gummy, lemony smell with hints of diesel and almost garlic. 

What do y'all think?! And btw the pic with the lighter is only of the biggest tops, not the entire yield. 

Attached Files:

6. great work...looks like some fire...and a nice yield..what you running next round?

7. Thanks for stopping in. Even without a cure and an incomplete dry its smoking and vaping pretty damn nice. And I took your advice on those Boveda 62 packs.. so tommorow will be 6 days drying and I will put em in the jars with the humidipaks.

Not sure yet. I have 6 seeds left of this Bio-chem, may run that unless I feel like manning up and dropping another hundred on some other genetics. Maybe something with a shorter flower period.. this was about a 4 month grow with the 13 weeks of 12/12. Not as quick as I;d like 

8. I've just wacked in my grow tent one of those giant 300w CFL hung vertical, along side my LED light.
    Tent is tight so only just enough space, my single plant seems to be loving the extra light from the CFL.
    Am currently just going into my 4 week of flower.

9. Once dried I yielded 0.92 grams per watt(calculated using actual power pull from the LEDs) if anyone's curious. Not bad

so just shy of a pound? jealous

Actual pull from the LEDs is 135w a piece so I had a total of 270 actual watts running. Yield was 247.2gs or 8.8 zips.. Little over a half. And to think I was expecting 2 ounces lol

12. So after a few months of enjoying the yield, my appetite for growing, is growing. 
    Planning on running a single plant this time in a 5 gallon hempy. Also thinking of switching nutrients this run, Botanicare was too damn expensive to run on a drip system. Thinking General Hydroponics unless I think of something else.

Hopefully get this next run going within a week or two!

13. What an impressive grow! I am building a box to flower in and I have been on the fence about LEDs but this grow has me convinced

Thanks Pat. I can't recommend the LEDs enough. Great yield with perfect density and incredible resin/trichrome production. Good luck on the grow, feel free to stop back in here and lemme know how your build goes!

15. Awesome thread. I'm currently working to complete my first grow (about 6 weeks in from the day the seed broke ground). I'm running a similar setup using 2 240w leds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That's awesome.. I love hearing about people using LEDs just because of the negative stimgma I feel is associated with them many times. Same exact LEDs as me, or just same wattage? Either way, good luck on the first grow. 

Moving forward, I planted a single seed today after 24 hours of it soaking in water. Pre-charged the coco with a little root enhancer(GH Rapid Start) and am ready to begin. I know I'm taking a risk by only popping one seed, especially since they're not feminized, but after getting 2 out of 3 girls last time, I don't think my chances are too bad B) 

I'll be updating again once she(wishful thinking) breaks ground 

17. Different company same watts.
    My first attempt I tried to go with only one seed as I only have a 2.5x2.5x5.5 tent. Went well for the first 2 weeks then all growth stopped and 2 days later a gnat infestation. I took 2 weeks to contain it and move forward with the plant. Ultimately I had to scrap that plant and start over. Decided to try 2 plants as more of a backup with the intent to only grow 1 of them. Well now both are doing great and I can't bring myself to get ride of either one so I'm moving on with 2 plants...will be flipping to 12/12 by 8/10...
    I'll be flushing probably Friday or saturday. When I flush it after running the water through the medium should I feed at this time or feed when it dries out?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I probably shouldve played it safe and gone with two
    I would finish the flush with a feed, less of a shock to the plants I'd think