Religion aside; Logically, what happens after death?

Discussion in 'General' started by rao34189, Apr 2, 2014.

1. http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/d/dostoyevsky/d72dr/
    dostoyevski's dream coincides with some of my own dreams... i don't think the DMT idea is too far out... if you're a bad person you go into a nightmare, if you're a good person you go into a dream... and all the measures of good and bad in between

2. Also nice to point out during one of Terence Mckenna's expeditions in Tibet, he gave one of the more 'senior' monks a bowl of the spirit molecule.. And yup, so this religious teacher says.. It's a very similar state to what we experience when we leave this world and are passing through to our next. 

What if we're not human beings having spiritual awakenings.
    But spiritual beings having human awakenings.

?

3. #43 chomolungma, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    that last part i'm putting in a journal... if i ever include it in anything that's published i'll be sure to reference "acoustictoker"

however, it does resonate with my own beliefs... ironically coming from some of the newer age teachings of some morman missionaries i listened too once... still... the mormans get alotta of shit, but they are very spiritual, positive people

4. This book intrigues me. Can I have the title?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I've had Cancer. I've spent many nights wonder about death. I've read books, watched videos, spoke to others etc.

Nobody knows. The only evidence we have of "something" after death is Near Death Experiences. A lot of them have been documented. One that caught my interest was the women who had to be clinically dead for them to perform her brain operation. When she woke up she told the doctors what they were doing, and what they said, and even the doctors were astounded by this.

So, there's a place to start if you're looking for answers.

Those that face death, and are alive, such as those with Cancer who are at the end stages are not fearing death. Some will tell their loved ones to let them go, and that they have to move on. That's no evidence of life after death, but to feel at peace with the situation and to let go is something I always admire.

Is there life after death? Who knows. There either is or there isn't. If there is, you can enjoy the new reality. If there isn't then you won't experience anything. It's a win win - unless you believe in the "devil" and "hell". I'm not religious though.

Some people claim DMT experiences are a vision into life after death - although not a complete vision. DISCLAIMER: I have never done DMT. I do not condone the use of DMT. I am just stating some information based on public perception and research.

I'd like to believe there is. There is some weight to Near Death Experiences. But one thing that still confuses me with them is how some see a God and other don't.

It's a mystery.

6. That was in 1901 man......

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #48 Weedity, Apr 8, 2014
    Exactly  :laughing: 

The study could have been flawed, shitty equipment, and not to mention a soul is not made up of any material. It's a soul...a spirit...no weight. 

8. we don't know.

logically it would make sense that your energy transfers "somewhere". 

9. You shit, Puke and pee.. When your dead your body gets rid of everything. If you don't believe look it up. I have a friend who was in the navy and told me that's one of the first things that happens to people who die.

10. I know exCtky what your talking about here. Many people who know it's the end of times for them they simply smile at their family members and seems so at peace with themselves [and their belief(s)]. With me it was my grandpa, everyone in my family looked up to him and loved him. Even everyone in the town he lived in loved him(he owned his own shop so many people knew him). The night he passed away, my father was there beside the bed with my uncle and my grandma. He told us all one night and many times over the years of his life "when I die I wana die in my bed not in the hospital" so that's why he was home and the moment he passed away my dad told me that at first you could see shock in him that he was frightened for a few seconds but then after that shock a smile came upon his face. I'm not saying that there's a life after death cause everyone will spread an argument and troll me on here but I'm saying that you don't just smile when your passing away. Maybe it was a glimpse flashback through his whole life? Or him In his bed with family around him? Or maybe in fact he did see something? No one will never know until it's our time.

Like you said(I didn't quote it though) death is a mystery that no one will ever figure out.

11. There is no such thing as death .just a change in worlds

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Why is it blades on gc make such massive statements with no logic to back it? If I say I am a kangaroo does that make it true?

13. Considering the brain is like a computer id say it is like asking the question; where did my music files go when i destroyed my ipod

14. #55 yurigadaisukida, Apr 8, 2014
    Makes you wonder if free will is a real thing, or if we are judt a self aware movie

A though so horrible to some, that they flat out reject it. Hence religion.

People dont want to believe that they are just a pre programmed robot doomed be erased from existance sooner or later

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. that idea has always been in my head but i never found a way to word it
    the way you worded it captured the though completely but worded it in a simple easy to grasp way.
    + rep for u dude

16. I had a friend who had collapsed after going to the hospital and was "dead" for a few minutes before being revived. He told me he remembered everything to the point of before he collapsed and when he was revived so i believe we just die and nothing after.

17. infinite nothingness

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. matter is neither created nor destroyed in this universe. so the energy/biological matter that makes up your body will simply convert into another form after time, honestly probably just pure carbon or part of the dirt or some kind of gas. Nothing too exciting. Now I do think that you will be reborn as something else, not necessarily human, but no it won't be "you" or your "soul" you will be something completely new and have noooooo knowledge of any past lives, and you will find yourself asking these very same questions. :)