First DWC Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CookieMonster420, Apr 2, 2014.

1. #21 GoldGrower, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    This is the bottle I have

[​IMG]

2. Well crap. Idk what it is then. I see little tiny tiny specs of idk but that could just be me. I seriously haven't seen anything that would create that kinda of damage. I've use the habonaro method last two day and it seems to have (cross my fingers) worked for now. No new damage today. I took pictures to compare for myself. I ordered the Neem Oil as well. Better to be perpared. I appreciate all your advice and/or help. Next step as long as my pest problem is under control. Start flowering next weekend. Be my first successful indoor and I'm getting pretty excited to get this far. :) She's short but grown about 1 1/2" last couple days.

3. You may have spidermites, but those big chunks of leaf that's missing aren't from spidermites. If you have some fine speckling you may well have them too

4. #24 CookieMonster420, Apr 10, 2014
    Yeah the damage has been spider mites I got a gem magnifying glass and found one big enough to see it up close. Did a lot of damage in a matter of three days. My fault for over looking it really. But really didn't know what you look for. But pretty sure I have it under control final spray tomorrow then play it out next week before flowering. High hopes again!

5. #25 CookieMonster420, Apr 10, 2014
    Deleted

6. #26 CookieMonster420, Apr 10, 2014
    Deleted

7. Meant to edit not quote. Lol

8. So last 24 hours have been ruff. :) The pest problem has been resolved so far. Everything thing seems to be lush but the fan leafs which happen to be drooping. I did a res change and cut the nutes in half and left it in 24h of darkness. I haven't changed anything but the height of the light but that was a week ago. Also I cut the areas where the pest did damage too. I figure its pretty stressed right now. :( Ill post a few pictures after a bit when I turn the light to 12/12. The temps with the hps bulb seem to be higher the the mh. Any suggestion would be greatful. :) Still got high hopes no real discoloration just drooping.

9. I wouldn't switch to flower until your growth rates are optimal. Why did you cut the nute strength in half? And leave it in 24 hours of darkness?

10. It seemed highly stressed. Idk what I should be doing exactly. I haven't changed the light cycle cause I wasn't sure about it myself so its on 18/6 still. I was debuting 24h of darkness. Kind at a lose of what to do at this point. :(

11. 1397424265714.jpg
    1397424276067.jpg
    1397424286123.jpg

Hope my girl makes it. The pH was really high around 7.5 so I used the pH down 1ml per gallon till its adjusted. I'm still waiting on my meter hopefully monday. Everything was good. Everything went south within 48h. :( The fan leafs are starting to yellow. I took three clipping from her and started 2 new strains but idk how to fix her at this point. I'm confused and stressed myself. :S

12. #33 phukyoo, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    Hmm..
    A few things you could try that won't hurt, try clipping the leaves back a little bit so it's not so droopy and weighed down, you need it to rebuild. It looks like you were flowering with a warm light like an HPS which plants don't prefer. I'd throw your metal halide back in and try going to wal-mart and picking up a couple 8' metal hoods that clip in for like $10 ea. They have a ballast built in so you just screw in a couple 6500k white CFL's and go. You can put em about 6" from your plants and the cool light from that combined with your warm light from hps or mh those babies should be doing good. I bought my 2 - 10" hoods and a pack of CFL's for $25 and my plants loved it. Also make sure you keep that PH in check it shouldn't be fluctuating wildly.

13. Ok, well I made it back. It took a little bit but she is coming back to life. :) I had alot of nute burn so she got a good trim. Freshly new green leaf have been forming. Shes vegged like 2 months and only 8" tall. I've switched to 12/12 and cut the power to 50% (300w) which it was at 600w. At 600w it was really hot in the tent. At 300w its stays at 64/84F and RH 40/62. I've manage to regulate the nutes and pH. I still havent received my meter so I sent an email out today. So things are starting to look good again. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Please hold all negitive comments. lol.

14. no negative comments here. I am on my first dwc grow, a couple of weeks behind yours. I won't have much advice other than what I have read but I am subbing. I have a similar set up. At 75% it stays around 84. You may want to try moving the light a little farther away if you can and increase the watts. Also, in the recent pics where they're drooping they look a little dark. You may want to reduce nutes or if using a multiple part nute system just reduce the most nitrogen rich part. If their still drooping currently flush the res and use just ph water for a couple days and move away the light. They should get a lighter color and stand up to get light. Then you would add nutes back. And can we see a pic of the roots??? I look forward to learning from your grow.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. 1398385897441.jpg
    1398385927383.jpg

She's alive! Lol. Nothing special yet but in flowering. No signs of flower but put it in 12/12 like fours days ago. Should be coming along soon though. Going 1/2" a day the last too.

Attached Files:

16. Thanks for following btw. Hope I have a happy out come.

17. Alright glad she recovered! I had a problem like that on my plant too, it was because my PH was far too low. I was using only my PH meter and it kept reading 6.0 so I never really worried. After I added water one day my plants just wilted over and I found out my PH was below 4! Just make sure you check the calibration on your meter from time to time, and using the color tests never hurt.

18. Cool!   Nice to see you plant recovered!  :yay: