My first grow March 2014

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by SiberianShepherd, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #41 SiberianShepherd, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Most seem to be doing really well after the transplant. I don't think I have any males( as far as I can tell but they are still young.)

Attached Files:

2. two questions, are there holes in the bottom of the buckets and are the still in the Vigaro soil?

3. Yes there are holes at the bottom( about 6-8 in each) and 4 on the sides. 
    Yes I am still using the Vigaro soil.

4. Another update. kinda high please excuse my typos

Two of my guys seem to be growing extremely slow and I have no idea why. The plant I topped actually is turning into 2 different parts, so i am glad i didn't mess up. I have a PH meter coming in from ebay(im cheap I got the 17 dollar digital one haha) I found another baby praying mantis in my garden. The garden gods have blessed me. I took a picture of the little guy haha. 

baby praying mantis 2.jpg

Attached Files:

5. They are looking hungry, have you fed them?

@MedCannabis101

6. No i thought my soil already has to much nutes for them.

7. #47 SiberianShepherd, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  8. Never ordered from herbies so couldn't tell you anything. I highly recommend the Attitude Seedbank however, never had any problems and they always have sweet deals and freebies. Also offer discrete and guaranteed shipping.

9. I didn't really like attitudes layout/prices. Not to mention they charge for a guarantee. They seem to be more expensive and since I am just learning i am trying to stick to cheaper seeds(genetics) before i start forking out the big bucks haha. Thanks for the input though.

10. Attitude seeds are being stopped in customs regularly lately. Imho, don't use them.

Ya that's right, time released nutes. :(
    I'd still top dress them with some earth worm castings. It's good stuff and can't hurt your plants.
    I'm having bad soil issues, too. I bought some cheap crap auto home depot to stick them in while my super soil cooked.
    Looks like i have a bad zinc deficiency now.

Anyhow, You have to be careful with adding extra nutrients. When the time release stuff releases you can easily burn your plants.

@MedCannabis101

11. I'll see what's up with my soil when I get my PH reader in a couple days. I really never planned on adding nutes unless I had to. My next soil will be a foxfarms/perlite,promix combo. Im just surprised two of my plants seem to have stunted in growth while the others are doing great when they all receive the same amount of everything.

12. Imho, use coco not promix. The peat moss they use is not as sustainable environmentally. Takes a long time for it to grow back.

That might just be it's phenotype. Just like all kids born to the same parents look differently, all seeds from the same plant will produce different looking offspring, a.k.a., phenotype.

@MedCannabis101

13. What does the coco do? All ive heard about it is it drys out faster(which can be a good thing so you dont over water) Which brand coco would you prefer? If I did the 1/3 coco 1/3 perlite and 1/3 foxfarms happy frog would make  decent soil? would i have to add more nutes down the line? Keep in mind it will be an outdoor grow. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn.

14. Happy frog is a weak soil for seedlings.
    Most anything is going to need some food added to it eventually.
    The Fox farm ocean forest, is a good base soil, but a bit too strong initially.
    Coco is coconut husks ground up. I wouldn't know one brand from another, It's a neutral base/filter I wouldn't think it mattered.

1/2 fox farm ocean forest, 1/2 coco is a good place to start. Get some good compost and good earth worm castings for later down the line, and you should be good.

Ffof, has pearlite in it, but you can add some more.

Outdoor, But in pots, right?

@MedCannabis101

15. Are you planning on using organics or bottled fertilizers?

@MedCannabis101

16. Why is happy frog weak? I've been told it's a good soil all around. Yes outdoor but in 5 gallon white buckets. For nutes I really have no clue, I just want to go with whatever is easiest then work my way from there as I grow more plants.

17. Happy frog is designed for seedlings. Think of it as baby food, lol. It's great stuff, for its intended use.
    The easiest way will be with floranova and pH up and down. Use RO water and you'll need more up then down.
    But with good soil you should be ok for a little while without nutes.
    With the chemical nutes you'll need a ppm meter and a pH meter. They are musts.

@MedCannabis101

18. Okay I get you now with the happy frog, I misread it and thought you meant weak as in sucky haha. Ill have too look for ph up/down soon. My ph meter should be arriving in the mail today or tomorrow. RO water?

19. #59 SiberianShepherd, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    UPDATE AND QUESTION

Some leaves on one of the plants are getting a little purple, is this due to it being to cold at night?
    Also one of the small ones is still curling. 

growpic87.jpg
    growpic86.jpg
    growpic85.jpg
    growpic84.jpg
    growpic83.jpg
    growpic82.jpg
    growpic81.jpg

20. Hi, I am looking to start a grow and instead of starting a new thread. I was wondering if anyone could help me with growing some outdoor KC Brains KC45, I need help with the equipment like the soil and fertilizers needed. if anyone can link me to the ones I have to buy ( preferably the cheapest and most effective).
    Much appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.