Where are you from? (No, really)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by AR Toasty, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ehh it's really more south west of indianapolis, town called mooresville.

2. I know mooresville. I've been there one time. It's around Bloomington, kind of in that sort of area? Brown county? Turkey run? I lived around the Kokomo area. There's nothing in Indiana. I don't miss it. The bugs the humidity the corn. I don't miss it! You won't either :p

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. 20 mins north of San Diego, CA but I live at college most of the year. 

4. No where fun, live in NJ close to Rutgers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Like an hours drive southwest of Toronto, in a nice small town.  Not much to do here but its pretty chill I guess.  Lots of stoners at least so that's always entertaining.  As for the laws, well they are fucked, but I heard that they are pushing for decriminalization, but who really knows.  Basically you go to jail, for any amount of pot, but be nice and respectful, and 9 times out of 10, you just get you stuff taken away...so I have heard.  Government is full of old people, cant change their minds.  Maybe once some young generation politicians get in, we could make something happen, but I don't expect that anytime soon.

That's a place I don't think I've heard anything about, ever. What's it like to live there?

7. Forest hill, Maryland.. 20 miles north of Baltimore.. Love my state

8. 29614_djt8Z0z5LCyhLS7G62OJb2CMJtDXzW2Wz6CZ5jHqolg.jpg
    I live in this beautiful small city in Portugal. The city has around ~15k inhabitants, and is a extremely safe city. It has a beautiful castle & a river that crosses the city. In the summer loads of tourists come here so there's more activities here which is fun. There's also a few islands here. The only downside is that you have to go to the islands to go to the beach but it really doesn't matter much because travelling by boat to the island costs like 90cents. Drugs are descriminalized in Portugal so there's no need to worry.

9. fresno, california

10. I prefer not to say the exact city I live in but I am in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. I have lived here for my whole life and I am slowly enjoying it less and less but I still like the place and the memories it holds.

​Diverse ethnicity's, lot's of good people, lot's of bad people. The gang scene is very big considering it is a small city of around 250,000 people, the leading gang here goes by the name of "Terror Squad" with the colors being black and white and they pretty much run things around here. 

We have a river running through our city with six or seven bridges with nice trails placed on both sides that make for some good walks, runs, bike rides and whatever else with some nice views of the river. We don't have any skyscrapers, just some fairly large buildings. 

It is a very diverse place, all kinds of people. I know I will be out of here sooner or later but it will always be my home. 

Please take some time to check out this video, you'll get a little peak of my city and also find out about one of the less fortunate people who spends most of his time on the streets. He is sort of a celebrity around here and this video is a nice watch.

http://vimeo.com/91863303

11. Nothing here to do in my area.  I live in Iowa, a big old cornfield.

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397811224.726236.jpg
    Hertfordshire, England.

When the sun is out is a very beautiful place to live but it's usually not and usually it's crappy n raining n cold most of the year.
    Bein closer to London is cool, 30 mins on train n ur there, so many interesting cool places to go u never do same thing twice. The general attitude of Londoners is selfish, rude, too busy to help anyone and that filters up to Herts area to a degree. Most people keep themselves to themselves but I have some good friends but took a long time to find.
    I think weed is as popular as it has always been, most people smoke as a teen, get bored of it n quit, some stick with it through their 20's n our culture see's those people as drop out losers. Anyone seen smoking 30+, ur basically a basket case or must have cancer. It's not really acceptable to most people unless a fellow toker.

13. Im from Perth Western Australia
    View attachment 1427740
    one of the physically most isolated cities in the world, between us and every other capital city is basically just desert, its no problem getting here by plane but on the ground its usually a long dry hot drive

things are apparently a little expensive because of the shipping costs,
    not too bad a place to raise some kids because most areas arent that dangerous, but once you hit your teens it is horribly boring since there is not much to do in terms of nature and amusement parks

good beaches tho

14. #34 Sc0pe, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    dam double post

Attached Files:

15. Oh the suburban part of New Jersey...such a bore. On most days. But really I have to give Jersey its props. I've grown up around so many different cultures and races, that now I'm just so much more widespread than I would have been in...lets just go with Texas lol. Black, white, indian, spanish, asian, mixed. We have such a mix over here that it's almost impossible tk be ignorant to only your own culture. Unless you live in a more...southern part of NJ.

I will not lie. It looks nice. Like...really nice. Part of it is just widespread farm land, with horses and cows and goats and crops. Best place to watch the sunset. And then there are cute little towns with little boutiques and bakeries. And then rutgers campus, where I currently reside. Quite busy and fun. Then traveling a bit south you'll hit Atlantic city, which looks great during both summer and winter (I prefer winter. Less tourist.).

Depending on where you go in Jersey, there are many things to do. And really it depends on the day, whether or not I dig it.

And the situation with cannabis really depends on which part of Jersey you're in. In the very affluent parts, like Alpine, where I used to live, cannabis was just as easy to come by as cocaine. Silly rich white kids lol. The prices were seriously up there, but the choices and quality were great. When I moved over to Somerset County/ New Brunswick, for myself atleast, its a get what you can type of situation. In the really suburban neighborhoods, the weed is crap. I can't even count on my fingers and toes how many times I had been offered to buy a bag of oregano. Fucking oregano? Come on....

But to sum it all up, New Jersey is hardly what Jersey Shore portrayed it to be. Actually quite the opposite. There are some people like that but they don't take up this whole, wonderful state. Its pot situation is nice, its diversity is awesome, and really...its just nice lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Upstate New York mon! But better than that, 5 minutes outa Woodstock, NY. I don't think it's where the actual Woodstock concert went down but it's famous for it's name, we have lots of famous artists(music and painters) that live around the area. It's pretty much countryside living you can say cause it ain't city or town but Woodstock is like a small town very cool due to it being filled with hippies and I love it because it's very peaceful where I live and very wilderness like! It's beautiful a lot of places to hike, fish, hunt, swim, ski, boat and camp around here. But I do want to move and explore but wherever I move too is going to be an area like this.

17. i hail from the mid-coast region of maine. but i'm not from the coast. following picture is the county seat, wiscasset:

[​IMG]

i live 15 miles up the river in the picture. this county is one of the most laid-back in the state, as far as cannabis is concerned. a healthy dose of rich folks keep the economy in the black, but most in my county don't have a lot. the community i grew up in, everyone knew everyone, always waved driving down the road, and we had killer pig roasts and community events. this is what the land up my way looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. My hometown is Bowling Green, Kentucky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Population is about 60,000 now, grown a lot from around 42,000 when I was born in '89, with another 60,000 spread around the rural areas of the county. Home of Western Kentucky University, good basketball, good parties, lots of hills (no freshmen fifteen here!), and a god awful football team with a mascot by the name of Big Red :p The town's got kind of a 'hipster' vibe and plentiful weed around the college. Decent local music scene, mostly rock and blugrass. Any Cage the Elephant fans? :) Away from the college, it's more a typical Kentucky town, with a southeastern US culture. And there's a few neighborhoods with money strewn around the area. And there is no "wrong side of the tracks", only the wrong side of the river!

But violent crime isn't bad, though drugs (weed and otherwise) are extremely common. Thankfully, KY dropped the charge for possession of a half pound or less to essentially a slap on the wrist, a max of $250 fine and/or 45 days in jail, and no arrest if that's your only charge, you just get cited to go to court. Obviously not as good as decriminalization or legalization, but a hell of a lot better than just forty miles south in TN. And most of the cops in Bowling Green don't seem too hell-bent on going after stoners.

Also where Corvettes are made. The three biggest employers of the city are WKU, the Medical Center, and Fruit of the Loom (yes, the underwear :laughing:). Outside of town, the economy is mostly agricultural, tobacco, corn, and soybeans primarily.

The city itself is rather flat, as is a lot of the county south of it, but the terrain is more hilly north of town, with a few big rock faces and such, particularly near the Barren River. Caves are abundant, Mammoth Cave National Park is a hop, skip, and jump away. The weather is overall pretty mild, usually no more than a few inches of snow fall at a time, and the temperature rarely drops below zero. Summers can be pretty damn humid though, and the temps usually hang around the nineties. Tornado warnings are pretty much commonplace, but they usually end up being not too much. No hurricanes, earthquakes, or wild fires.

It's not paradise, but it's a decent little city. Got a lot of memories there. I'm not too far out from it where I'm living now.

19. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYqyFWQAc5w

20. I'm from Vegas. I don't see what's so special about it but then again a.)I've lived here my whole life. B) I'm not legal yet lol