What is the purpose of life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by chrisdask8r, Apr 1, 2014.

1. No purpose. No failure. Pure freedom.

2. #42 UrbanGuerilla64, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    There is no point. We are just an accident caused by cosmic events that happened to workout for us.  Given the right conditions we are an inevitability. Life will always develop given that right circumstances. If there is a warm body of water,light and enough time life will thrive anywhere in the universe even if its microscopic bacteria.

3. I know it is against the rules to advocate drug use so I'm going to bend the rules. Try meditation and/or psychedeliks. Especially mushrumes and n,n dimethyltryptamine (DMT occurs naturally in the brain)

4. Maybe no inherit point. But to say there is no personal point in life is a great dishonorment to mankind.

5. #45 28GramCrracka, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014

Each and every individual soul has a reason to be here. Every person is meant to fulfill a destiny at a certain point in history that flows into the natural events of time and our universe as we know it. This doesn't mean that everything in front of you is already set in stone. It means you are meant to figure out how and why you influence life. When you know this you'll find true peace of mind.. We are all one, so we share the same energy of life. Every action, has a reaction...

Live each day to your fullest and leave the past behind, but never forget. Always continue forward in life. What if you woke up today with only what you were thankful for yesterday?...

P.S - Listen to Tangerine Sky by Kottonmouth Kings. The "trippy" version. It's one of those songs that really makes you think and help enter your inner-self.

7. I think that the real purpose is that there is none. We are just another random act of nature like all the other planets in the universe.

8. #48 4r5t6y7, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Maybe the purpose of it is to experience it?  Think about it, if there was no life to experience the universe, what would be the point of the universe?  

Not my belief, just something I thought of.  I don't like to search for the meaning of life.

9. Well I thought I had it figured out.

But I dont.

But I did just now figure out there purpose is always changing for me at least.now thats something to think about.there is no purpose when you think the purpose is always changing. Some may want to cure cAncer. Some may want to travel. Some may want to have a family.who knows, who cares.do whatever u want.its your life

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

:smoke:

:smoke:

12. I agree. The meaning of life is without a doubt subjective to the individual. Not just for humans, but all living things.

13. See for religious folks life is about whatever their religion says its about. For atheist folks it can be quite a range of things.

I believe in a form of atheistic existentialism which basically assumes 1) evolution is true so our physical purpose is to reproduce and continue as a species and 2) because there is no meaning you create your own meaning.

Have i figured out my meaning, no not fully yet. But i feel like im getting to the end of figuring out my meaning so for now i just do everything i enjoy and dont do things i dont enjoy unless they are necessary.

A good psychological test that was created by a swiss psychologist (cant remember his name right now ) is to pose the question to yourself of "You are going on a walk. Describe it and what your are doing". With this you cant over think it, just the first thing off the tope of your head.

I answered walking through a forest smoking a joint. Trees with this example represent friends in your life and what you are doing says the direction you see yourself going. So with mine i basically see myyself as enjoying my time with the people i love doing what i love.

There were more questions but this one in particular may help some people find there meaning

Sent from my HTC One S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. To ascend.  To find peace.

15. #55 narcissistic, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
     "I've always believed in numbers. In the equations & logics that lead to reason . But after a lifetime of such pursuit I  ask ,........what truly is logic? Who decides reason? 
    My quest has taken me to the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional & back & I have made the most important discovery of my life.
     It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found. I'm only here today because of you. You are the only reason I am. You are all of my reasons."

16. Yah man, I feel you on that for real. Livin..  :bongin:  :hippie:

17. #58 FreedomFighter420, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    to be happy  :bongin:

18. did you like just touch your first boob or something? Grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. to destroy our host planet