Found 2.5 gallons of tiger bloom buried in front yard

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rain dancer, Mar 31, 2014.

1. So my brother @[member="TrickyNicky88"] found 2.5 gallons of tiger bloom n his front yard. He texted me and I was like, "yeah right dude."

"No fo reals bro," he says.

So I came over to check it out. He took a pic, here it is.
    [​IMG]

Going to test it against some tiger bloom I have and see if its the real deal or not, using ph and tds meters. He gave me 2 liters :D

2. #2 THE D E A, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    anything inside? it must be like vintage wine now, the older the better, prob make your plant massive hahahaha

edit: oh and how did he find it? was he just randomly digging for shit in the front yard? lol

3. You don't?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I tested the ph and theyre the same, my old bottle and the contents of the jug. Theyre also the same color. He really scored man!

It was mostly buried in the front yard, in a shaded area. He's rentin the place, jus went out to feed his dog and saw a white lid sticking outta the ground, dug it up and viola.

I looked it up. That amount retails for 120-135 bucks!

Glad he gave me two liters of it, good stuff, not crystalized or nothin.

5. saved quite a bit of money my man !
    tell him to dig around he might just find lights, fans etc hahaha

6. #6 rain dancer, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Lmao, that would be awesome, but you do have a literal point. Who knows what else might be down there lmao

7. That's just crazy man....

only thing I ever found on my property was an old rusty box spring :( jealous.... 

8. What the hell lmao. Guess you weren't the only grower living where you are now :laughing: . "oh shit I've cleared all the gear out I'm 100% clean except for this tiger bloom and there is an inspection in 20 minutes. Better dig a hole"

9. lmfao its prolly bum piss

good luck!

JK :)

10. Damn that's a great find! I'd get a metal detector and look around for more stuff, or just start digging.

11. Well i poured my tiger bloom i already owned into a jar and then his stuff next to it.

Looked the same weirdish green color.

Tested ph.

Mine was 2.6ph his was 2.7ph

Tds/ppm meter was a solid bar on both.

Ima go with, "it'sgood"

I feel ya on finding the treasure.

Like i said when he wrote me to tell me I wrote back, yeah right lmao. Nobodys that lucky.

I envied him too til he hooked it up!

12. #12 morange, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    I would think it's still fine. Tiger bloom is stored very acidic to prolong the shelf life, and seeing as it was underground (hopefully sealed tight) it should have been dark cool and dry for the most part. That stuff lasts a while too, I havent grown weed in soil for years however I still use my Fox Farm Trio for house plants and gardening in the back yard, still goes strong.

EDIT: awesome find too, those gallons of nutrients tend to go for like 80-100+ dollars.

13. Yeah i forgot to mention, my original bottle of tiger bloom is ten years old! It has only crystalized around the lid but a good shake and its back to normal.

The stuff he found was sealed tight and buried up to the lid. The ground here is cold clay. Even when it gets over 100f it stays cool in the shade but esp in the clay. First thing I did was clean out a two liter pepsi bottle and take a "sample" ;) but he was cool with it. Im doin a hydro grow as we speak, so maybe, jus maybe ill use some o this stuff, who knows.

I googled 2.5 gallons and it was 125-135 dollars. I was blown away. Esp since last week he went n bought some miracle grow plant food for his ladies due to budget contraints.

About the area. His dad owns two houses that are split by a fence in the front, but not seperated in the back. The ol tenant asked to grow but the dad said theyd have to pay some huge fee and give half their product so they didnt. Or they did and did it on the low.

Hes already found a few five gallon pots with root balls still inside, ding ding ding but the kicker was finding that tiger bloom in his frontyard in a corner of the yard where his dog shits. He was afraid to do anything with it til i checked it out with the proper tools, considering his dad, a mechanic, might have jus used the bottle for transmission fluid or something, which is where the hanna ph met comes in :)

14. lol, i just rubbed my eyes, at first i thought OP meant a tiger took a shit in his front yard.

15. I jus told him to search the rest of his n his neighbors yards.

He's watchin the thread now haha

Would be trippy if he found all of the above. Lights would be badass haha

Wouldnt trust a ballast buried under ground tho

16. like Ryder did in Gta Sa haha nigga cray lookin for water n shit prolly smoked his brains out

Sent from my C5303 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. He's been finding all kindsa growin stuff buried around his place lately.

Fed his plants some o that tiger bloom and theyre perky n happy now :D

18. #18 azcactus, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

19. So he used the tiger bloom and grew some very healthy plants.

Maybe I can get some pics to update this thread.

20. Its just a ploy by the property owner to get his garden dug for free lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app