Newer fan leaves yellowing w/ brown spots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by afry925, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Anybody know what could be causing this yellowing w/ brown spots. I'm pretty sure it's not a nitrogen deficiency. It's only happening to the newer fan leaves on the top of the plant. I just switched from a T5 in veg to 400 watt HPS for flower and this seems to happen a LOT right when I start flowering my plants. I was thinking at first maybe it was caused by the light being too hot, but the very top of the plant is completely fine... Not sure the exact ph of my fox farm soil. Ph probe says 6.7 - 7.0. I know ive got some phosphorous deficiency on the lower fan leaves but that doesn't really bother me. I'm thinking it's most likely cal-mag deficiciency, but I JUST fed with a bunch of cal-mag 2 days ago and the problem got worse. Is it true that nute burn only shows up on the leaf tips?? I'm gonna check the runoff soon and make sure the ph isn't off too much. Thanks for any help I can get!

Attached Files:

2. Ive had this before a few times. I noticed it was because the roots were binding (container too small), or root temperature, or both. Calmag wont fix this, ive already tried...

3. Thanks but there's no way the roots are too hot since i'm indoors and it's not that hot at all. Definitely not root bound either since i'm using a 5 gallon pot and the soil is still very loose. Thanks though! @[member="Phil N. Bowls"]

4. #4 Skunky Monkey, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    By the pick it's kinda hard to tell at first i thought Nitrogen deficiency, now i'm thinking possibly nutrient but even so if it is it's an odd type of nutrient burn  :confused:

OK i think Magnesium to much calcium can lock out magnesium just dug up a pic yellowing like blistering almost of the chlorophil and brown spots. 

Attached Files:

5. How long its been in the 5? Very well could be root boud

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. a few months (and i know thats a long time) but i would be VERY surprised if this was the case. This seems to always happen RIGHT after I switch to the 400 watt hps. @[member="punchreba"]

7. Understand. Have had similar issues twice. And also had similar issues at flower like you. This is what my leafs looked like when roots were bound.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. Ok I'm not in a small pot tho... I'm using a giant 5 gallon pot. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I had the same problem and determined that my ph was too low so it was locking out calcium. Some Fox Farms soil tends to get more acidic as time goes on, so this could be your problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Have you tried dolomite lime?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. No I haven't. I'm actually using a different soil this time other than the fox farm that I forgot I was using. The guy at the hydro store said he was 99% sure i need to add more nitrogen. Ph probe says my ph is 6.7 - 7.0... But I know those things aren't always accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Pull off the ugly leaves. thats what i do.