ESO just released

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by AlphaOmega420, Mar 30, 2014.

1. #21 Skywalker298, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    Some people. because I never was that immersed when I played MMO's and I've played many.I understand what you mean though and thanks for explainining

2. Is it less bugged than the betas?

3. I got the imp edition for 64bucks, or you could just order directly from ZOS and still get 5day early access with the standard edition

yeah I haven't run into any quest bugs (a couple in the beta were stuck forever for me) and I havent fallen through the world or anything like I have in the open beta

4. on the ZOS website it says that the standard edition only comes with 3 days of early access so i just said fuck it and bought a 4th, figure when i get paid tuesday( 3 days before the game comes out) ill buy it then, ive been in all the betas for the past 6 months so its not like im missing anything. ill be 50 before the end of my first free month anyway. 

5. The point is that you can't guarantee any certain level of immersion just because it is an MMO. Bad games fail and, in the case of MMO's, are shut down. Why? Because they lack the ability to pull in and keep players.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Where does this game take place in the Skyrim lore?Is it before everything or after everything?

7. its about a 1000 years before skyrim and nothing in that game matters at all.  that map is only very small part of the great map. basically dont anyway think of it as " skyrim online"

8. until oculus rift comes with mmos then people will really have no lives lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Thought this came out April 4th?

10. if you preorder the 80 dollar version you get 5 days of early access, if you get the 60 dollar version you get 3 days of early access. basically if your going to play the game you might as well preorder. theres some other perks to but they are all pretty stupid

11. yea im playing in 'early access' which is basically a soft open so everyone doesn't destroy the servers on release day.

I really recommend anyone whose a fan of ES or MMOs to try it out, this game does alot of things right.

12. Now if only oculus rift was out for it, my life would be complete lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Can anyone playing make comparisons between this and WOW and should i buy it now or wait to see if it fails to hold its playerbase like SWTOR

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app while high as fuck

14. The zones are huge and usually very detailed, you literally need to explore the whole zone if you want to be at a decent level for the next area. The variety of quests is better than any MMO ive played (including GW2) sure there is a couple "go get 5 mudcrab eyes" but the majority of them involve solving a puzzle, or saving a town from destruction.

Last quest I did yesterday was about outing a saboteur in a village, I had to talk to the villagers and get alibis and accusations, slowly building up until with everyone starter pointing at two people. Then you get to decide if they live or die. Atleast 30% of the quests offer a alternative option, so like the quest giver will ask if you want to run in warhammer raised or if you want to take a stealthy approach and sneak in from the back, bypassing most of the enemies.

They really nailed the balance between MMO tropes and ES mechanics, I really love tanking in this game. The shield/blocking mechanics are awesome. I've done 6 dungeons so far (there is one in each zone, and you can portal to the other 2 enemy faction dungeons from wayshrines so you don't miss out on that content) The boss fights are usually different, like one will be a pure caster (where I need to equip my spell reflect/absorb or I wipe as the tank) that summons skeletons or teleports around the room blasting out AOEs that you need to dodge.

There is a active dodge mechanic in this game, and you will need to use it especially in dungeons where I can get 1shotted if I don't block a power attack from a boss.

ZOS made MMORPGs engaging and thrilling again, atleast for me

I really love how big the PvP zone which is about the size of 3 leveling zones, complete with fully destructible forts/outposts/castles/keeps, multiple siege weapons from Ballista to Burning Oil, public dungeons/quest chains, crowning an emperor, and stealing/protecting the Elder Scrolls you will be busy for a long time.

If you commit the skill points, resources, and time into crafting you really reap the rewards, and I love the researching/style mechanics.

The little things too like NPCs hailing you when you walk past them and fully voiced characters that aren't even apart of a quest or a merchant but they still took time to give them VA's really helps sell Tamriel. The quest phasing is really neat too, and used much more effectively than a similar game: GW2.

This game is nothing like WoW honestly, the only thing they really share is the trinity system, and with the console version releasing soon and how HUGE the ES franchise has gotten lately I highly doubt this will be a SWTOR situation, not to mention theres atleast 400+ hours of content in this game on launch, which is fucking awesome!

15.  Wow thx a lot for covering all that, it looks like I could see myself really enjoying this game, but i;m still wary of the end game content and if it will be interesting/challenging enough for me to invest a lot of time in it.

16. Yeah I can understand that. But the best things about MMORPGs is how the evolve over time, and with a sub fee ZOS can focus real content and not cash shop BS like GW2. And when you consider how big the ES franchise has blossomed theres no way this could be a SWTOR situation, the console playerbase for PS4/Xbone will help supplement ZOS too

17. #37 Happysack, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014

I'm curious how do you consider GW2 to have cash shop BS when everything in their cash shops cosmetic? They release new content so often its ridiculous and they only charge a 50 dollar 1 time fee now. Best system ever for an MMO..... I've pumped out 3 max lvl characters in the game and had a ton of fun doing it. I no longer play but I also no longer pay..... 60 bucks got me a solid year of enjoyment and exploration. GW2 is still going strong and if I had more time I'd play more often.

If you think that a company needs to charge 15 a month per customer to "Keep the game alive" your falling for their BS.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microtransactions-world-of-warcraft-revenues-mmorpg-in-game-store,24236.html

On a financial level, SuperData Research reports that World of Warcraft revenue tanked in a span of seven months, with the MMORPG generating $204 million in September 2012 to $93 million in April 2013.

Bethesda just wants to see a couple hundred million in their pocket in revenue each year from this nothing more, they have the resources to keep the game updates coming and only charge a fraction of what they are trying to get. I mean why does it have to be 15/month? Why not 5-7.99 a month seems a hell of a lot more reasonable.

60-100 dollars for the game..... 15 dollars a month...... 30-50 dollar expansions.  Total price by next year you've spent... 165 on your monthly fee alone, 60-100 for the game and who knows if there will be an expansion you have to pay for by then your looking at close to 300 dollars maybe more for this game to play for a year.

I sincerely hope people are able to squeeze 300 dollars worth of fun out of the game for a year but personally I'd rather take that 300 and buy the consumer OR release :)

18. People bitchin' bout sub fees, boooohoooo.
    The game is off the chain, haven't felt addicted to an MMORPG like this since I was a teenager playing Runescape or WoW.

19. Damn it I probably can't afford a new computer til june  :cry:
    I'm so damn excited for this, I've already been theorycrafting my ass off and everything. WoW piddled out for me after WotLK, SWtOR was awful, Rift was boring, haven't been so into an mmo for years and I can't even play it.

20. #40 Stormy Sea, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    So! I just picked up the Elder Scrolls Online game a few days ago, and so far I'm enjoying it. Always been a fan of the series, my favorite's definitely Oblivion, followed by Morrowind; Skyrim was just... eh. It was moderately fun the first time, but it got old and boring really quick for me for some reason. Maybe I'm just growing up. :p Didn't have that feeling to it either, I dunno.

I do have a few complaints about TESO and there's a lot of stuff I don't like, but there's a lot of stuff I do like too, and I feel like it could be an awesome game if they continue to put the necessary work into it; it doesn't seem like it was quite ready for release, but I'm sure it'll get a lot better, lot of other MMOs weren't ready when they were first released either. There's so much they could do with this kind of world, and play type; I hope they reach their potential and it doesn't end up just another flop, like all the other MMOs I've tried in the past few years (ie SWTOR, Rift, GW2, yada yada... all okay for the first few days, and then boring boring boring color-in-the-lines repetition...)

My only major, unfixable problem with it is that in the previous TES games, you're basically dropped into the world, and you can run off in any direction and start questing and exploring and shit. In TESO, not so much; you have to follow a bunch of linear opening quests that are near your level, and a lot of the first zones are little islands, which kind of ruins the feel of the 'huge expansive world' concept. Feels less like TES and more like... well, any other MMO. World opens up a bit more as you level, but it doesn't quite have that 'i wanna explore everything' feeling to it. Maybe they should add more game objects, I dunno. I also feel like the quest dialogue is really boring and kinda unimaginative; the voice actors are just... voice actors, not people. I dunno. The first few chains were really cool but since then it's kinda died down and I don't even wanna listen to them talk anymore, just skip through it all.

I really do like the character creation and customization though, I feel like my character is actually my character. I haven't gotten that feeling from a game since WoW (yes yes, I know, we all hate it now, but let's admit it used to be pretty fucking awesome)

But other than that, so far so good!  Really enjoying it a lot more than any of the other games I've picked up recently. But only been playing it for a few days so we'll see haha. Feel like it won't get old too fast though because it's just so different, you know?